What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Yes but your comment did not mention the two scheduled to be produced in 2020.
I don't think those two will be from PAC Kamra, rather the two Chinese prototypes handed over to Pakistan.
In Pakistan the production will only start in 2021 not before.

I don't think those two will be from PAC Kamra, rather the two Chinese prototypes handed over to Pakistan.
In Pakistan the production will only start in 2021 not before.
These two to be produced in 2020 are not going to be the prototypes, but final production version. Prototypes are stepping stones to the final production. That is how you get your 50 frontline Block-III fighters and not prototypes being makeshift as production fighters.

#260 over Kamra..To be delivered to a Foreign customer

View attachment 614064
Where did you pick the foreign customer part? Just curious if its just a guess on your behalf or what?
Can see both 260 and 261 tails here at the sane ceremony where the twin seaters were delivered.

upload_2020-3-15_14-12-5.png

These two to be produced in 2020 are not going to be the prototypes, but final production version. Prototypes are stepping stones to the final production. That is how you get your 50 frontline Block-III fighters and not prototypes being makeshift as production fighters.
So the two prototypes made by China will be scrapped?

No.17 and No. 23 sqn next in line to convert to JF-17.
So where the F-7 will go?
More importantly both these are PG squadrons ... i.e. ... 17 - Tigers and 23 - Talons.
So you are saying that we are going to ground PG's too? So soon? They are still quite decent point defence fighters.
With Link-17 TDL they might still prove quite handy in a fight.

Not likely. They will remain. As test beds for integration of new weaponry, sensors and other equipment.
That's not how it works in a cash strapped program like JF-17.
Every aircraft is a testbed and all are improved while being used.
I don't call myself an authority on JF-17 but I been following the program since Musharraf era , specially on this forum through knowledgeable members who were part of the program such as @Muradk
@pshamim and others

No.17 and No. 23 sqn next in line to convert to JF-17.
Is this a guess ??

paf indicted 12 single seater in 2018 plus 12 dual seater in 2019 so that means sqn plus aircraft , I was expecting number 18 with f-7p to convert as last f-7p sqn ??
Where is 17 and 23 coming from ?

So where the F-7 will go?

No. 18 or No. 20 squadron.
PakBrother mine,

We, PAC/PAF, must also use these retired platform for experiementing as drones... just like China converted old fighters into drones... this will help us in so many ways...

Just a thought... @airomerix

Mangus

I'm not sure whats the utility for PAF of such an investment. However, the idea sounds attractive.

More importantly both these are PG squadrons ... i.e. ... 17 - Tigers and 23 - Talons.
So you are saying that we are going to ground PG's too? So soon? They are still quite decent point defence fighters.
With Link-17 TDL they might still prove quite handy in a fight.

Is this a guess ??

paf indicted 12 single seater in 2018 plus 12 dual seater in 2019 so that means sqn plus aircraft , I was expecting number 18 with f-7p to convert as last f-7p sqn ??
Where is 17 and 23 coming from ?

It is not a hard and fast rule to replace an entire squadron of oldest fighters.

Peshawar and Quetta will get rid of F-7s altogether.

The displaced F-7s will join the existing squadrons at Mianwali. No. 18 and No 20.

There is a fair chance that No. 18. will retire the oldest F-7P's and retain some frames with lower hours.

Lastly, No.2 squadron is to be expanded. it is set to become the largest squadron of PAF as far as.I remember someone mentioning. The workload is simply too much and it might boast a strength of 30-35 jets in 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom