What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

I am like 6.1 with sneakers i and i cannot fit in a c-152 and just barely in a c-172. Theme mirage and f-7 cockpits look tiny.

F-7P cockpit was small but i could fit in by lowering(adjusting) the seat as per my guide(Flt Ltn) he told me my knees were blocking some essentials dials so i am certainly not fit to fly F-7P.

I watched it the day it aired (that's how I am) and Me and my boys just made the most awkward face of all time (just as bad as abhi shooting f-16 down face).

Just ridiculous.

You have a Canadian flag so maybe you know cf-188 and their ejection seat is around CAD 270k a piece.

Got close to it once. Posted some pictures here from that day. Did not know about its seat, though. I'm guessing it's the MB MK-14 as is in the USN F/A-18s?

F-7P cockpit was small but i could fit in by lowering(adjusting) the seat as per my guide(Flt Ltn) he told me my knees were blocking some essentials dials so i am certainly not fit to fly F-7P.
I see but i think 6.4 maxes out my shoulder touches the cockpit wall in the Harvard ii (t-6 texan) I aint that tall but they designs these things for 5.7-5.9 people, a lot of the fighter guys are not too tall some exceptions in my CAT 3 assessment it was pointed out that my upper body was rather bit larger but luckily all else was fine for all else. However I was wondering to join the PAF I went to the consulate but they did not have any information is there any way for foreign living paks to apply without being in Pakistan? I can show up for the tests and all but the waiting time will kill me as I already jumped programs (hint hint).

Just ridiculous.

Got close to it once. Posted some pictures here from that day. Did not know about its seat, though. I'm guessing it's the MB MK-14 as is in the USN F/A-18s?
aces II for sure here at the CAN, See em all the time they are rotting old the make nice howls though.

Apart from what @Mirage Battle Commander has said, ACES II (the seat used in the F-22) is estimated to be around $250,000. The most expensive estimate for an ejection seat produced by Martin Baker that I found is $420,000. A more credible source puts them around $150,000. Given that, back in 2010, 6 K-8 cost Bolivia almost $10 million a piece, albeit with related support included, I'm sure you can see how stupid that assertion is.

For it to be true, the K-8 would have to cost at max $840,000 with more than $9 million in support per aircraft or the MK10 ejection seat would have to cost at least $5 million a piece. That could also make the ejection seat in the JF-17 more than 25% of its cost, depending on the block. Does any of this sound right to you?

The gentleman obviously has no clue what he's talking about. Goes to show yet again that just because a PAF personnel says it does not mean that it's true or even anywhere close to being true. If we understood this, half of the garbage in this forum would be eliminated.

I couldn't find anything in the article about these paint schemes being used by the US to fool anyone. Could you quote the part that I missed please?

Anyone who has worked in industry know a piece cost means nothing

I know 10 million system cost /price for a package deal
10 systems with support package for 550 million dollars (in the industry defense personal experience ) so I am not an expert on mb seats but package price is way more than per pieces cost

A single MK-82 cost to a country x is 22k but package of xx with support services etc ... guess

By the way which industry do you work in and what’s your experience please share

The pilot may be wrong I do-not know but the prices from any weapons system especially from west are ....

If paf is paying $120M for security and monitoring of f-16 than who knows ...

Anyone who has worked in industry know a piece cost means nothing

I know 10 million system cost /price for a package deal
10 systems with support package for 550 million dollars (in the industry defense personal experience ) so I am not an expert on mb seats but package price is way more than per pieces cost

A single MK-82 cost to a country x is 22k but package of xx with support services etc ... guess

By the way which industry do you work in and what’s your experience please share

The pilot may be wrong I do-not know but the prices from any weapons system especially from west are ....

If paf is paying $120M for security and monitoring of f-16 than who knows ...
mk 10 120-150k depends on how many you buy end of story

aces II is around 190-210 k depends how many you buy

It is not Feasible to interchange JF with all types flying we should keep in mind the jf-17 is jack off all trades and master of none (older f-16s) but know what Pakistan air force needs is to get 2 dedicated types of aircraft and this is needed ASAP like ASAP what needs to be done is to procure some dedicated attack/strike platform and a dedicated air superiority platform the best option on the table would be THE F-35(SEDUCE THE ORANGE MAN) BEST OPTION AND FOR STRIKE WE HAVE 2 OUTSTANDING PLATFORM FBC-1A Flying Leopard I & SU-34 WITH THESE 2 AIRCRAFT YOU CAN PUT TONES OF EXPLOSIVES/JAMMING/EW SENSORS & EVEN USE RAAD WITHOUT ANY MAJOR CHANGES (PAKISTAN HAS A LOT OF RAADS FOR SOME REASON). WE CAN DISCUSS MORE BUT UNFORTUNATELY OUR AIR FORCES EYES ARE FIXATED ON THE AZM PROJECT WHICH IS ALMOST 10 YEARS LATE AND ALLAH KNOWS WHEN WE WILL GET TO SEE THE FIRST PROTOTYPE. JF-17 WILL BE THE BACK BONE BUT WE NEED EYES(AIR SUPERIORITY), MOUTH(STRIKE) AND I THINK THE F-16 AS OUR (HANDS).

Son,

You have all my love and affection as a father would have for his son—-hehehehe.

It is not Feasible to interchange JF with all types flying we should keep in mind the jf-17 is jack off all trades and master of none (older f-16s) but know what Pakistan air force needs is to get 2 dedicated types of aircraft and this is needed ASAP like ASAP what needs to be done is to procure some dedicated attack/strike platform and a dedicated air superiority platform the best option on the table would be THE F-35(SEDUCE THE ORANGE MAN) BEST OPTION AND FOR STRIKE WE HAVE 2 OUTSTANDING PLATFORM FBC-1A Flying Leopard I & SU-34 WITH THESE 2 AIRCRAFT YOU CAN PUT TONES OF EXPLOSIVES/JAMMING/EW SENSORS & EVEN USE RAAD WITHOUT ANY MAJOR CHANGES (PAKISTAN HAS A LOT OF RAADS FOR SOME REASON). WE CAN DISCUSS MORE BUT UNFORTUNATELY OUR AIR FORCES EYES ARE FIXATED ON THE AZM PROJECT WHICH IS ALMOST 10 YEARS LATE AND ALLAH KNOWS WHEN WE WILL GET TO SEE THE FIRST PROTOTYPE. JF-17 WILL BE THE BACK BONE BUT WE NEED EYES(AIR SUPERIORITY), MOUTH(STRIKE) AND I THINK THE F-16 AS OUR (HANDS).

Can i have the same sh1t you are smoking?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom