What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

No brother...i just watch Youtube videos of DCS JF17 :)

It should have been 8 excluding 1 x helicopter...but PAF says 2 in 2 so..you cant fight state do you..wreckage & that its been 158 days....everything is closed.
Somehow I believe you about the count but not about your origin.

Pull up paf maahaz at pc academy it’s available on YouTube

Apart from what @Mirage Battle Commander has said, ACES II (the seat used in the F-22) is estimated to be around $250,000. The most expensive estimate for an ejection seat produced by Martin Baker that I found is $420,000. A more credible source puts them around $150,000. Given that, back in 2010, 6 K-8 cost Bolivia almost $10 million a piece, albeit with related support included, I'm sure you can see how stupid that assertion is.

For it to be true, the K-8 would have to cost at max $840,000 with more than $9 million in support per aircraft or the MK10 ejection seat would have to cost at least $5 million a piece. That could also make the ejection seat in the JF-17 more than 25% of its cost, depending on the block. Does any of this sound right to you?

Check k-8 info and mb seat

The gentleman obviously has no clue what he's talking about. Goes to show yet again that just because a PAF personnel says it does not mean that it's true or even anywhere close to being true. If we understood this, half of the garbage in this forum would be eliminated.

Ohh, here it is

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...-in-shark-scheme-to-mimic-latest-russian-jets

Not fooling the AF but those civilians on ground who can be fooled

I couldn't find anything in the article about these paint schemes being used by the US to fool anyone. Could you quote the part that I missed please?

Last edited:
Yep and by that time when AC that is on defensive will wait for 2nd and third missile to be fired at.. Hilarious
The AC that is being fired upon will eventually escape if the fist missile is fired to get him into defensive.
Moreover, BVR missile is fired in its no escape zone which is stated to be between 50 to 70 km approx for different Modern BVR missiles. Firing beyond these ranges mean in literal terms nothing.
U really have no idea what you are talking about
NEZ are highly classified and I think you have not paid attention to what I have said in regards to BVR,I have no clue what i am talking about & you are absolutely right you got me you god damn brain surgeon.

Apart from what @Mirage Battle Commander has said, ACES II (the seat used in the F-22) is estimated to be around $250,000. The most expensive estimate for an ejection seat produced by Martin Baker that I found is $420,000. A more credible source puts them around $150,000. Given that, back in 2010, 6 K-8 cost Bolivia almost $10 million a piece, albeit with related support included, I'm sure you can see how stupid that assertion is.

For it to be true, the K-8 would have to cost at max $840,000 with more than $9 million in support per aircraft or the MK10 ejection seat would have to cost at least $5 million a piece. That could also make the ejection seat in the JF-17 more than 25% of its cost, depending on the block. Does any of this sound right to you?

The gentleman obviously has no clue what he's talking about. Goes to show yet again that just because a PAF personnel says it does not mean that it's true or even anywhere close to being true. If we understood this, half of the garbage in this forum would be eliminated.

I couldn't find anything in the article about these paint schemes being used by the US to fool anyone. Could you quote the part that I missed please?

So was I correct? now I am confused was my argument fallacious?

No brother...i just watch Youtube videos of DCS JF17 :)

It should have been 8 excluding 1 x helicopter...but PAF says 2 in 2 so..you cant fight state do you..wreckage & that its been 158 days....everything is closed.
How tall are you.

So was I correct?

Cent percent.

Pretty ridiculous on the K-8 instructor's part.

IMO If we manage to export a healthy numbers of JF-17 then we might see older blocks otherwise its development will become difficult due to lack of funds.

PAF's own requirements aren't going to be satiated any time soon. Our requirement is around 400 combat aircraft. With only 76 F-16 in hand and a large fleet of Mirages and F-7s that went past obsolescence ages ago, just a 150-162 JF-17s aren't going to cut it. We will have no other option in required numbers even if the world became perfect tomorrow.

Last edited:
Cent percent.

I watched it the day it aired (that's how I am) and Me and my boys just made the most awkward face of all time (just as bad as abhi shooting f-16 down face). You have a Canadian flag so maybe you know cf-188 and their ejection seat is around CAD 270k a piece.

Cent percent.

PAF's own requirements aren't going to be satiated any time soon. Our requirement is around 400 combat aircraft. With only 76 F-16 in hand and a large fleet of Mirages and F-7s that went past obsolescence ages ago, just a 150-162 JF-17s aren't going to cut it. We will have no other option in required numbers even if the world became perfect tomorrow.
PAF might push Mirages to 2035 but f7s even PGs will have trouble beyond 2025.
Clearly PAF needs 250 thunders not 188 by 2025..
If it wants to keep line open it can simply do a slow rate production between 2025-2030 for another 50 ac.

F16s arent coming. I hope PAF doesnt put its bet on it..its a very juicy proposition but US wont allow it unless US is desperate ..at this time its pakistan with falling economy and a ever closing european arms market

PAF might push Mirages to 2035 but f7s even PGs will have trouble beyond 2025.
Clearly PAF needs 250 thunders not 188 by 2025..
If it wants to keep line open it can simply do a slow rate production between 2025-2030 for another 50 ac.

F16s arent coming. I hope PAF doesnt put its bet on it..its a very juicy proposition but US wont allow it unless US is desperate ..at this time its pakistan with falling economy and a ever closing european arms market
It is not Feasible to interchange JF with all types flying we should keep in mind the jf-17 is jack off all trades and master of none (older f-16s) but know what Pakistan air force needs is to get 2 dedicated types of aircraft and this is needed ASAP like ASAP what needs to be done is to procure some dedicated attack/strike platform and a dedicated air superiority platform the best option on the table would be THE F-35(SEDUCE THE ORANGE MAN) BEST OPTION AND FOR STRIKE WE HAVE 2 OUTSTANDING PLATFORM FBC-1A Flying Leopard I & SU-34 WITH THESE 2 AIRCRAFT YOU CAN PUT TONES OF EXPLOSIVES/JAMMING/EW SENSORS & EVEN USE RAAD WITHOUT ANY MAJOR CHANGES (PAKISTAN HAS A LOT OF RAADS FOR SOME REASON). WE CAN DISCUSS MORE BUT UNFORTUNATELY OUR AIR FORCES EYES ARE FIXATED ON THE AZM PROJECT WHICH IS ALMOST 10 YEARS LATE AND ALLAH KNOWS WHEN WE WILL GET TO SEE THE FIRST PROTOTYPE. JF-17 WILL BE THE BACK BONE BUT WE NEED EYES(AIR SUPERIORITY), MOUTH(STRIKE) AND I THINK THE F-16 AS OUR (HANDS).

It is not Feasible to interchange JF with all types flying we should keep in mind the jf-17 is jack off all trades and master of none (older f-16s) but know what Pakistan air force needs is to get 2 dedicated types of aircraft and this is needed ASAP like ASAP what needs to be done is to procure some dedicated attack/strike platform and a dedicated air superiority platform the best option on the table would be THE F-35(SEDUCE THE ORANGE MAN) BEST OPTION AND FOR STRIKE WE HAVE 2 OUTSTANDING PLATFORM FBC-1A Flying Leopard I & SU-34 WITH THESE 2 AIRCRAFT YOU CAN PUT TONES OF EXPLOSIVES/JAMMING/EW SENSORS & EVEN USE RAAD WITHOUT ANY MAJOR CHANGES (PAKISTAN HAS A LOT OF RAADS FOR SOME REASON). WE CAN DISCUSS MORE BUT UNFORTUNATELY OUR AIR FORCES EYES ARE FIXATED ON THE AZM PROJECT WHICH IS ALMOST 10 YEARS LATE AND ALLAH KNOWS WHEN WE WILL GET TO SEE THE FIRST PROTOTYPE. JF-17 WILL BE THE BACK BONE BUT WE NEED EYES(AIR SUPERIORITY), MOUTH(STRIKE) AND I THINK THE F-16 AS OUR (HANDS).
Hell will turn cold rather then F-35 coming to Pakistan even if we pay full and in advance.

You have opened the unholy cradle after mentioning JH-7 , Mastan and denel will be looking for you

Either become one of the top economies which is looking for a 5th gen fighter and is not close to China or get ready to burn in conflict b/w Iran and US
F-35 is beast I have seen it, I thought it was crap foolish and not needed as raptors are enough(also seen the raptor) but when i saw that f-35 take of and the sheer roar and agility of the fighter and I said if any thing PAF needs the f-35 or something like it. I know it will be extremely hard to have sum f-35 as yank a doodle beer are bastards but i dont get one thing the lock heed company is a corporation mainly owned by State Street Corporation, Capital Group Companies, Vanguard group, BlackRock, corporations are given all the rights that humans have so why does pentagon have a welded rod up it waste disposal cavity. We have other options but F-35 MAH GAWD

You have opened the unholy cradle after mentioning JH-7 , Mastan and denel will be looking for you
It is way way way way way way better as a strike air craft it is the back bone of the PLAAF.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom