What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Two points

1 max weight classification for hardpoint 2 and 6 seems to be around 600 plus kg assuming ls-6 is 500 kg MK-83 class bomb plus tail and kit another 30-60 kg adding pylon attachment weight as well and round totaling ~ 600 kg

Same goes for paf REk which has pk83 ie 1000 lbs or 500 kg bombs plus kit and pylon

http://pakmr.blogspot.com/2011/06/jf-17-thunder-can-carry-ls-6-precision.html

Second RAad tail unit with width broader than fuselage will not interfere with landing gear as its past the landing for both mirage and jf but I think may be centerline option will not work for jf due to overall ground clearance But under wing on pylon 3 and 5 with max weight capacity of 1000 plus kg and RAAD exceeding that limit by few kg , RAAD is 1100kg, RAAd may be an option

I think as mirage fleet is not going anywhere soon and jf has cm-400 class weapons along with REK , integrating RAAD may not be high priority but again last launch rumor was that jf was the platform and not mirage

H2/h4 same story and are max 700-900 kg class weapons but being retired with mirage platform in South Africa will perhaps go same route with a version perhaps adopted for jf if required , REK exceeds its performance and Almost same range of h4

IMG_4931.JPG

Last edited:
Not correct. Variants exsist.
So to make it clear to idiots like me you are saying that H weapon like variants exist for JFT as well.
On another note do we have a fire and forget type SOW which can be used from the Thunder? I gather the Hweapons need to be guided through.
A

Variants exsist. What type of variants - is not for discussion but relies on guidance from external platforms.

So to make it clear to idiots like me you are saying that H weapon like variants exist for JFT as well.
On another note do we have a fire and forget type SOW which can be used from the Thunder? I gather the Hweapons need to be guided through.
A

IMG_4930.JPG

In air to ground role single drop tank with 800 litres plus internal 3000 litres ie 3800 total is most likely configuration if jf need to Carry serious load this too assuming ldp will have its dedicated pylon under Intake in block 3 or via buddy lasing

Last edited:
You donot need to carry on vent line it can be on wings Hp with >1000 kg payload any way h2/h4 are 90s era weapons and tech has evolved and smarter and lighter weapons with same destruction power are available such as cm-400akg, REK which had more or less same or better range and fire and forget type

Like South Africa h2/h4 will be retire with mirage system

Agreed. Where "buddy" Mirages had to cross the LOC to provide active guidance to the H-2/4s, the JF-17s released their Mk-83s and turned back.

are they standing at the same distance from camera?
These graphic comparisons might be misleading

Sir, apparently the pics are from varied distance

Don't need to be. Both the pictures have been scaled to match their known heights (4.9m for the Mirage and 5.1m for the JF-17); notice the white banner added at the top of the Mirage picture. Hence, they can be compared pixel to pixel (not withstanding any angular discrepancies).

A

The REK by GIDS (Takbir) is a fire and forget SOW.

Last edited:
Agreed. Where "buddy" Mirages had to cross the LOC to provide active guidance to the H-2/4s, the JF-17s released their Mk-83s and turned back.

Don't need to be. Both the pictures have been scaled to match their known heights (4.9m for the Mirage and 5.1m for the JF-17); notice the white banner added at the top of the Mirage picture. Hence, they can be compared pixel to pixel (not withstanding any angular discrepancies).

The REK by GIDS (Takbir) is a fire and forget SOW.
Yes that is correct in terms of H4; however you assume that targets are known when using Al-tariq or Umbani. To be able to switch targets once in flight or deviation is where H4 still stands out not to mention multi-mode capabilities.

Back
Top Bottom