What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

finally IRF installation starts
JF-17_229d.jpg

did anyone notice the payload it is carrying?

per program it is 229 not sure whats under the wings

Going through the video here, you can see from 2P18 to 2P28 on the assembly floor. I take it in the next month or so we should see 2P30 which will have IFR.

2P28 ( @7:24 )
2P28.JPG

2P27 ( @ 8:38 )
2P27.JPG

Hmmm ... IMO it looks more like a pod, some sort of EW or ECM pod or simply again the already seen camera pod.

FC-1 06 + camera pod.jpg

I have to agree Deino, as much as I have posted the above link, the KD-88H should be slightly larger in dia meter and also have the even larger wings

but then the question arises why would there be any weapon mounted on a plane still under assembly/testing?
I think this could be some kind of test equipment to test electronic communication between the cockpit and the weapon station

You have a point ...:enjoy::enjoy::enjoy: ... and I give up ... ... :undecided: :undecided: :undecided: ... ...

but then the question arises why would there be any weapon mounted on a plane still under assembly/testing?
I think this could be some kind of test equipment to test electronic communication between the cockpit and the weapon station

As explained that bird is not under assembly and the already completed 229 ... even if I really do not have a completely logical explanation why, two pods are IMO still more reasonable than an ATGW or a small AGM, especially since - at least IMO - it looks like that pod.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom