What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

img-e03a6144b4ae2bd0267cfd535717b8e5.jpg

I humbly disagree...
Kind of restricts or nullifies the potential of mid air refueling..
Block 3 if its anyway nearer to what's being speculated would be better off with an OBOG
Refueling was not just for loiter time but to top up the fuel burnt during take off with full load ... Do you know most of the fuel is consumed in taking off ? A three hours mission is more than enough and generally a pilot cannot take more stress than 3 hours ...

Your question is right is we want to attack far away but the problem is our enemy is right next door ... and our missions are not that long ...

When we say JF17 is specifically as per Paksitan's requirement then we meant it ... 3 hours are more than enough in India Pakistan scenario ....

Even if somehow the fuel and Oxygen can be made to last 24 hours, there is a limit as to how long a pilot can fly and fight effectively and RTB in one piece.
Not 24 hrs.. It isnt a commercial aitliner... But 4 hrs loitering... Patrol... Taking off from bolahari for sea and back.. And many more scenarios...
Point being the aircraft... The ones that have OBOG do not fly for 10 hrs or more.. The capability helps when needed

Not 24 hrs.. It isnt a commercial aitliner... But 4 hrs loitering... Patrol... Taking off from bolahari for sea and back.. And many more scenarios...
Point being the aircraft... The ones that have OBOG do not fly for 10 hrs or more.. The capability helps when needed
Why would we need 4 hours ?

Dear you need to understand cost benefit value of things.

Is there any info available when we can expect the first Nigerian JF-17 or are they already in production?

We all know the first Ruby airframe were known long before roll out, but here at least i remember nothing.

Is there any info available when we can expect the first Nigerian JF-17
Few excerpts of an article from Nigerian press dated Oct 18, 2018 (source)

THE Air Force More will soon take delivery of more combat platforms like A-29 Super Tucano and JF-17 Thunder Multi Role Fighter jets.

Chief of the Air Staff Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar said yesterday that platforms would tenable the Air Force to respond effectively to national security challenges.

Abubakar, who did not give details of the number of combat jets being expected, added that the new platforms would enhance the fight against Boko Haram terrorists and armed bandits.

Air Marshal Abubakar urged the officer to sustain the level of commitment to duty, noting that the young pilot was returning to the country at a time when the NAF, with support of the Federal Government, was about to receive additional combat platforms in the shape of the A-29 Super Tucano and JF-17 Thunder Multi-Role Fighter.

Few excerpts of an article from Nigerian press dated Oct 18, 2018 (source)

Thanks, but all these reports are very much vague and all ignore a definition of “how soon” ... since “soon” is quite a relative term.

Thanks, but all these reports are very much vague and all ignore a definition of “how soon” ... since “soon” is quite a relative term.
most probably before the end of first quarter of next year

What i am, u have no idea kid ... and good luck with using steel in nuclear reactor ...

Whatever you are talking about is just shit ... go to hell and keep having wet dreams
Did I hurt your feeling? As far as who you are, you have already exposed yourself enough for me to understand that basically you are a nobody.

Pakistan has 4 made nuclear reactors for weapon grade plutonium. 5th is under construction. Three of them are locally manufactured. Do you know where they are made and where the zirconium steel comes from?

Did I hurt your feeling? As far as who you are, you have already exposed yourself enough for me to understand that basically you are a nobody.

Pakistan has 4 made nuclear reactors for weapon grade plutonium. 5th is under construction. Three of them are locally manufactured. Do you know where they are made and where the zirconium steel comes from?

Just a gentle reminder, maybe this type of stuff should not be discussed on an open forum? Of course you know better what to share and what not to share...

I was under the impression that CAC/PAC had installed and tested OBOG for JF-17, is that not the case ?

If not mistaken, I think the infamous Metallurgist aka "fabulous nuclear scientist" has already published written work in regards to these reactors to highlight his achievements without which the Pak may not have any nukes, per him, so @Bossman is not writing anything that is not already well known to general populous never mind the certain intelligence agencies.

Refueling was not just for loiter time but to top up the fuel burnt during take off with full load ... Do you know most of the fuel is consumed in taking off ? A three hours mission is more than enough and generally a pilot cannot take more stress than 3 hours ...

Your question is right is we want to attack far away but the problem is our enemy is right next door ... and our missions are not that long ...

When we say JF17 is specifically as per Paksitan's requirement then we meant it ... 3 hours are more than enough in India Pakistan scenario ....

Hi,

Thanks for bringing that up---most readers don't understand the usage of fuel on takeoff---.

Decades ago---an aircraft could consume almost 50% of its fuel on a takeoff with a full load---. Modern engines---possible cut down to 25-35% usage of fuel on takeoff---.

I think the primary issue over here is the oxygen supply---which right now being served thru a bottle is the weaklink---.

Our enemy is next door close by---but also farther away as well--it depends on the geographic point that one can refer to---.

If the strike mission starts from Pasni/Gwadar from our side---then the enemy is farther away and multiple points of strike farther down the coastline of the enemy would play havoc with the enemy's defences and psyche---.

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for bringing that up---most readers don't understand the usage of fuel on takeoff---.

Decades ago---an aircraft could consume almost 50% of its fuel on a takeoff with a full load---. Modern engines---possible cut down to 25-35% usage of fuel on takeoff---.

I think the primary issue over here is the oxygen supply---which right now being served thru a bottle is the weaklink---.

Our enemy is next door close by---but also farther away as well--it depends on the geographic that one can refer to---.

If the strike mission starts from Pasni/Gwadar from our side---then the enemy is farther away and multiple points of strike farther down the coastline of the enemy would play havoc with the enemy's defences and psyche---.

It is simple physics.

When any body gains altitude, it has to spend energy gaining that potential energy.
In case of airplanes that comes from Fuel.
This is why commercial aircraft engines gain altitude asap and then maintain that.
This is why afterburners need be engaged .. and thus fuel dump.

As for oxygen, that is not a problem. There is plenty left in redundant systems.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom