What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

A fighter aircraft is a complete package just more oxygen does not do anything, with two external tanks the Thunder can only carry 4 A2A weapons, in an active air interdiction scenario how long will those missiles last? 10 minutes? 20 minutes? after they are gone all the extra oxygen and fuel is of no use.

Not 24 hrs.. It isnt a commercial aitliner... But 4 hrs loitering... Patrol... Taking off from bolahari for sea and back.. And many more scenarios...
Point being the aircraft... The ones that have OBOG do not fly for 10 hrs or more.. The capability helps when needed

A fighter aircraft is a complete package just more oxygen does not do anything, with two external tanks the Thunder can only carry 4 A2A weapons, in an active air interdiction scenario how long will those missiles last? 10 minutes? 20 minutes? after they are gone all the extra oxygen and fuel is of no use.

Son,

You keep writing these posts---. The oxygen and fuel they keep you in the arena---they keep you afloat---so that at the opportune moment---you take your shots and bug out.

The sniper waits for days just to take a single shot---. The moment the trigger is pressed to the time the bullet hits the target at 2 kilometers is roughly a 2 1/2 seconds---.

You kids speak so much---and still you do not have anything to say---.

Refueling was not just for loiter time but to top up the fuel burnt during take off with full load ... Do you know most of the fuel is consumed in taking off ? A three hours mission is more than enough and generally a pilot cannot take more stress than 3 hours ...

Your question is right is we want to attack far away but the problem is our enemy is right next door ... and our missions are not that long ...

When we say JF17 is specifically as per Paksitan's requirement then we meant it ... 3 hours are more than enough in India Pakistan scenario ....

Could you send xplain why 3 hours are more than enough please ? Many thanks.

Update : i read again your post and found the answer :D

Son? Seriously? Why do you have to address people in an arrogant and moronic way? I mean your post is already moronic enough.

There is no parallel between a fighter plane and a sniper, and please don't try to teach me about sniping. We are not living in the 2nd world war era. Once you are up in the air you are on the enemy radars just as they or on ours. There are no secret, hidden surprise take offs any more from any side. That is an established fact.

You don't just keep loitering in the air flying in ambush waiting for unaware enemy planes to show up to be sniped. You take off with a purpose, you get airborne either for an attack in the enemy territory or when you detect intruders from the other side. While its true that you only get one chance in sniping, its not true in air warfare, You don't lie in wait you see/lock first you shoot and you don't wait to see the fire works either you engage the others if you still have armament left or RTB for replenishment.

Hi,

Thanks for bringing that up---most readers don't understand the usage of fuel on takeoff---.

Decades ago---an aircraft could consume almost 50% of its fuel on a takeoff with a full load---. Modern engines---possible cut down to 25-35% usage of fuel on takeoff---.

I think the primary issue over here is the oxygen supply---which right now being served thru a bottle is the weaklink---.

Our enemy is next door close by---but also farther away as well--it depends on the geographic that one can refer to---.

If the strike mission starts from Pasni/Gwadar from our side---then the enemy is farther away and multiple points of strike farther down the coastline of the enemy would play havoc with the enemy's defences and psyche---.
Son,

You keep writing these posts---. The oxygen and fuel they keep you in the arena---they keep you afloat---so that at the opportune moment---you take your shots and bug out.

The sniper waits for days just to take a single shot---. The moment the trigger is pressed to the time the bullet hits the target at 2 kilometers is roughly a 2 1/2 seconds---.

You kids speak so much---and still you do not have anything to say---.

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for bringing that up---most readers don't understand the usage of fuel on takeoff---.

Decades ago---an aircraft could consume almost 50% of its fuel on a takeoff with a full load---. Modern engines---possible cut down to 25-35% usage of fuel on takeoff---.

I think the primary issue over here is the oxygen supply---which right now being served thru a bottle is the weaklink---.

Our enemy is next door close by---but also farther away as well--it depends on the geographic point that one can refer to---.

If the strike mission starts from Pasni/Gwadar from our side---then the enemy is farther away and multiple points of strike farther down the coastline of the enemy would play havoc with the enemy's defences and psyche---.
Agreed ... but let us remind that was never the thunder's job to strike deep inside enemy territory ... thunder job was as a highly modern but was still a support to our front tier fighter ... deep strike and critical missions were always planned to be done by f16s ... our real bottleneck is f16 ... we cant refuel them , we cant upgrade thwm ... we cant use them for maritime role ... thats a bull shit for a front line fighter ...

As a result now thunders job is much more demanding than it should have been ...

Did I hurt your feeling? As far as who you are, you have already exposed yourself enough for me to understand that basically you are a nobody.

Pakistan has 4 made nuclear reactors for weapon grade plutonium. 5th is under construction. Three of them are locally manufactured. Do you know where they are made and where the zirconium steel comes from?
What i am, i need not to tell to some rookie ... you thinks that reading from website is gonna make you some hotshot ...

Zicrconium alloy is not coming from people steel mill , period ..

Infact you are right , we have all the capabilities of making jet engines, and fighter aircraft on our own, but still somehow we have to import raw materials from china and even we are importing motor cycle engines ... but dray dreamers like you can imagine anything ...

Keep on dreaming kid ...

Could you send xplain why 3 hours are more than enough please ? Many thanks.

Update : i read again your post and found the answer :D
Sir, if I may. JF17 is not intended for deep enemy territory strikes rather a defensive fighter. Pakistan Geographically is not big enough 3 hrs is enough to conduct a mission and also refueling would increase the endurance if need be. More concern should be made is number of missiles even for payload of 4000 kg 4 missiles configuration seems illogically at least 2 wvr and 4 bvr should be installed in each jf17 and oxygen generator too so that if in case of war it can last longer in air patrols.

Sir, if I may. JF17 is not intended for deep enemy territory strikes rather a defensive fighter. Pakistan Geographically is not big enough 3 hrs is enough to conduct a mission and also refueling would increase the endurance if need be. More concern should be made is number of missiles even for payload of 4000 kg 4 missiles configuration seems illogically at least 2 wvr and 4 bvr should be installed in each jf17 and oxygen generator too so that if in case of war it can last longer in air patrols.
Hi my friend just a Q from you I hope you don’t mind in modern day fights with two each kind of missiles carrying aircraft how much time you need to be stationed in the air either you fire and take out your opponent or you got yourself fire out
So in both cases 3 hours is enough time in air beside once you are finished with your firepower around your waist it’s better to run back asap reload and get going again if you are a survivor
Your input will be appreciated
Thank you

Relax, its just the PDF version of this

Sir this thread is full of informative stuff , we have hear his point discussed it and move forward, but for some reason he is keep repeating old things again and again , not just disrespecting the entire PAF, but Pakistani's in general . I think that its not fair to let him insult PAF and Pakistani's .

Sir this thread is full of informative stuff , we have hear his point discussed it and move forward, but for some reason he is keep repeating old things again and again , not just disrespecting the entire PAF, but Pakistani's in general . I think that its not fair to let him insult PAF and Pakistani's .

Hi,

You are on my ignore list---so I don't see your posts ( I think you are the only member on this board on my ignore list )---as they are not worth it---but someone directed me to this post---.

Rules of combat are unlike Cellular phones----the rules of battle engagement do not change---.

Seems something happening with Azerbaijan.

Screenshot_20181023-215609_Chrome.jpg

We have'nt reached here because these people {& some retards call them 'pakis'} are like that!! There is a long history to it. People are a just a reflection of their leaders. Ayub Khan had inbred hatred against Pk politicians & he openly humiliated Pakistani as not capable to elect the right leaders. This is on record. He was creator of EBDO & PRODA. He as CMLA used the most derogatory & most disrespectful language against Muhtarma FATIMA JINNAH calling her flirtatious, bharti agent, national shame &........ in the bogus elections of 65. This was our COAS.

Nations are developed and groomed by their leaders. We have transformed in the ways of our leaders. So @Oscar @MastanKhan dont blame Pakistanis for it. In turbine shaft engineering we say, If there is a way into trouble, there is a way out.

Relax, its just the PDF version of this

Last edited:
Hi,

You are on my ignore list---so I don't see your posts ( I think you are the only member on this board on my ignore list )---as they are not worth it---but someone directed me to this post---.

Rules of combat are unlike Cellular phones----the rules of battle engagement do not change---.

Of course i am in your Ignore list ... and i am pretty sure you are on mine too , but every time click on " show Hidden posts " hoping that maybe someday you will not post the same old Stuff which you are doing for years , i get it wrong , here most of the members discuss Technical details of JF-17 thunder which you clearly have no idea about .. you are stuck with PAF bashing and Pakistan bashing and i keep reporting your stupid and insulting posts .

If there is a way into trouble, there is a way out.

And i am pretty sure we are on path to way out ... it wont change over time but we are at least taking steps to towards a better future ..this Old man ( not talking about Oscar ) has a habit of insulting Pakistani's for various which exists everywhere .. even in the country he is living in, and I can share a very recent experience with you which is a bit off topic but just to show that lazy and stupid people are everywhere ..

So I am currently in process of immigrating to US through a CR-1 ( spouse Visa ) , on step 4 which was about Affidavit of support form i got stuck and i even ask help from the PDF members, so after a long wait I finally decide to call the USICS, State dept and finally NVC .. now if you are familiar with Pakistani govt officers who are sitting on positions but know jack S about anything , the person i called USICS told me he doesn't know about the income Calculating process , same response from State dept , and after when i Call NVC the guy told me first that , that Income calculation were done without deducting TAX , but in fact it was the other way around . If fact the guy on National Visa Center , has no clue about it , and he keep saying " Goodbye " have a great day while i am still asking question . Good and bad people are everywhere including in Govt or semi govt positions , but we cant just insult the entire country for that , or for some Corrupt General , ACM , or Admirals .
There are tons of things which i learn about Canada and America where treated even worse than how they are treated in Pakistan , but i would still not use disrespectful language against a whole country or Generalize them like the old man do .

and Last, my point is that this is Thread about JF thunder , so let it at that , every PAF related thread this Old man invade and start his trolling over PAF corruption , JH-7 Bomber etc .. seriously this is just too annoying

Last edited:
Of course i am in your Ignore list ... and i am pretty sure you are on mine too , but every time click on " show Hidden posts " hoping that maybe someday you will not post the same old Stuff which you are doing for years , i get it wrong , here most of the members discuss Technical details of JF-17 thunder which you clearly have no idea about .. you are stuck with PAF bashing and Pakistan bashing and i keep reporting your stupid and insulting posts .

And i am pretty sure we are on path to way out ... it wont change over time but we are at least taking steps to towards a better future ..this Old man ( not talking about Oscar ) has a habit of insulting Pakistani's for various which exists everywhere .. even in the country he is living in, and I can share a very recent experience with you which is a bit off topic but just to show that lazy and stupid people are everywhere ..

So I am currently in process of immigrating to US through a CR-1 ( spouse Visa ) , on step 4 which was about Affidavit of support form i got stuck and i even ask help from the PDF members, so after a long wait I finally decide to call the USICS, State dept and finally NVC .. now if you are familiar with Pakistani govt officers who are sitting on positions but know jack S about anything , the person i called USICS told me he doesn't know about the income Calculating process , same response from State dept , and after when i Call NVC the guy told me first that , that Income calculation were done without deducting TAX , but in fact it was the other way around . If fact the guy on National Visa Center , has no clue about it , and he keep saying " Goodbye " have a great day while i am still asking question . Good and bad people are everywhere including in Govt or semi govt positions , but we cant just insult the entire country for that , or for some Corrupt General , ACM , or Admirals .
There are tons of things which i learn about Canada and America where treated even worse than how they are treated in Pakistan , but i would still not use disrespectful language against a whole country or Generalize them like the old man do .

and Last, my point is that this is Thread about JF thunder , so let it at that , every PAF related thread this Old man invade and start his trolling over PAF corruption , JH-7 Bomber etc .. seriously this is just too annoying
I think major problem here is blunt disregard for reasoning and corruption..we don't see any scandles on how bluntly corruption has been doon, as IK says it's more like mafia

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom