What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

I think major problem here is blunt disregard for reasoning and corruption..we don't see any scandles on how bluntly corruption has been doon, as IK says it's more like mafia

Khoon Phir Khoon hai Tapkay ga tu Sookh jaye ga
Zulum phir Zulum hai , Bharta hai tu Mit jata hai

Sir, if I may. JF17 is not intended for deep enemy territory strikes rather a defensive fighter. Pakistan Geographically is not big enough 3 hrs is enough to conduct a mission and also refueling would increase the endurance if need be. More concern should be made is number of missiles even for payload of 4000 kg 4 missiles configuration seems illogically at least 2 wvr and 4 bvr should be installed in each jf17 and oxygen generator too so that if in case of war it can last longer in air patrols.

When jf was Introduced paf provided news bit claiming first time its strike range has increased to more than 600 miles ie it can go 600 miles deep and come back so this notion of not having deep strike is based on ...... ?

Also when jf was introduce in no 2 sqn with c-803akg paf news item claimed strike range increases due to jf compared to mirages

So not sure where is this info coming from

Any way everyone has their own opinion

My visit to .... and briefing at ....

Jf with turbofan engine it’s range is far better then mirages and leaves f-7 by miles

Cheers

and Last, my point is that this is Thread about JF thunder , so let it at that , every PAF related thread this Old man invade and start his trolling over PAF corruption , JH-7 Bomber etc .. seriously this is just too annoying
7101AE2F-F299-4EBB-846A-39B35C444145.jpeg

Guess who was what sort of person

We have'nt reached because these people {& some retards call them 'pakis'} are like that!! There is a long history to it. People are a just a reflection of their leaders. Ayub Khan had inbred hatred against Pk politicians & he openly humiliated Pakistani as not capable to elect the right leaders. This is on record. He was creator of EBDO & PRODA. He as CMLA used the most derogatory & most disrespectful language against Muhtarma FATIMA JINNAH calling her flirtatious, bharti agent, national shame &........ in the bogus elections of 65. This was our COAS.

Nations are developed and groomed by their leaders. We have transformed in the ways of our leaders. So @Oscar @MastanKhan dont blame Pakistanis for it. In turbine shaft engineering we say, If there is a way into trouble, there is a way out.
Nations only get leaders as good as their people, leadership happens from the best of the people.

Hi my friend just a Q from you I hope you don’t mind in modern day fights with two each kind of missiles carrying aircraft how much time you need to be stationed in the air either you fire and take out your opponent or you got yourself fire out
So in both cases 3 hours is enough time in air beside once you are finished with your firepower around your waist it’s better to run back asap reload and get going again if you are a survivor
Your input will be appreciated
Thank you
When guarding we dont know if enemy will come under 3 hr frame or more Refuelling capabilities and long endurance could be the key.

Agreed ... but let us remind that was never the thunder's job to strike deep inside enemy territory ... thunder job was as a highly modern but was still a support to our front tier fighter ... deep strike and critical missions were always planned to be done by f16s ... our real bottleneck is f16 ... we cant refuel them , we cant upgrade thwm ... we cant use them for maritime role ... thats a bull shit for a front line fighter ...

As a result now thunders job is much more demanding than it should have been ...

What i am, i need not to tell to some rookie ... you thinks that reading from website is gonna make you some hotshot ...

Zicrconium alloy is not coming from people steel mill , period ..

Infact you are right , we have all the capabilities of making jet engines, and fighter aircraft on our own, but still somehow we have to import raw materials from china and even we are importing motor cycle engines ... but dray dreamers like you can imagine anything ...

Keep on dreaming kid ...

Hi,

The thing is that regardless if it was the THUNDER's job or not---it has become THUNDER's job---.

It was obvious from day one that the JF17 was not the first tier fighter needed by Pakistan for its defences---even though it is a great aircraft on its own merits---.

Sure the enemy will come for a 6 hour time frame and we will let them fly for that long without engaging them and shove all our missiles up our own asses.

When guarding we dont know if enemy will come under 3 hr frame or more Refuelling capabilities and long endurance could be the key.

Hi,

The thing is that regardless if it was the THUNDER's job or not---it has become THUNDER's job---.

It was obvious from day one that the JF17 was not the first tier fighter needed by Pakistan for its defences---even though it is a great aircraft on its own merits---.
What happened in the past happened whether due to incompetence or limited resources or lack of experience or any combination of these factors among many more. The point is JF17 is here...the very first step that Pakistan took at having its own fighter jet. There are lessons to be learned even in failures(not calling JF17 a failure...but any shortcomings can also serve as a lesson for the future).

What we can do now is look to the future...about how JF17 can be improved to fulfill more and more needs(in later blocks) or if it's simply not feasible then project Azm can take that up. There's no time machine through which we can fix the past mistakes/circumstances...so instead of members here arguing/bashing each other over that...let's move on and discuss something constructive.

The picture posted is of a JF17 that was overhauled...so it's probably among the oldest of builds. The B models are rather new and wouldn't need overhaul yet.
Ok! There was no caption on the picture by OP so I was curious! :blink::blink::blink:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom