What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

If I say JF17III can kill Rafale with PL15, don't take it with a pinch of salt.

The air superiority of IAF will come to an end.

http://video.sina.cn/mil/2017-10-10/detail-ifymrqmq3345167.d.html

Although I don't understand what they talk about in the interview, I just simply lovin it.

Can anyone please help to translate what mainly they are talking about?

If I say JF17III can kill Rafale with PL15, don't take it with a pinch of salt.

The air superiority of IAF will come to an end.

http://video.sina.cn/mil/2017-10-10/detail-ifymrqmq3345167.d.html

Although I don't understand what they talk about in the interview, I just simply lovin it.

Can anyone please help to translate what mainly they are talking about?
Pak TV Channel BOL tv Anchor visiting JF-17 Assembly line they are talking about JF-17 is belong to 3.5 Gen. it have BVR capable and its avionics and weapon system Harness are localy producing and aviation related industries are rising in country and PAF is world only Airforce producing its own fighter jets and PAF is working for 5th gen local design fighter aircraft.

KLJ7A radar has 200+ KM range in reality other than 170KM introduced in the marketing brochure , when it was recently tested in a shooting Range within China.

When a radar's performing range is 18% more than its design objective, it's a successful product.

I can't wait to see Block three.

What does the brochure say 170km for fighter sized targets ?

If so for bigger aircraft like a AWACS way beyond 200km should not be a issue

But personally I think the 200+km Mark is not beyond the question for Block III on a fighter sized targets

But let’s not get too carried away, no one will be engaging at those ranges

ASEA also has many other advantages on jamming, detection and communication

But let’s not get too carried away, no one will be engaging at those ranges
Long range detection advantage is exactly engaging in an encounter as early as possible. This is why we have early warning systems, or perhaps you meant something else, when you used the word 'engaging'.

I beg to differ from ur opinion hope u understand it. If JF17 gets engine having capabilities equal to F16 OR J10 the single engine shall suffice. Simple answer no smilies used like u
then please give me a reasons why you think JF-17B is less agile with RD-93 @CHI RULES , i am just giving you an examples that, F16 and J-10 dual seater have no issue with same engine,so there is no issue for JF-17B's agility with RD-93 @CHI RULES and what is talking about to fit JF-17B with P&W 220/220E or WS10 then we need to resigned whole rear fuselage @CHI RULES its a way long project @CHI RULES :crazy::hitwall:

Makkah is no fly zoon. Just helicopters fly during Hajj days.
you gives your answer
only in Hajj days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Share the link to the news here?

Adding more to that, i heard that both radars are produced by the same design team. During trials, both radars performed better than expected.

Might also interest you to know that the J-10C's AESA is essentially a downgraded variant of the one on the J-20. All three systems are products of NRIET or the 14th Institute.

Might also interest you to know that the J-10C's AESA is essentially a downgraded variant of the one on the J-20. All three systems are products of NRIET or the 14th Institute.
Yes, it's the fruit of J20 technology tree.

Are the green panels used in the JF-17 composite materials:
(because I heard that block 2 has 8% composite materials and B has 30 to 40 %)
jf-17b-jf-17.jpg
Green panels indicate fuel sections, note that fuel has been shifted in JF-17B's tail and LERX which has enhanced the aircraft's range. About composites, JF-17B's whole vertical and horizontal tail is composite as well as the Leading edge comprises of composite material

Green panels indicate fuel sections, note that fuel has been shifted in JF-17B's tail and LERX which has enhanced the aircraft's range. About composites, JF-17B's whole vertical and horizontal tail is composite as well as the Leading edge comprises of composite material
Oh nice, so there is an increased use of composites.

No. It's just another material but not related to fuel cells.

To keep the cost down Jf17 A has pretty much standard Aluminized alloys as used since as you start incorporating composites the cost of construction starts to increase ,Jf17 underbelly and wing uses some composites to strengthen certain parts , the philosophy of JF17 program was cost effective platform , Now Coming to the JF17B in order to accommodate extra load in term of pilot and systems and to further strengthen the structure Composites were must , Frankly who gives a (uC# of generation specially 4/4++ and specially incase of composites or not . It is decent platform and it can fire deadly blow in the belly of snake

To keep the cost down Jf17 A has pretty much standard Aluminized alloys as used since as you start incorporating composites the cost of construction starts to increase ,Jf17 underbelly and wing uses some composites to strengthen certain parts , the philosophy of JF17 program was cost effective platform , Now Coming to the JF17B in order to accommodate extra load in term of pilot and systems and to further strengthen the structure Composites were must , Frankly who gives a (uC# of generation specially 4/4++ and specially incase of composites or not . It is decent platform and it can fire deadly blow in the belly of snake
Yes but increased composites would mean more carrying capacity i.e more BVRs to take out the Indian flankers. We do not deny the current capabilities of the Thunder, we just want to improve it.

Yes but increased composites would mean more carrying capacity i.e more BVRs to take out the Indian flankers. We do not deny the current capabilities of the Thunder, we just want to improve it.
Good thoughts ,at the end of the day balance is needed between cost and performance ,also just to share different composites and materials have different physical characteristics means that composites parts being performance oriented need more frequent replacement / mantainenance then normal alloy thats mean more time in hanger ,SU 30 MKI is a sad story example of that ,Even F22/F35 are put into climate control environments before flying . So in the end whole doctrine is based on this

Back
Top Bottom