What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Hi,

The size of the fuselage matters a lot---the size and design of the wing matters a lot as well---.

That is what the inherent problem of the JF17 is---. Its size is 25% too small---.
Yes true and one more design constraint is very low ground clearance during take off and landing which makes it little difficult for future weapons such as RAAD or ALCM

DbPLmNeW4AEmXKe.jpg:large

Dbixia7WsAIus6k.jpg:large

Yes true and one more design constraint is very low ground clearance during take off and landing which makes it little difficult for future weapons such as RAAD or ALCM

Hi,

Awhile ago---someone gave the example of the F16 as well---that it was sitting low as well---.

When the F16 was designed---large alcm's were not launched from such small aircraft---so F16 also had that design flaw---.

Interesting point ,But F16 were never envisioned to carry one as rightly mentioned how ever JF17 which had a design and philosophy of replacing all older PAF fighters specially Mirages which are dedicated strike platform ,lets see what re designing will be done to launch one when and if the role is given to thunder
Hi,

Awhile ago---someone gave the example of the F16 as well---that it was sitting low as well---.

When the F16 was designed---large alcm's were not launched from such small aircraft---so F16 also had that design flaw---.

Interesting point ,But F16 were never envisioned to carry one as rightly mentioned how ever JF17 which had a design and philosophy of replacing all older PAF fighters specially Mirages which are dedicated strike platform ,lets see what re designing will be done to launch one when and if the role is given to thunder

Jf now carries more war load and goes farther than mirages and f-7

No comparison

Hi,

The size of the fuselage matters a lot---the size and design of the wing matters a lot as well---.

That is what the inherent problem of the JF17 is---. Its size is 25% too small---.
It was suppose to be a LIGHT WEIGHT fighter from the beginning. PAF would've gone for more F16s or J10 if it needed a bigger fighter.

there is no difference between C802 and ALCM..whether RAAD can be carried or not is not known but there shouldn't be any problem under the wing

there is no fault in jf-17 design as cheap effective light weight fighter..i think may be the lack of pod hard point(like tejas) could be argued as deficiency

those who pitch that it needed to be 25% bigger need to understand that it would also need 25% bigger engine and perhaps 25% increase price tag, both of which were out of reach when it was envisioned in 1990s

4000 KG, not 4000 pounds. JF17 has max carrying capacity of 800kg more.

Jf Max warlord is 4300 kg plus
Plus turbofan vs turbo jet no comparison

Plus precision capability means there is no need to carry such load you can take out target on first attempt rather than launching 8-10 dumb bombs 2-4 precision bomb will do the work

Lastly jf can carry mk84/GBS 10 or 900-1000 kg laser bomb mirage does not

The only exception was raad which per latest 23 March is now option on all paf platforms

But mirages are not going away at least next 5-7 years needed to replace remaining 6 mirage sqn and not counting 3 pg sqn which may go first

Mirages fuselage has 8000 hours life vs f-7pg which has max 26-2800 hours life

Last edited:
there is no difference between C802 and ALCM..whether RAAD can be carried or not is not known but there shouldn't be any problem under the wing

there is no fault in jf-17 design as cheap effective light weight fighter..i think may be the lack of pod hard point(like tejas) could be argued as deficiency

those who pitch that it needed to be 25% bigger need to understand that it would also need 25% bigger engine and perhaps 25% increase price tag, both of which were out of reach when it was envisioned in 1990s

Hi,

Build the courage to speak straight with confidence with reasoning and with conviction---.

Anything cheap is a piece of -sh-it---it is worthless---if it is cheap---it will act cheap when it is needed the most---and when you ask it the question---" why did you fail in my hour of need "---cheap would reply---" because I was cheap---did you not know that already what I was---what else did you expect from me---you built me---you made me cheap---so if I failed---screw yourself and not me ".

Cheap and effective for what---since when has a cheap weapon---lesser in number been successful over an expensive weapon in a major modern day conflict---.

A 25% larger size would have enabled the aircraft to have IRST and other pods / modules mounted permanently on the aircraft---a full time oxygen regenerating system as well and more load carrying capacity---.

Son---learn to ask for more---learn to ask for better---.

Hi,

Build the courage to speak straight with confidence with reasoning and with conviction---.

Anything cheap is a piece of -sh-it---it is worthless---if it is cheap---it will act cheap when it is needed the most---and when you ask it the question---" why did you fail in my hour of need "---cheap would reply---" because I was cheap---did you not know that already what I was---what else did you expect from me---you built me---you made me cheap---so if I failed---screw yourself and not me ".

Cheap and effective for what---since when has a cheap weapon---lesser in number been successful over an expensive weapon in a major modern day conflict---.

A 25% larger size would have enabled the aircraft to have IRST and other pods / modules mounted permanently on the aircraft---a full time oxygen regenerating system as well and more load carrying capacity---.

Son---learn to ask for more---learn to ask for better---.
sir aap kay mou mein ghee shakar

without an engine no plane will work and there was no engine apart from rd 33 in 80-100kn range

sir aap kay mou mein ghee shakar

without an engine no plane will work and there was no engine apart from rd 33 in 80-100kn range

Hi,

It did not stop china from developing the J20 even though the engine for that aircraft was not ready---. So they decided to go ahead with the weaker engine and work on the other stuff---the EW suite---the pilot flying and training---air combat and strike missions and everything else that they could do---.

Now they are getting close to the stage where the engine when it gets ready would be an easy swap---and the chinese saved a ton of time---.

It was suppose to be a LIGHT WEIGHT fighter from the beginning. PAF would've gone for more F16s or J10 if it needed a bigger fighter.

Hi,

The Paf did not recognize the need for fitting the aircraft with all the modern day electronic gadgets inside of the aircraft in the begining---.

They were so ineffective in their design considerations that they did not even make room to install the IRST on the main frame---and that was a very basic thing at that time---.

Now they are finding out that they fckd up good---they are realizing that a 25% larger JF17 would have given them a FORCE MULTIPLIER EFFECT of almost 1.5 to 1.75---.

Back
Top Bottom