What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

CM-400AKG

This supersonic standoff missile was first on display at the 2012 Zhuhai Airshow as part of FC-1/JF-17's "complete" weapon package. Unlike most modern ASMs flying at the low altitude, the missile flies a rare high ballistic trajectory, powered by a solid rocket motor. It appears that CM-400AKGmay have evolved from the earlier SY-400 SRBM. Therefore the effectiveness of such attack profile is still unknown. Some specifications: weight 900kg, max range 240km, max speed Mach 5.5 (at diving stage?). It has INS during the mid-course and utilizes active radar/passive radar/IIR seeker with target-recognition capabilities at the terminal stage, which may improve its accuracy. The missile is claimed to be capable of terminal maneuver of some degree to avoid interception by SAMs. CM-400AKG is speculated to have been designed to attack fixed or "slow moving", high value ground targets. Up to two CM-400AKGs can be carried by an FC-1/JF-17. A small yellow dorsal antenna was installed probably to provide the datalink between the missile and the aircraft. It has yet to seeif CM-400AGK will enter the service with PAF. The latest image (July 2016) suggested that the program is still making progresswith JF-17 seen undergoing more weapon integration tests.
- Last Updated 7/10/16
JF-17_CM-400AKG.jpg

Amazing how this little bird has evolved in such a short time. From point defence to truly a multirole platform.

How much more packages can it carry? Sea, air and land all covered.

Since you make it yourself and salaries are paid in your local currency... you can keep churning and improving it.. ad infinitrum. Can you imagine the human resource development in aviation that it has bestowed upon PAC?

Keep building and improving. Make war impossible in your neighbourhood.

Amazing how this little bird has evolved in such a short time. From point defence to truly a multirole platform.

How much more packages can it carry? Sea, air and land all covered.

Since you make it yourself and salaries are paid in your local currency... you can keep churning and improving it.. ad infinitrum. Can you imagine the human resource development in aviation that it has bestowed upon PAC?

Keep building and improving. Make war impossible in your neighbourhood.
You will leave the neighbor but neighbor will not leave you be care please.

Not that I've done any analysis but I suspect they are going to mount it on a hard point. I say this because I've seen a lot of discussion on how there aren't many good places to mount a chin mounted pod and the general jf17 philosophy of keeping things simple and cheap.

EDIT:
Can be done I suppose:
View attachment 316810
well @S.U.R.B. there you have it can be done and as sven has shown above (#405) you can have your belly drop tank along with the pod and many many more.

You will leave the neighbor but neighbor will not leave you be care please.

Your absolutely right. The burden and pressure from east has caused your nation in development dearly. But you are still standing and actually developing not matter how slowly.

Just accept the fact that this senseless pressure is not going to go away any time soon. Develop rational strength in capability to make war impossible from both eastern and western neighbours. Only then you will be able to break free and develop to your true potential. Your economy can become bigger than Germany in numbers, perhaps not quality.

Keep rational development going...

why not an F-16 style "flat" centerline tank?

110224-F-4218S-175.jpg

Make it wider, make it shorter, it'll add space under the JF-17 that could help accommodate other stores like a pod of some kind.

because
The underside of the JF-17 is different from the F-16,

this is the total width available under center-line hard point anything wider will obstruct landing gear ....

JF17-Thunder 90.jpg
JF-17-Thunder (er-1.).jpg
4807676867_6654459f8b_b (er).jpg

Last edited:
because

this is the total width available under center-line hard point anything wider will obstruct landing gear ....

View attachment 316887
View attachment 316888

Thanks! The engineers at PAC and CAC have already worked out where pods are going to be. We just have to wait.

Patience is difficult. But this bird is going to surprise once again.

Good luck!

I was under the impression that the designated hardpoint for Aselpod would be chin mounted. I think it is possible. Regarding the picture of JFT withCK400 series ASM I dont think the area in question is being designated as a POD site as the Centre line tank gets hung there. As mentioned for testing purpose it can be that certain instruments have been hung there.
A

Listen dont you worry your pretty little head about it, let the countries who sell jets worry about the details

1- JF17 is very adaptable and can carry a variety of weapons from across the world, so final price depends on the specs the customer requires

Personally Nigeria seems to the first country in line to receive the jets, if the specs are different to what the jet Myanmar requires then so will price

2- who cares, if the RSS speaks out against muslims will indis drop relations with iran or Saudi or Bangladesh?

3- Not everything follows the certification protocols of india, the fact that Pakistan is slmost towards inducting 100 jets and already a few countries have purchased or are on the hook should be sufficient evidence of the jets combat readiness

4- someone elses task

Which countries have purchased, or are on the hook? Nice expressions, btw.

Indians try to learn but from fellow Indians.. and they end up getting more Indians than they originally were.

May I respectfully point out that I habitually cite Pakistani sources wherever possible, on Pakistan-related issues? and neutral or canonical works on historical issues? Your comment is somewhat broad-brushed, and if you look carefully, could apply equally well to people of all nations - if one might say so with the utmost sensibility of feeling.

This guy is no enthusiast, he is a pro (indian military intelligence) looking for sensitive info

Please do not be ridiculous.

AND WE ARE SAYING THAT THERE ARE 3 OPERATIONAL AND FUNCTIONING SQUADRONS WITH A FOURTH COMING ON LINE SOON. NOW LOOK AT THE STUPIDITY OF WHAT YOU ARE ASKING. Please desist from this stupidity and rant or your tushy is toast

Silly question for you: why would you toast a tushy?

well @S.U.R.B. there you have it can be done and as sven has shown above (#405) you can have your belly drop tank along with the pod and many many more.

I did not say that JF-17 can't have a pod.I said, it can not be done on the point in question in that picture.

View attachment 316715

Few options are:
1-Using a hard point that already exits on the AC.
2-An alternate spot can be opposite to the cannon giving the AC a balanced profile.
3-Or the Chin pod which seems like is the best they can do if that target is met but, it demands a lot of innovation.Seems like a future version of JF-17 may have that arrangement.

I did not say that JF-17 can't have a pod.I said, it can not be done on the point in question in that picture.

View attachment 316715

Few options are:
1-Using a hard point that already exits on the AC.
2-An alternate spot can be opposite to the cannon giving the AC a balanced profile.
3-Or the Chin pod which seems like is the best they can do if that target is met but, it demands a lot of innovation.Seems like a future version of JF-17 may have that arrangement.
opposite side of the cannon avove the wings? uyou do know its going to look down to target rats right? not look up. i stand by what i said again its going under the left chin

opposite side of the cannon avove the wings? uyou do know its going to look down to target rats right? not look up. i stand by what i said again its going under the left chin

I'll like to post an image to make my point clear.

Like that \/\/\/

images

There were some speculations in past regarding the usage of composite material around the undercarriage area & center-line hard point of JF-17 (229) as highlighted in the pic below that these areas are strengthen & possibly addition of two new stations, though at that time the idea was rejected on the basis that these areas are not suitable for additional hard point because of spatial constrain

221723j0hlbybcpyqs2ccw (er-1).jpg

Now I want to bring one more interesting fact into noticed which most of us either have not noticed earlier or might have forget that these patches of composite are is in use since PT-1

PT- 01
jf17_air.jpg

PT-04
FC-1_04_13 (1).jpg

2P-02
gqFz6Is..11.jpg

Back
Top Bottom