What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

I completely agree with you. For block 3 air to air weapons package will be different(for BVR combat PL-15 and for WVR combat PL-10 or A-darter, new radar, new engine because engine is the main thing which is holding JF-17 back and block 3 would definitely require some structural modification and it is only possible with a better engine. That leaves EW suite, I think either we should go for the best EW suite that Chinese can offer us or we should go for Selex ES.
@Quwa @Bilal Khan 777

PL-15 is years away from being operationalized. It took 5 years of development cycle for Pl-10. PL-15 is a new kid on the block. Wait for upto 2019-2020 for it to become operationalize

Do forgive the simplistic view. Have read/studied this forum for years. Took some courage to post simplistic views.

Somehow, kind souls forget what a monumental achievement this little bird is for a country that has somehow defied powers that be and still kinda exists. Simply amazing feat...

Compared to what the PAF had and what JF has done for them... this is a great achievement, very rare thing to celebrate.

JF is the mother of all the fighters and rest of aviation products that will come from PAC.

From crawling to standing to walking and now a gentle run... this programme is the very essence of independence for PAF.

Only better things can be built upon this.

Wish kind people see this through this paradigm. Might be old and silly, but wish you all the very best.

Never belittle this little bird. See in it the genesis of great eagles...certainly never compare to your kind eastern neighbour. Different context different ball game.

There is talent on this forum...some brovado and much youthful boasts... totally understandable..

However, for serious discussion wouldn't it be wise that criteria be made for those who can truly challenge and push things/thinkinig forward in rational manner? Rest of the threads be left for usual Íam bigger than' youth.

Wish you all the very best. If any offence is caused, do forgive.

Hi,

It is all in the wording---you have put the explanation in such simple language that it is amazing.

Wrong post

Pshamim saheb has not posted for quite sometime. I know he has health issues and an eyesight which is getting weaker.May Allah keep him in good health.Ameen.
A

Last edited:
Hi,

It is all in the wording---you have put the explanation in such simple language that it is amazing.

Mr. MK, ultra kind of you to assess it this way. Have always enjoyed your posts.

Provocotive, challenging and entertaining, but with underlying theme of pushing/wanting to see your countrymen achiving great things. Keep going, kind sir!

My bad yes, I mixed up Munir Sahab (May Allah bless his soul) with P shamim Shahab (May Allah grant him good health).. Can you please my quoted comment, I have deleted mine.

are you talking about munir saheb?

Sorry to hear Munir Sahib passed away.
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un.

jf-17-cm-400akg-asm-10-7-16-jpg.316628

A new antenna added on tail of a possible export variant of JF-17

jf-17-cm-400akg-asm-10-7-16-jpg.316628

A new antenna added on tail of a possible export variant of JF-17

Possibly we are looking at first export variant of JF-17 ... as

- Its not from any of the PT
- Colour Scheme is different form the JF-17s operational in PAF
- Antenna arrangements at Vertical tail appear somewhat similar to PT-06
- An unusual/unidentified object at the central line fuselage

JF-17 + CM-400AKG ASM - 10.7.16 (e-1.0).jpg

BTW one member form Myanmar posted this
hi..
today ,I heard Myanmar recieved its first batch of JF-17..

can't comment about the credibility ...

Most probably it's the camera/sensors to capture the launch and it shows that the aircraft is undergoing through a process of new weapon system integration i-e a CM-400AKG in this case.

quite possible ....

but as per Khalid Mehmood CM-400 is already tested & integrated with JF-17 ...

quite possible ....

but as per Khalid Mehmood CM-400 is already tested & integrated with JF-17 ...

Certainly, yup.Presenting the weapon at the airshow along with the AC was an indication.But the images captured in China do not get to be released that quickly so, it could be an old one getting released at a suitable time.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom