What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well TBH the trend is to go smart even intelligent/autonomous, from SDBs to gigantic bunker busters. But aircraft payloads are not going down, it's going progressively up. For instance, our light JFT has almost same payload of B-57 of the yester years and now a rafale or eurofighter can haul massive 9 tons of ordinance.

Yes, but the Rafale and Eurofighter also weigh more and cost around 4 JFTs.

Yes, but the Rafale and Eurofighter also weigh more and cost around 4 JFTs.

Agreed but we are not planning to induct 4X JFT to the number of Rafales that will be in our region are we?

The point being weapons specification/number is a function of threat faced. If neither the quality nor quantity is matched then what's the point.

:)

Agreed but we are not planning to induct 4X JFT to the number of Rafales that will be in our region are we?

We dont need to. Our battlespace and our fighting doctrine requires only an additional 50 or 60 high end airframe to maintain the previous "balance" in our possible conflict tenure.

We dont need to. Our battlespace and our fighting doctrine requires only an additional 50 or 60 high end airframe to maintain the previous "balance" in our possible conflict tenure.

If we acquire those 50 or 60 more do you still portent the same doom & gloom scenario of 'if the war progresses beyond a week....we're done for' kinda scenario ? :unsure:

Two weeks

Baraaa farq par giyaa haiii ! :disagree:

Were some of your thoughts echoed by your acquaintances in the PAF as well 'cause the PAF people I've talked to - granted that there was only one Air Vice Marshal & a couple of guys who retired in the late '90s - were of the opinion that the PAF has quite a lot of things up its sleeve & by the end of the first week the PAF would've faced heavy losses but the IAF would've had most of its capability crippled as well with both airforces out of breath effectively reaching a stalemate of sorts with neither side decisively knocking the other out of order to establish anything close to air-superiority !

Baraaa farq par giyaa haiii ! :disagree:

Were some of your thoughts echoed by your acquaintances in the PAF as well 'cause the PAF people I've talked to - granted that there was only one Air Vice Marshal & a couple of guys who retired in the late '90s - were of the opinion that the PAF has quite a lot of things up its sleeve & by the end of the first week the PAF would've faced heavy losses but the IAF would've had most of its capability crippled as well with both airforces out of breath effectively reaching a stalemate of sorts with neither side decisively knocking the other out of order to establish anything close to air-superiority !
Ssshhh...

two weeks.

Okay ! :(

I never thought that Oscar from Looney Toons was such a pessimist ! :whistle:

Looney tunes?? I am not from Looney tunes.
OscartheGrouch.jpg

So you are saying if things go according to plan in 2 weeks of conflict the situation will turn out to be the way Armstrong said?

Quite likely. What I will not say is what will happen to the other side in those two weeks. The result will remain the same. But to say that the other side comes out with just a bloody nose or a combination of skull, rib and leg fractures coupled with severe internal bleeding is what I would keep my opinions based on information and guesstimates reserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom