What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats wrong with you ? Who is making stories of anything. Dont reply me if you have to be mean!.
I didn't join this forum to be harsh or so there is mention of 100 Kn that is so. U think I am making stories its ur issue. Check the second line 100 then some chinese and RD 33. Thats why I said.
NO thanks !

15956421.jpg

BVR bombs
some believe they r BVR missiles but no one knows in public.
Are these missiles produced by some country or Pakistan is trying to produce them I mean are their local Pakistani BVR ?

Are these missiles produced by some country or Pakistan is trying to produce them I mean are their local Pakistani BVR ?

They are not BVR missiles. They are standoff range weapons.
Pakistan supposedly made them (based on South African Raptor glide bomb, which are obsolete)
I highly doubt PAF uses them anymore, a few of them may have been exported to us, but they are ancient now.

Nice one Nomi.

But I always thought JFT has a decidedly feminine 'personality'. Light weight, zippy, and with a 'Dopatta' in form of condensation trails off both LERXs.

Only if you like BBW! Jeez look at the side profile of the damn jet looks like a giant tube with a pointy end. No femininity at all!

The picture you all saw as the first block 1 is indeed the 1'st being upgraded block 1 to block 2. PAC is doing parallel processing of older jets with new build planes. Besides that they can check all the planes throughly which they can use to improve maintenance cycles. This way all the squadrons get the standard 2 level asap and all the pilots get used to one type of standard. The first plane top be build was indeed the one that Nawaz touched... Hope that corrects some postings in the past.

Only if you like BBW! Jeez look at the side profile of the damn jet looks like a giant tube with a pointy end. No femininity at all!
Still, most vehicles are referred to in the feminine form.

They are not BVR missiles. They are standoff range weapons.
Pakistan supposedly made them (based on South African Raptor glide bomb, which are obsolete)
I highly doubt PAF uses them anymore, a few of them may have been exported to us, but they are ancient now.

Far from obsolete: Redirect Notice
and Denel Dynamics - Global Supplier of World Class Missile & UAV Solutions
and Denel Dynamics markets high-tech missile offering to SANDF and friendly countries
“The Raptor is a more strategic weapon, in production, mature, with constant upgrades,” explains company standoff weapons group Umbani production manager Coenie Loock. “We recently conducted a highly successful test in a foreign country. The weapon was launched at a range of 75 km and, fitted with a new seeker, and with no in-course [data] updates, hit the target precisely.”
The Raptor II has a range of some 80 km if launched at an altitude of about 5 000 m, increasing to more than 120 km from some 12 000 m. (The Raptor I has been reported to have a maximum range greater than 60 km.) It has an optical seeker – either TV or imaging IR (IIR) – and a hybrid inertial navigation system (INS), including GPS and an accuracy of less than 2 m.
Denel Dynamics has a proposal for a Raptor III, which would have a maximum range approaching 300 km, if launched at 12 000 m. It would have the same types of guidance and seeker systems as the Raptor II but would be more accurate still. The company is awaiting feedback from potential customers before deciding how and when to proceed with the project.

The picture you all saw as the first block 1 is indeed the 1'st being upgraded block 1 to block 2. PAC is doing parallel processing of older jets with new build planes. Besides that they can check all the planes throughly which they can use to improve maintenance cycles. This way all the squadrons get the standard 2 level asap and all the pilots get used to one type of standard. The first plane top be build was indeed the one that Nawaz touched... Hope that corrects some postings in the past.

Sir,

so PAF will not have any block-1 JF-17 thunders? Are ALL existing JF-17 Thunders are also being upgraded to block-II level as well as new block-II are being built by PAC?

Doesn't that makes PAC's job a lot harder?

Area ruling would have helped. But man that dopatta is there each time it flies. OK let us settle for a pre-pubescent girl. How about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom