What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
May be JF-17 III will have AESA radar, new engine and upgraded avionics...
what about its performance, i mean it is not good in dog fight.

speed only 1.6, service celling: 55,000ft, thurst/weight ratio: 0.95

Before Dubai, in October 2013, Andrei Chang said this:

View attachment 13391

Reporting from Dubai, he reported again that he had confirmation of Zimbabwe likely to be the first customer. So we have both CATIC and AFZ confirming to Kanwa of FC-1 deal. He reported of the negotiations about two years back as well.

Thanks @Tempest II ...

back in 2004, there were news all over the net that Zimbabwe showed keen interest in jf-17, for 12 aircraft, now thats good nine years ago when just two prototypes were flying!

Pinkov/ Chang does bring some good news often.

go through info pool thread please..

go through info pool thread please..
i did not find anything about it, only improved avionics, air-to-air refueling, two seat variants, improved electronic warfare suites that is it :undecided:

I'm not that expert on fighter aircraft so someone else answer you better.. As far I know the new chines engine can solve this problem but it will take time about dog fight it's totally on pilot skills how he managed it... JF-17 has both bvr and wvr capabilities and thrust\weight ratio I know nothing may you can enlighten me...

i did not find anything about it, only improved avionics, air-to-air refueling, two seat variants, improved electronic warfare suites that is it :undecided:

"In close combat the JF-17 excels at being truly agile and responsive to the pilot's commands."

Wng Cdr Ahsan Rafiq, OC JF-17 Test and Evaluation Flight, Pakistan Air Force.

Courtesy: Air Force Monthly (AFM), U.K - April 2009.

You need to watch JF-17 performance in Dubai airshow 2013, then decide weather it's a good dog fighter or not

back in 2004, there were news all over the net that Zimbabwe showed keen interest in jf-17, for 12 aircraft, now thats good nine years ago when just two prototypes were flying!

I believe there is some truth that Block 1 was not for export.

I believe there is some truth that Block 1 was not for export.

could well be the case, i also heard that PAF wanted to induct the first batch to replace A-5s at the earnest.

I'm not that expert on fighter aircraft so someone else answer you better.. As far I know the new chines engine can solve this problem but it will take time about dog fight it's totally on pilot skills how he managed it... JF-17 has both bvr and wvr capabilities and thrust\weight ratio I know nothing may you can enlighten me...
well trust/weight ration one of parameter of maneuverability, greater the ration means greater maneuvability.

As long as Bangladesh is not a potential customer, we don't have anything to prove to you :D

Anyways,

Service ceiling > F-16's

Thurst/weight ratio almost = F-16's

Speed will be increased.

well trust/weight ration one of parameter of maneuverability, greater the ration means greater maneuvability.

Maneuvability of JF-17 is very good if you have seen last two appearances in Dubai airshows..

As long as Bangladesh is not a potential customer, we don't have anything to prove to you :D

Anyways,

Service ceiling > F-16's

Thurst/weight ratio almost = F-16's

Speed will be increased.
actually BD is potential customer because BD is looking for new fighter aircraft at reasonable price. BD has plan of inducting 160 new aircraft within 2025 ;) now show us what you have :D

Last edited:
Reactions: HRK
actually BD is potential customer because BD is looking for new fighter aircraft at reasonable price. BD has plan of inductiong 160 new aircraft within 2025 ;) now show us what you have :D
Anything for our bengali brothers. What's ours is yours :)

Join us in the production of block 3 and produce it at home. From yours and our funds we can develop an AESA, 5th generation Avionics and a top-notch EW suite :D

different figures on internet, 1.6 and 1.8, afer intake redesign, its known to be as 1.8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom