What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
pic is taken on 24-12-13, considering the completion of 50 blk 1 aircrafts, are we seeing the first Blk 2 in the background?

eZKkVy0.jpg

09-109 back to its normal self ;)

9ShT4GX.jpg

Reactions: HRK
pic is taken on 24-12-13, considering the completion of 50 blk 1 aircrafts, are we seeing the first Blk 2 in the background?

eZKkVy0.jpg
Did you just post a picture of blk 2 ??? :woot:

Possibly, considering that it does not look any different physically apart from the IFR.

Can someone answer me that Azerbaijan and Zimbabwe had put orders of JF-17 because in JF-17 information pool it is mentioned??????

Can someone answer me that Azerbaijan and Zimbabwe had put orders of JF-17 because in JF-17 information pool it is mentioned??????

Azerbaijan has reppeatedly negotiated with Pakistan and China, they are in for 12-24 aircrafts, they even tested them. As for zimbabwe:

@Tempest II can enlighten us better :)

Which you already know the answer to :D

well, there is no rocket science in it as only blk 2 aircraft will come out of PAC till blk 3 is ready to roll.

eZKkVy0.jpg

09-109 back to its normal self ;)

9ShT4GX.jpg

Whether it is block2? Well it could have been one being repainted... But it is not. Just look to the left side of the man standing in front of the DSI... Is that the retractable IFR? Mmmm

About the 09-109 I can be very open... It was used for ground testing for IFR. We finished even the air testing so we can safely remove the temporary probe. I hope that settles some question marks.

Whether it is block2? Well it could have been one being repainted... But it is not. Just look to the left side of the man standing in front of the DSI... Is that the retractable IFR? Mmmm

About the 09-109 I can be very open... It was used for ground testing for IFR. We finished even the air testing so we can safely remove the temporary probe. I hope that settles some question marks.
Munir bhai is there going to be any change in the airframe in blk 3 ???

Munir bhai is there going to be any change in the airframe in blk 3 ???

It is a small plane and the last block was intended to go further but I do not think very radical. Considering that block 3 will be ready for production within two years... You just cannot redesign the entire plane without 4-5 years re-testing. One part will change and that will make other options more possible. And that is a more powerful engine. Either an upgraded RD93 or upgraded WS13.

* You are seeing too much in it, no retractable IFR for my eyes :)

* 09-109 was tested for 6-8 months as a testbed for blk 2 configuration including but not limited to IFR ;)

I have been looking at the block2 picture. Strangely we do not see a canopy. If you look at old assembly hall pictures you will see that the canopy is added before the engine (which we also cannot see). So there are two options that can be added...

1. This is the first upgrade plane which receives all the upgrades to become a block 2. Seems to be most likely cause you have almost nothing on block 1... We can upgrade them pretty fast into block 2.

2. This is the first semi knock down kit pre assembled in China. I don't think it is that option... So the first Nawaz JF17 is the first Block2 entirely made/assembled in Pakistan.

* You are seeing too much in it, no retractable IFR for my eyes :)

* 09-109 was tested for 6-8 months as a testbed for blk 2 configuration including but not limited to IFR ;)

I agree that 09-109 was tested for avionics upgrade but reliable news is that it was used for IFR ground testing.

I think that first block 2 is an old block 1 being upgraded to block 2. So yes block 2... ;)

May be JF-17 III will have AESA radar, new engine and upgraded avionics...

... ... As for zimbabwe: ... ... @Tempest II can enlighten us better :).

Before Dubai, in October 2013, Andrei Chang said this:

3.JPG

Reporting from Dubai, he reported again that he had confirmation of Zimbabwe likely to be the first customer here: JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5] | Page 163
Andrei Chang said that according to his understanding, Zimbabwe could be the next potential customer Xiaolong fighter.

So we have both CATIC and AFZ confirming to Kanwa of FC-1 deal. He reported of the negotiations about two years back as well.

Last edited:
at PAC, news has it that they are utilizing the "plug and play" concept often when it comes to subsystems/ avionics. I dont blame them, they never had such freedom before :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom