What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
JF-17+Thunder+Pakistan+Air+Force+PAF+fighter+jet+air+show+C-802A+Anti-ship+Missile+SD-10A+BVRAAM+PL-5E+II+WVRAAM+and+500+kg+LS-6+Satellite+Inertially+Guided+Bomb+LT-3+Laser+LT-2LS-500J+Laser+missil+%25283%2529.jpg

JF-17+Thunder+Pakistan+Air+Force+PAF+fighter+jet+air+show+C-802A+Anti-ship+Missile+SD-10A+BVRAAM+PL-5E+II+WVRAAM+and+500+kg+LS-6+Satellite+Inertially+Guided+Bomb+LT-3+Laser+LT-2LS-500J+Laser+missil.jpg

Hazoor does Pakistan produce Chinese guidance kits with "urdu" tags for use with MK series? and than advertise them at international defence expos?

Hazoor, the urdu / arbi thingy has been written on the bomb, the guidance kit is desperately installed with one part of the kit at the front and second part in the back. The bomb is fitted in between, and that is where something like 500 in urdu / arbi has been written.

In LGBs / JDAM bombs, the kit and bomb make up the complete system. Chinese LGUs are totally different then American designs.

Hazoor, the urdu / arbi thingy has been written on the bomb, the guidance kit is desperately installed with one part of the kit at the front and second part in the back. The bomb is fitted in between, and that is where something like 500 in urdu / arbi has been written.

In LGBs / JDAM bombs, the kit and bomb make up the complete system. Chinese LGUs are totally different then American designs.

Hazoor for you:

By: David Donald
Published: 21 Feb 2013

Having been previously shown at the IDEAS exhibition in Karachi, a number of UAVs from Global Industrial and Defence Solutions (GIDS) are making their first international appearances as part of IDEX’s Unmanned Systems Area (U-006).

GIDS is exhibiting five UAV designs, ranging in size from the hand-launched Scout to the 6.6m span Shahpar.

GIDS has developed all the systems for the medium-range tactical Shahpar, with the exception of its Rotax 912 engine. The suite of indigenous systems includes the fully autonomous control system and the Zumr-I (EP) multisensor turret. The vehicle has a 50kg payload capability, and an endurance of more than seven hours. The Shahpar has completed its test and qualification phase, and is now in production for the Pakistan Army and Air Force.

The smaller Uqab tactical UAV, part of a family developed by the Xpert division of GIDS, has been in service with the Pakistan Army and Navy since 2010.

Its 50hp engine gives it a ceiling of 3,000m and an endurance of six hours. Uqab takes off on a wheeled undercarriage from conventional runways, but the Pakistan Navy had a requirement for a zero-length launch version, primarily for shipboard use. GIDS modified the Uqab to cater for a rocket-boosted launch and parachute recovery, resulting in the Huma that is undergoing trials now. GIDS is showing two man-portable systems. The 8kg Sentry can be wheel- or rail-launched, and comes in two versions. With a small petrol engine, the long-range model can fly more than an hour, while the short-range model is powered by a brushless electric motor, giving it about 45 minutes of silent operation. Also on display is the 4kg Scout, a hand- or catapult-launched mini-UAV that gives 45 minutes’ endurance from its electric motor before recovering near-vertically by entering a deep stall. Trials of the Scout by the Army are nearly complete and it is now in the process of service induction.

The company has also developed a range extension kit for GP series bombs, which converts general-purpose steel bombs to guided weapons.

IDEX UAE 2013: News, Updates & Discussions | Page 12

Hazoor for you:

The company has also developed a range extension kit for GP series bombs, which converts general-purpose steel bombs to guided weapons.

IDEX UAE 2013: News, Updates & Discussions | Page 12

I know, even before the news broke out, i had told of a new satellite guided / INS guided Chinese version of locally made bomb kit just like the Chinese FT series glided bomb kit being tested at some AB on upgraded Mirage. Then a few days later at some defence exhibition in Singapore or somewhere like that, GIDS showed that kit in its display area. And here we have now the official confirmation:

Pakistani GIDS TAKBIR Series Satellite Aided Inertially Guided Bomb | Page 2

http://forum.********************/index.php?showtopic=101429

Tu loo Hazzor, see the below pic from this year IDEF 2013 in Turkey, on the right side in the far back, you can see the FT series glided bomb kit in White color being shown at the GIDS display area. Took me a lot of effort to find this pic. So no laser guidance so far from AWC.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DIZu0aU2IxI/UYpvbhq1__I/AAAAAAAAGAw/4-gDUt7dXQs/s1600/DSCN4535.JPG

Last edited:
I know, even before the news broke out, i had told of a new satellite guided / INS guided Chinese version of locally made bomb kit just like the Chinese FT series glided bomb kit being tested at some AB on upgraded Mirage. Then a few days later at some defence exhibition in Singapore or somewhere like that, GIDS showed that kit in its display area. And here we have now the official confirmation:

http://forum.********************/index.php?showtopic=101429

Loo mazaa nahin ayaaa Taimi Bhaiii - You didn't mention 'Huzooor' anywhere in this post ! :(

Lagtaa haiii @DESERT FIGHTER baaaziii leii giyaa isss round mein ! :)

I posted abt "Takbir" a few months ago...

But LS-6 was also marketed by GIDS...during IDEX 2013.. Produced under ToT?

w9lj.jpg

Does GIDS also fall under NASCOM like AWC or is it a separate organisation?

I think GIDS is just an organization made for exporting / exhibition of all defence related products on a single platform. NESCOM is the operational platform. All these organizations come under NESCOM operationally.

Why SD-10 uses RF proximity fuze instead of modern laser prox fuze ????

Must have something to do with technical aspects. As chinese are using laser proximity fuze in their PL-9 missiles as well as in the latest Pl-5E series missiles which is already in service with PAF and used on JF-17s. A very technical guy may answer that why is one system used on one missile and another system on others.

@gambit

Little help Sir.

Does GIDS also fall under NASCOM like AWC or is it a separate organisation?

If i am not wrong but GIDS is being made of ex KRL firms which under KRL were under foriegn sanctions and under GIDS they are not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom