What's new

IDEX UAE 2013: News, Updates & Discussions

Don't go all defensive on me BLACKEAGLE you are saying this drone completed,passed all tests,serial production capability ready and its waiting customers? Big words BLACKEAGLE big words when no one saw a single photo/video/documentry of this UAV(not just UAV but an armed one) on internet.

It was kept a secret :)
No one saw a picture of US stealth copter before OBL operation in Pakistan.
No one saw a picture of RQ170 before it was downed in Iran after 1000 operations.
Impressive job by UAE, indeed.

United-40 is without a doubt the MALE UAV to be.
I know that they have skipped the steps and experiments. Their scientists will not grasp the engineering knowledge in maybe 1-2 decades but I am happy for them. Still impressive!

Then UAE should stop acting like Iranian mullahs and show whole world how this UCAV works/take off/bombs , real action instead of mock-ups.

Careful brother what you mix United 40 and Iran are very reactive mixture:azn:

Don't go all defensive on me @BLACKEAGLE you are saying this drone completed,passed all tests,serial production capability ready and its waiting customers? Big words @BLACKEAGLE big words when no one seen a single photo/video/documentry of this UAV(not just UAV but an armed one) on internet and if there were really such an armed UAV on market(specially if its belongs to Gulf-Arabs) be sure we would bought few units already as stop-gag solution(until ANKA can be armed).

ABU DHABI - Meet Yabhon United 40 - Block 5; with its futuristic aero-dynamics, this unmanned aerial vehicle, or UAV, was a major show attraction at Idex 2013.

Developed by Abu Dhabi’s Adcom Systems, largely a UAV manufacturer with worldwide branches, United 40 is being seen for the second time in the UAE, after being recently launched in Dubai.

“It can carry 10 missiles on board, each one having a 60km range and 1,000kph speed,” said Ali Al Dhaheri, general designer and CEO of Adcom Systems. “It can fly over 100 hours without refuelling at a 30,000ft altitude. It is very reliable, has twin engines, six fly control units and over 400 channels of communications.” Designed for strategic missions such as border surveillance, battle damage assessment, intelligence preparation of battlefield, combat assessment and humanitarian aid, United 40 can take off with 2,000kg on board. If desired, it can also have up to 15 people on board.

It is now in serial production, licenced in several countries around the world and used by armies all over the Arabian Gulf, the UAE included.

Another Adcom star at Idex this year is the brand-new Yabhon NSR.

“It actually hunts the Yabhon United 40,” said Al Dhaheri.

“It is the first one in the world to hunt UAVs. It has an advanced auto-tracking system, being capable of image tracking and downloading video to the user, and also capable of automatic engage and destroy operation.”

133.jpg

otT71.jpg

JvWMn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It was kept a secret :)
No one saw a picture of US stealth copter before OBL operation in Pakistan.
No one saw a picture of RQ170 before it was downed in Iran after 1000 operations.
Impressive job by UAE, indeed.

I know that they have skipped the steps and experiments. Their scientists will not grasp the engineering knowledge in maybe 1-2 decades but I am happy for them. Still impressive!

UAE has chosen the easy way and frankly the perfect way for them to get into the world market. They have been very very smart regarding their defense industry. Shower all the best engineers and designers of the world with money and attracting them to work in UAE in UAE owned companies, training their nationals is also an added benefit.

We are taking the long and hard route. As we should, we have no excuse to do it the UAE way although we can. We are establishing permanent capabilities home through R&D. It will be longer and more tedious but in the end it will pay off.

@ Blackeagle
Thanks bro for the information. Please add them to the UAV united 40 thread too.
That thread deserves more attention. No matter how much technology transfer has happened behind the scene, it is the 2nd/3rd best MALE UCAV on earth.

@ Blackeagle
Thanks bro for the information. Please add them to the UAV united 40 thread too.
That thread deserves more attention. No matter how much technology transfer has happened behind the scene, it is the 2nd/3rd best MALE UCAV on earth.

Off course there has been technology transfer genius, countries all over the world share tech and develop them including USA and Russia.

We are taking the long and hard route. As we should, we have no excuse to do it the UAE way although we can. We are establishing permanent capabilities home through R&D. It will be longer and more tedious but in the end it will pay off.
I agree with you 100%. I like the long and hard way more.
However, I am proud of UAE to sell nice arms even through the easy way. TIME FOR THEM TO SELL ARMS :)

I agree with you 100%. I like the long and hard way more.
However, I am proud of UAE to sell nice arms even through the easy way. TIME FOR THEM TO SELL ARMS :)

I am sure that when Israel developed UAV, they took a couple of scientists and locked them in a room until they came up with the Hyprone.

@ Blackeagle

If this UAV climbs the 30000ft with more than 100h endurance , Those specifications rank UAE "Best" UAV manufacturer of the World without any doubt because No other UAV's around the World with similar size can't do this.

Think Global Hawk's(The best UAV on World) final model MQ-4C Triton(60000ft) have a duration around 30h, ANKA-B is planned 24h, Heron with AselFlir-300T is around 25-30h, Original Heron 50h, Predator-B (Reaper) 14h (fully loaded), Predator-A 24h

Designed for strategic missions such as border surveillance, battle damage assessment, intelligence preparation of battlefield, combat assessment and humanitarian aid, United 40 can take off with 2,000kg on board. If desired, it can also have up to 15 people on board.

Tech From Russia and France ? Money Speaks !

unbenanntnvrzm.png

What you mean with 15 People on Board ?

Something like this ? =

223y5ssd.jpg

Why 3 Engines on a UAV ? looks like a Easy Hunt for a Fighter !

JvWMn.jpg

I see Only 23,000 Feet !

2208swl.png

http://adcom-systems.com/PDF/UAV/UNITED40.PDF

If this UAV climbs the 30000ft with more than 100h endurance , Those specifications rank UAE "Best" UAV manufacturer of the World without any doubt because No other UAV's around the World with similar size can't do this.

Think Global Hawk's(The best UAV on World) final model MQ-4C Triton(60000ft) have a duration around 30h, ANKA-B is planned 24h, Heron with AselFlir-300T is around 25-30h, Original Heron 50h, Predator-B (Reaper) 14h (fully loaded), Predator-A 24h
Maybe, US wanted to sell UCAVs to only some countries without making others like Turkey angry. This was a good way to do that. just speculations!
I cant name it the first UCAV on earth, since the technology should come from some where else.

Back
Top Bottom