What's new

IDEX UAE 2013: News, Updates & Discussions

Now I am jealous...:hitwall:

Ukrainian Emirati armored personnel carrier is being produced in Dubai

The Ukrainian Pavilion showed a modern armored personnel carrier being produced in Dubai in cooperation with the Ukrainian state-owned company and a private Emirati company. Company officials confirmed the Ukrainian government Okrsets Aaxport responsible for the Ukrainian pavilion at the exhibition that this tanker shown for the first time at IDEX stressing that it can accommodate about 12 people, including the commander and the driver and a dozen soldiers. They pointed out that this vehicle is the first of co-production between Ukraine and the UAE company, stating that IDEX is a great opportunity for the Ukrainian arms companies to showcase their products in the Middle East.
BTR-4MV_APC_8x8_armoured_personnel_carrier_Ukraine_Ukrainian_defence_industry_IDEX_2013_002.jpg

BTR-4MV_APC_8x8_armoured_personnel_carrier_Ukraine_Ukrainian_defence_industry_IDEX_2013_001.jpg

ناقلة جنود إماراتية أوكرانية تنتج في دبي - البيان

- Question:
What do they mean by this? Did they mean the land control room?

“It can carry 10 missiles on board, each one having a 60km range and 1,000kph speed,” said Ali Al Dhaheri, general designer and CEO of Adcom Systems. “It can fly over 100 hours without refuelling at a 30,000ft altitude. It is very reliable, has twin engines, six fly control units and over 400 channels of communications.” Designed for strategic missions such as border surveillance, battle damage assessment, intelligence preparation of battlefield, combat assessment and humanitarian aid, United 40 can take off with 2,000kg on board. If desired, it can also have up to 15 people on board."

Most probably, 15 people story is given to emphasize the payload capacity of UAV to make it more clear in public mind. If We consider one man weight equals around 70kg, 15 men means 15*70: 1050kg (?) payload capacity. Otherwise, It is not a manned airplane to carry any people on board...

Most probably, 15 people story is given to emphasize the payload capacity of UAV to make it more clear in public mind. If We consider one man weight equals around 70kg, 15 men means 15*70: 1050kg (?) payload capacity. Otherwise, It is not a manned airplane to carry any people on board...

It doesn't make sense actually, maybe a mistake by the editor of the article.

Maybe ,but it´s not a Plane ,it´s a Vehicle :)

Why ? Against ? they Have Already Leclerc´s !

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe ,but it´s not a Plane ,it´s a Vehicle :)

Why ? Against ? they Have Already Leclerc´s !
Because they have money and they should replace these old tanks they are quite old now and needs replacement

Because they have money and they should replace these old tanks they are quite old now and needs replacement

Against ? Why new Tanks if they already over 300 Leclerc´s !

If you had money you don´t must it Waste it.

Against ? Why new Tanks if they already over 300 Leclerc´s !

If you had money you don´t must it Waste it.
Sir they have already 400 Tanks 300 are Leclerc but they should replace these around 100 old Tanks with new ones

Maybe, US wanted to sell UCAVs to only some countries without making others like Turkey angry. This was a good way to do that. just speculations!
I cant name it the first UCAV on earth, since the technology should come from some where else.

My friend, Everything at the beggining of program was really good but When the 1500kg ANKA airframe started trials, Turkish engineers realized How difficult engineering problems they met to overcome. The purpose was to carry the airframe over 30000ft altitude with around 24h duration(similar capability like equivalents Predator-A,B, Heron with AselFlir) so Engineering efforts have already been proceeding over ANKA-B for 30000ft+ and ANKA-TP for 45000ft. All those serious efforts of Turkish engineers, crash landings of prototypes, mission computer, link connection losts, software upgradings, new wing aerodynamics, lowe weight composite materials to decrease the weight...etc (and many other foreign similar class UAV's with similar capabilities passed same ways for maturation (30000ft and 24 h duration)) I read on magazines make me think that Development of an UAV (100h duration with 6-8 guided missile around 30000ft) is one of the most difficult effort I country can carry out because There is not a World example like this MALE UAV Arabian source introduced. Hope It is true... Believe me If you manage to develop the one source mentioned, That makes you rank Number-1 UAV manufacturer of the World automatically.

Yes but answer my Question !

Do they need new Tanks ?
If they want to maintain 400 hundred Tanks than they need them if think 300 are enough than they don't need it simple

My friend, Everything at the beggining of program was really good but When the 1500kg ANKA airframe started trials, Turkish engineers realized How difficult engineering problems they met to overcome. The purpose was to carry the airframe over 30000ft altitude with around 24h duration(similar capability like equivalents Predator-A,B, Heron with AselFlir) so Engineering efforts have already been proceeding over ANKA-B for 30000ft+ and ANKA-TP for 45000ft. All those serious efforts of Turkish engineers, crash landings of prototypes, mission computer, link connection losts, software upgradings based on experiences...etc (and many other foreign similar class UAV's with similar capabilities passed same ways for maturation (30000ft and 24 h duration)) I read on magazines make me think that Development of an UAV (100h duration with 6-8 guided missile around 30000ft) is one of the most difficult effort I country can carry out because There is not a World example like this MALE UAV Arabian source introduced. Hope It is true...

I agree with you. It takes 5% to develop something; 95% to validate it under different circumstances.
The specs says united 40 does "car tracking" which can be developed in a few weeks but harsh validations arises for just this module:
1. Car tracking in cloudy, rainy, foggy situations.
2. Car tracking with occlusions: such as bridges, trees, and other barriers
and so on.
Of course combat needs huge software modules that will need years to be shaped, and endurance is another story.

The UAE has asked Eurofighter, Boeing and Dassault for proposals for a next generation fighter. The UAE has said that it requires a more advanced aircraft than the current Rafale in service with the Armée de l’Air, and is not going to fund Dassault for a new variant development project. Reports suggest Lockheed Martin F-35A has also joined as a contender.
[edit]
United Arab Emirates Air Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The UAE has asked Eurofighter, Boeing and Dassault for proposals for a next generation fighter. The UAE has said that it requires a more advanced aircraft than the current Rafale in service with the Armée de l’Air, and is not going to fund Dassault for a new variant development project. Reports suggest Lockheed Martin F-35A has also joined as a contender.
[edit]
United Arab Emirates Air Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Source ?

But a Unit of a F35 will cost after 2020 67 Millions USD $

" After a year of bad press following the federal government’s botched estimate of how much it would cost to procure 65 of the stealth planes, officials from Lockheed Martin Corp. and Pratt & Whitney hosted a telephone press conference to refute perceptions of cost overruns and noting the involvement of several Canadian firms – including Ottawa-based GasTops – on the project.
Steve O’Bryan, vice-president of F-35 programs at Lockheed Martin, said the jets have undergone a 50 per cent price reduction compared to five years ago, and estimated that each plane will cost $67 million by 2020."

F-35 makers go on offensive - Defence and security - Ottawa Business Journal

I agree with you. It takes 5% to develop something; 95% to validate it under different circumstances.
The specs says united 40 does "car tracking" which can be developed in a few weeks but harsh validations arises for just this module:
1. Car tracking in cloudy, rainy, foggy situations.
2. Car tracking with occlusions: such as bridges, trees, and other barriers
and so on.
Of course combat needs huge software modules that will need years to be shaped, and endurance is another story.

Dont think hard with details. Lots of journalists are like Moron When It comes to publish something regarding technological issues so Even If they heart some serious statements from safe mouths, They can't deliver the necessary informations, mixing terms, using imbecile examples to introduce what they heart...etc I can introduce lots of examples from Turkish media.

What source tries to introduce with car tracking capability is FLIR's automatic tracking capability from km's away. If the issue is cloudy or rainy weather conditions, The same missions will be carried out by a SAR radar to be integrated under the fuselage..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom