Status
Not open for further replies.
Vintage JF-17 Thunder in PAF F-104 Starfighter Livery III
jf17f104g-3231.jpg

jf17f104g-411.jpg
jf17f104g-1233.jpg

Last edited:
f defence equipment and logistics.
Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt and the PAC chairman Air Marshal Sohail Gu
A new Local Laser Guided Bomb for Jf-17 Thunder ?
hqFWSsx.jpg
On Jordainian Air Chief's visit to Air Weapons Complex, Kamra , Pakistan , a new bobm is on display which looks like a GBU-12 Enhanced Paveway II laser guided bomb, but on its body looks like a marking in Urdu/Arabic. Is it a new Locally produced Laser guided bomb for Jf17 Thunder ?

AWC is known to be making Mk series bombs. The bomb would be AWC made, but question is about the guidance kit. is that AWC made or a US made laser guidance kit been made working on a AWC made bomb.

Are there any plans for the fuel systems to be mounted above the wings like the case for F16?

CARTS_02_1267828237_9073.jpg

These would be great addition perhaps to increase the flight duration for JF17 thunders

f16cft3qm.jpg

JF17 thudner could benefit from moving the fuel tanks above the wings
perhaps more weapons mounted under the wings

2010122615257ff30761.jpg

Last edited:
AWC is known to be making Mk series bombs. The bomb would be AWC made, but question is about the guidance kit. is that AWC made or a US made laser guidance kit been made working on a AWC made bomb.

I read some article abt AWC produced guidance kits advertised/marketed at the recent Dubai Airshow 2013.. i think Jordanian member @BLACKEAGLE posted the article in some related thread...

Not A good idea.

JF-17 TWR is already low,And adding More fuel and than further the CFT's will seriously affect the fighter maneuveribility

Reactions: HRK
Does anyone have pic of serial 10-124 if you do please can you post?

Not A good idea.

JF-17 TWR is already low,And adding More fuel and than further the CFT's will seriously affect the fighter maneuveribility

Combat radius of JF-17 is good enough for PAF. That was one of the major requirements.
Extra fuel is not needed. Average width of Pakistan is 600 km.
And we have bases in the middle of the country, thus the combat radius is more than enough to take out FOBs of the enemy.

chinese made probably
j7pg02bp4.jpg

j7pgj600ro4.jpg

These F-7s are using the American LGBs.PAF had integrated these US provided bombs with the F-7s a long time back.

My guess about that pic is, AWC made bomb integrated with American LGU.

Chinese LGB kits are different.

Are there any plans for the fuel systems to be mounted above the wings like the case for F16?

These would be great addition perhaps to increase the flight duration for JF17 thunders

JF17 thudner could benefit from moving the fuel tanks above the wings
perhaps more weapons mounted under the wings

hope in future paf will induct more (2-3)il-78midas

These F-7s are using the American LGBs.PAF had integrated these US provided bombs with the F-7s a long time back.

My guess about that pic is, AWC made bomb integrated with American LGU.

Chinese LGB kits are different.
i don't think so

Its the RF proximity fuse.

Below you will find two pictures where in the first production batch the 4 fuse sensors are covered in red, while in another picture the Pt-06 is carrying a live round showing in golden color the RF proximity sensors.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_En-sxfOkXP8/TPew24FgCCI/AAAAAAAAHjE/irH1os9Xn9Y/s1600/sd-10.bmp

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1l2FmN7BEFM/UBChIzRbhmI/AAAAAAAAAUA/n2jL57KRYWU/s1600/FC-1_SD-10A1.jpg

Why SD-10 uses RF proximity fuze instead of modern laser prox fuze ????

hope in future paf will induct more (2-3)il-78midas

i don't think so

Well your thinking doesn't matters as i am well aware that American LGUs / LGBs are very much integrated with F-7P / PGs, and for many years now. China doesn't makes such designed LGU kits nor Pakistan is making Laser Guidance kits. AWC recently started to make Chinese ToT FT series glided bomb kits with INS/Satellite navigation, which you just saw in that Takbir series bomb kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom