What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you guyz have answered this question so many times but i want to ask again that can our JF-17 block1 can use BVR missile? b/c i havnt seen any pic of block 1 having BVR missile (SD-10) !

I know you guyz have answered this question so many times but i want to ask again that can our JF-17 block1 can use BVR missile? b/c i havnt seen any pic of block 1 having BVR missile (SD-10) !
Yes it can.
If 1960's Mig21 can fire a BVR then what is the reason of even asking a question like this about 4th Generation Multirole fighter.

I think PT-01,PT-02,PT-03 were based on one structure, and PT-04,05 and 06 were based on the one that eventually went into production.

Let's wait for a senior member to clarify.

PT-01 - Flight test

PT-02 - stress/ fatigue test

PT-03 - Flight Test

PT-04 - Flight Test (intake, tail and minor design modifications) (PAF version)

PT-05 - stress/ fatigue test

PT-06 - flight test (chinese version)

Dubai Airshow 2013:

Courtesy :ANTIBODY.

JF-17e.jpg

JF-17a.jpg

JF-17c.jpg

JF-17d.jpg

Ronald.jpg

First uploaded by me dated Nov 20, 2013

original source:环球网_全球生活新门户_环球时报旗下网站

Yes, but i believe that is for the AIM-120D version

PAF got AIM120C, which is about half a million.

AIM-120C-5, the exact cost is no known but the C version is around 400,000 to 500,000 where as the D is around 700,000 and above. The best things about SD-10A/B+ is these are being in advanced test phases even with SD-10A being mass produced and integrated and the cost is 50% less than AIM-120C/D variant and in time we'll have an excellent BVR missile for the cost/value.

AIM-120C-5, the exact cost is no known but the C version is around 400,000 to 500,000 where as the D is around 700,000 and above. The best things about SD-10A/B+ is these are being in advanced test phases even with SD-10A being mass produced and integrated and the cost is 50% less than AIM-120C/D variant and in time we'll have an excellent BVR missile for the cost/value.

Yes, that is why i corrected the price estimate in my next post.

About the technology of SD-10, we can only speculate and make an educated guess. Since the Chinese were able to procure the R7x series of missiles from Russia for their flanker series, it can be assumed that some of that potent technology was studied and perhaps implemented in the SD10 series.

C version is around 400,000 to 500,000 where as the D is around 700,000 and above.

It is incredible to see one missile costs more than half-million dollars. Enough to fully fund atleast 6-7 PhDs here in UK.

Although important, investing in war machines is gross waste of precious resources.

One of the biggest issue for JF17 is to counter Indian P8 Poseidon. So I think we can expect a new variant long range BVR in the next 3-5 years.

It is incredible to see one missile costs more than half-million dollars. Enough to fully fund atleast 6-7 PhDs here in UK.

Although important, investing in war machines is gross waste of precious resources.

You are taking this in the wrong sense. It is the research by PhDs in various academic positions, who come up with such technology, and then this high-technology trickles down to the civilian market.

These weapons are there to act as deterrence. To prevent the war from happening in the first place.

You are taking this in the wrong sense. It is the research by PhDs in various academic positions, who come up with such technology, and then this high-technology trickles down to the civilian market.

These weapons are there to act as deterrence. To prevent the war from happening in the first place.

Yes, I get your point. One can hope that the spin-offs of defence technology benefits the society in much more magnitude than it aim to destroy. Still the sheer amount of money spent directly in defence equipments makes me upset.

Yes, I get your point. One can hope that the spin-offs of defence technology benefits the society in much more magnitude than it aim to destroy. Still the sheer amount of money spent directly in defence equipments makes me upset.

Let's not get carried away, this is JF-17 thread so let's keep it there.

You are welcome to open another thread to discuss the military technology impact on civilian society.

Let's not get carried away, this is JF-17 thread so let's keep it there.

You are welcome to open another thread to discuss the military technology impact on civilian society.

Yes, back to JF-17 :)

One of the biggest issue for JF17 is to counter Indian P8 Poseidon. So I think we can expect a new variant long range BVR in the next 3-5 years.

Actually JF-17 has to counter no. of threats including P-8I, Phalcons, Su-30MKI and Mig-29/29K etc. PN needs to have its own air command with state of the art planes and long range BVR missiles.

Above land it has more then enough assets that can contribute countering anything the Indians have or will get. I do not think we have to go into discussions.

Above sea it is a but different. No SAM, radar or range to search, track and destroy P8 everywhere. India can move the 10+ P8 in and out of the arena and counter subs or other naval vessels of PN. The need for long range SAM on the vessels and long range BVR on JF17 becomes very important in the next few years. I do expect some shocking news in the next few years. Otherwise I would not post this.

Yes, back to JF-17 :)

Actually JF-17 has to counter no. of threats including P-8I, Phalcons, Su-30MKI and Mig-29/29K etc. PN needs to have its own air command with state of the art planes and long range BVR missiles.

No intention to drift this thread into yet another A vs B but here is the situation today..

mki has no naval role till brahmos is fitted and in service, as IN air arm stands of now, jft has to counter the il-38SD, M-29K and sea harrier respectively. Considering the current sd-10A range is given around 70-100km, it shouldnt be a big issue. Infact, the only match it faces today is by Mig-29K in terms of radar and bvr ranges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom