What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No intention to drift this thread into yet another A vs B but here is the situation today..

mki has no naval role till brahmos is fitted and in service, as IN air arm stands of now, jft has to counter the il-38SD, M-29K and sea harrier respectively. Considering the current sd-10A range is given around 70-100km, it shouldnt be a big issue. Infact, the only match it faces today is by Mig-29K in terms of radar and bvr ranges.
Su-30MKIs can carry 3 KH-59 active radar homing anti-ship missiles with 285km range. And also 4 KH-35 missiles with 130 KM range. They surely are gonna perform naval tasks with or without Brahoms/Nirbhay. Also they have very large combat radius thus suitable for naval operations.
PS: we have 2 MKI sqds based in Pune and there's a reason for that.

any news about JF-17 thunder block 2 and 3 are they in production or not please help me and when will we see block 2 and 3 :help:

Su-30MKIs can carry 3 KH-59 active radar homing anti-ship missiles with 285km range. And also 4 KH-35 missiles with 130 KM range. They surely are gonna perform naval tasks with or without Brahoms/Nirbhay. Also they have very large combat radius thus suitable for naval operations.
PS: we have 2 MKI sqds based in Pune and there's a reason for that.

you missed the first line of my post, now stay on topic plz. open other threads in relevant forums to praise mki.

@Dazzler - I've been asking this question for a while but I dunno if I ever got a satisfying answer so here goes : Would it be possible for Pakistan to acquire 1-2 Squadrons of highly upgraded Jf-17s for a dedicated maritime role ?

What I mean to say is that instead of having the KLJ-7 Radar they are equipped with longer ranged AESA radars & armed with longer ranged Anti-Ship Missiles !

Perhaps even have RCS Reduction Features to them !

Perhaps a better Avionic Suite as well !

And maybe are trained & drilled by Pilots who concentrate squarely on a Maritime Role !

What I'm getting at is that it may not be financially possible for Pakistan to go for an AESA equipped fleet of Jf-17s across the board or go for ones which incorporate the above features !

But could it be possible to have an Elite category of 2-3 Squadrons in addition to having the regular Jf-17s ?

Thank You - Much Obliged ! :)

@Dazzler - I've been asking this question for a while but I dunno if I ever got a satisfying answer so here goes : Would it be possible for Pakistan to acquire 1-2 Squadrons of highly upgraded Jf-17s for a dedicated maritime role ?

What I mean to say is that instead of having the KLJ-7 Radar they are equipped with longer ranged AESA radars & armed with longer ranged Anti-Ship Missiles !

Perhaps even have RCS Reduction Features to them !

Perhaps a better Avionic Suite as well !

And maybe are trained & drilled by Pilots who concentrate squarely on a Maritime Role !

What I'm getting at is that it may not be financially possible for Pakistan to go for an AESA equipped fleet of Jf-17s across the board or go for ones which incorporate the above features !

But could it be possible to have an Elite category of 2-3 Squadrons in addition to having the regular Jf-17s ?

Thank You - Much Obliged ! :)
Are you talking about BLOCK II Man we need to speed up BLOCK II project and start its serial production by next year and I hope our economy recovers we need to go for 270 JF-17 Block II by 2025 with more than 150 J-10B other wise disaster is in waiting

@Armstrong what help would RCS reduction be when fuel tanks and long range missiles are hanging with the airframe?

It is my considered opinion that JF-17 is only a stop gap measure for maritime defence. We actually need twin engine long range behemoths to do an effective job. With comparatively limited range, load, and avionics, JF-17 would struggle to defend own territory.

I do not think that we can afford twin engine long range strikers. But that is what is needed to get the job done and keep IN at bay.

@Armstrong what help would RCS reduction be when fuel tanks and long range missiles are hanging with the airframe?

It is my considered opinion that JF-17 is only a stop gap measure for maritime defence. We actually need twin engine long range behemoths to do an effective job. With comparatively limited range, load, and avionics, JF-17 would struggle to defend own territory.

I do not think that we can afford twin engine long range strikers. But that is what is needed to get the job done and keep IN at bay.
any news about JF-17 thunder block 2 and 3 are they in production or not please help me and when will we see block 2 and 3 :help:

Block II will be in Pakistan really soon INSHALLAH and BLOCK 3 is just the concept no work started on it yet

Block II will be in Pakistan really soon INSHALLAH and BLOCK 3 is just the concept no work started on it yet

What sorts of improvements there will be as compared to blk I?

Beta wait for news. PAF is not in the business of Forum entertainment. What does it matter whether or not you know about Block II and / or Block III? Makes no difference. Better respect the need for controlling information. Senior members only leak information as appropriate.

you missed the first line of my post, now stay on topic plz. open other threads in relevant forums to praise mki.
Sir, I had no intention to make an offtopic post. I merely corrected you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom