What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
they have to redesign the nose anyway to lower the RCS !!!

Its very difficult to re-design single components when dealing with something as complex as an aircraft- specially increasing the internal volume (but Oscar sir will know better). Nor will frontal RCS see a reduction and stealth be enhanced through just a simple reshaping of the nose. FS/SFBP materials for the radome will have to be used, flush air sensors, better RAM/RAS, most definitely an AESA array.
@Oscar seemed to be the logical reason- we had a hard enough time integrating the home built air-cooled LSTAR on to the platform. According to a fellow at CABS- which is the prime systems integrator- they were operating at close to one possible stroke per fellow per day throughout the process.:hang2:

Ironically ISRO already has the hang of this process, but then when have we made things easier for ourselves?:D

What's the solution btw?

Last edited by a moderator:
Many articles and Official statements suggest that PAF is not satisfied with the current RCS and that they are working on it !!!

Surprisingly, i have always come across exactly opposite statements and articles.

Surprisingly, i have always come across exactly opposite statements and articles.

Whatever PAF induct they call it super duper.without a single criticizing article from there side.i dont know why
Sometime criticizing is good as well.e.g Indian air force

In PAF case "Jo mill gya usey maqaddar samajh lia"

New EW suite. French to be exact.
1 JF-17 on loan to the Chinese. For their new engine trials. Expected time to mature ~ 5 years.
Tuned Avionics, upgraded hardware. Upgrades Software. Extra Target Tracking (hopeful).

There is picture of JF-17 PT-04 in china. It was rumoured that, it was there for testing AWAC integration with ZDK-03

they have to redesign the nose anyway to lower the RCS !!!

Wont help much. It is not the plane alone. You have to think pof what happens when you hang its crown jewels out in the air for all to see. What are you going to do then? So let JFT be what it is--- a 4th generation plane capable of carying MRAAMs(SD10)and allowing a cheap alternative for the fleet replacement which PAF desperately needs. All the low visibility /stealth features can wait for the j31. Dont try mending that which is not broke.
Araz

Wont help much. It is not the plane alone. You have to think pof what happens when you hang its crown jewels out in the air for all to see. What are you going to do then? So let JFT be what it is--- a 4th generation plane capable of carying MRAAMs(SD10)and allowing a cheap alternative for the fleet replacement which PAF desperately needs. All the low visibility /stealth features can wait for the j31. Dont try mending that which is not broke.
Araz

I disagree with you slightly here regarding stealth. Yes off-course, it is not feasible to change the current airframe to a stealth one. But Stealth block is on the paper. May be after 250 JF-17s inductions it will show up. Refer to the promotional video of PAC Kamra, which was also shared on this very thread couple of months back.

Regards.

done, SD-10 is a certified weapon on jft.

well i am tried of listening from some that sd-10 is intergated and from others its not :hitwall:

designing to lower RCS wouldnt count much in my opinion due to advancement of radars, awacs etc..we should invest in J-31 for that purpose

I disagree with you slightly here regarding stealth. Yes off-course, it is not feasible to change the current airframe to a stealth one. But Stealth block is on the paper. May be after 250 JF-17s inductions it will show up. Refer to the promotional video of PAC Kamra, which was also shared on this very thread couple of months back.

Regards.
The cost of rsdesigning would be prohibitive. Why not keep it simple and buy the rights to build J31 in house. That would be more sensible approach
Araz

The cost of rsdesigning would be prohibitive. Why not keep it simple and buy the rights to build J31 in house. That would be more sensible approach
Araz

I agree with need to induct a stealth platform and that it should be manufactured in-house.

However, I would stress the need to reduce JF-17's RCS as much as possible while keeping the expense within certain limits. Every little bit helps, and it does not matter what RCS is contributed by missiles attached to JF-17. Lowering RCS is important for its own sake and the argument about aircraft attachments contributing to RCS is not decisive in my opinion. How much does a single SD-10 contribute? What difference would be made by two BVR and two WVR missiles? Anything beyond that should be eliminated as much as possible. If JF-17's small size counts as a strength, then we might as well make it matter by lowering RCS as much as possible without going broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom