What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
AESA radar..:o maybe not in block 2....maybe in block 3...
well am also concerned ocer 100 Kn engine...
IRST is ok and all other upgrades mentioned are also due...
well it is also chance that PAF purchase AESA radars their selves bt i dont think it will be attached by default in block 2...

Dude, your wish list is too sketchy... these things aren't going to be in BII. There is another game being player. Pakistan might just transition from JFT Block I to a bigger platform that would make more sense and the platform will be a combo of jets between 4.5 and 5 gen (from J-10, J11 to J31). This would make ultimate sense to have more credible weapons.
JFT with slight more mods, is still a gen or two ahead of what its replacing and has decent BVR and electronic capability. If the PAF replaces it's older jets with JFT Block 1, you introduced a much potent platform. Then add the 4.5 and 5 gen combo and you'll have the right mix. So you may not see the AESA's and other goodies on Block II. As these may come in within the medium-high combo of 4.5 - 5 gen jets

JF-17 an international success.

Overall Suleman says, should allow the air force to replace its older fleet (not necessarily one-for-one, given the much greater capability of the aircraft) at ‘one third’ to ‘one fourth’ the acquisition cost of any other modern fighter, with a similar savings in operating cost.

That is the crux of JF-17 program. Lesser number of aircraft with more capability than those serving in PAF fleet (Mirages, F-7, A-5). Above all is the independence and ease of maintenance that comes with JF-17.

According to the Russian media , the original contract for the fighters RD-93 engine covered 100 power plants with an option for 500 more, an uprated 20,500Ib.-thrust version , the RD-93MA is under development. Meanwhile one JF-17 is reported to be flying with the Guizhou WS-13 engine. – Aviation Week.
Now PAF need some better A-A capabilities in Thunder, few Mirages units for ground role can easily serve till 2020. No need for engine change in second batch, but its good to keep researching for engine modifications/replacement for third batch.

People seem to miss the point. Can't really see what the big fuss is about, i mean jf-17 is not like a car that a new model comes out every 3-4 years, with new lights and a flashy paint job. There are a number a things one should keep in mind, i.e., in a very short span, the jf-17 has come a long way. In roughly over a decade it has come from the drawing table to active service, our production facilities and R&D are in their infacy compared to seasoned producers of fighter aircraft around the world, it is already a true multi role platform with a true ability to engage a broad spectrum of targets in air,land, and the sea. There is no need to rock the boat. The F-16 was first built in 1974 and it is still being modified. I think PAF has a real gem at their hands, one which needs to polished carefully, to make it shine.

I just happened to watch a video on youtube,i searched Jf-17 and clicked some random video.i don't know why people start fighting on every single video there,in that video there were nearly 20-30 pages where 2 guys were fighting and flaming like kids,saying that my country is better your country ain't good and their comments were too racist to be seen.....

What happened to J10?

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-air-force/3218-j-10-fc-20-mrca-408.html#post3605792

I just happened to watch a video on youtube,i searched Jf-17 and clicked some random video.i don't know why people start fighting on every single video there,in that video there were nearly 20-30 pages where 2 guys were fighting and flaming like kids,saying that my country is better your country ain't good and their comments were too racist to be seen.....

Welcome to PDF and online war zone .... you will soon experience more of it.

131639a9bxs77s5te1b7p4.jpg

are these CM400 on JF17 real photo or PS?

To be fair, these were just kids who are just too used to ingame upgrades of their cars and planes between levels and not real life upgrades :D

Not all of them, I know even TTs that have claimed these things. That's actually the problem for us on forums, to distinguish between hearsay and reality of JF 17.

Not all of them, I know even TTs that have claimed these things. That's actually the problem for us on forums, to distinguish between hearsay and reality of JF 17.

TTs are also humans too, some of us hear from firsthand sources, and share what seems appropriate. Please pardon us if something we heard doesnt become reality.

Gosh! :D

TTs are also humans too, some of us hear from firsthand sources, and share what seems appropriate. Please pardon us if something we heard doesnt become reality.

Gosh! :D

Hi,

When the pedestal is high---the falls must hurt---. When you take the claim to be extra-ordinary---then the TT must learn to take it like a man---otherwise---take a bow----.

Hi,

When the pedestal is high---the falls must hurt---. When you take the claim to be extra-ordinary---then the TT must learn to take it like a man---otherwise---take a bow----.

As expected, who else could have said these "gems".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom