What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
New bit of info from Pshamim:

This news is at least 2 years old.

It was reported in 2010 that the PAF had increased the number of docks and that the PAF was also interested in HQ-18.

I apologise but am I missing something?

This news is at least 2 years old.

It was reported in 2010 that the PAF had increased the number of docks and that the PAF was also interested in HQ-18.

I apologise but am I missing something?

I dunno. Pshamim just posted it yesterday on Pakdef.

If not wrong then many members told me that PAF is planning or planned that they would induct JF-17 in three blocks with 50 aircraft of each block. If not wrong then we might have 36 operational and 14 are getting done at PAC. 50 block-II and 50 block-IIIs.
Alothough also heard that PAF wants to have a fleet of 350-400 Aircraft but most probably 350 that will include 150 JF-17s + 50 FC-20s + 150 F-16s(Block-15, 30 or 40 and 52)

Why suddenly sympathies with Iran? The world is not what you see. It is indeed a twisted place and men are shown (and made to believe) what the 'controllers' want to show (and believe).

We are not friends with Iran and they have their own Joint Ventures for air-craft building/development.

This is business. I asked because Iran's name in the list of potential export had been around for some time and you know it. For the rest of your post, there is no such thing as a 'friend'. If you ask me to give you a closest response to your random assumption, my reply will be, Iran is ranked as one of leading innovators the field of science and technology. Another effective point is, its our neighbour so in the future one can expect huge trades on each side. If we give them something, you should expect them to give us something valuable in return. I ask nothing but to make good use out of our potential benefit.

12 months ago i dared to suggest that it was almost impossible to induct more than one complete fighters sqd in one year

we r not saying that at all.

Link of Pakdef is just an Info regarding the HARM it does not state whether PAF acquired it or not.
Second link giving three + signs under year 2000, 2002, 2005 and no more details on the other hand it also state that by 2020 PAF will have 36 Block-52. Good credibility ....

Bro USA never gave any ARM to us, go read weapon package given to PAF with Block 15 & 52 at F-16.net.

Link of Pakdef is just an Info regarding the HARM it does not state whether PAF acquired it or not.
Second link giving three + signs under year 2000, 2002, 2005 and no more details on the other hand it also state that by 2020 PAF will have 36 Block-52. Good credibility ....

Bro USA never gave any ARM to us, go read weapon package given to PAF with Block 15 & 52 at F-16.net.

let me tell u a crazy story, both AIM-7 Sparrow and AGM-88 HARM were delivered but the 89 sanctions stopped delivery of radar upgrade to use these rounds!!!!!!!!

global security is wrong with the delivery years +++

let me tell u a crazy story, both AIM-7 Sparrow and AGM-88 HARM were delivered but the 89 sanctions stopped delivery of radar upgrade to use these rounds!!!!!!!!

global security is wrong with the delivery years +++

if they were delivered, would that mean they can now be used with the MLUed and Blk 52 F-16s?? or would the years of storage effect their operational capabilities?

if they were delivered, would that mean they can now be used with the MLUed and Blk 52 F-16s?? or would the years of storage effect their operational capabilities?

yes why not we can use them block-52 and MLU .

yes why not we can use them block-52 and MLU .

Because you would have to involve reps from LockMart and that would mean opening up the MAR-1 to them..
And hence you will compromise on both operational security and customer-company confidence.

Because you would have to involve reps from LockMart and that would mean opening up the MAR-1 to them..
And hence you will compromise on both operational security and customer-company confidence.

I am a little confused....what does Sparrow or Phoenix or HARM, etc have to do with MAR-1 on F-16's B 52? I think I missed something Oscar. I thought the question was that if PAF has Sparrow or HARM, etc, why can't those be used on F-16 B 52.

MAR-1 will be limited to JF-17 and Mirages in my opinion. Correct me if I am mistaken

It would be insane to believe that HARMS and SPARROWS cannot be used with APG-68V9! However, the question is, do we still need obsolete sparrows when we have AMRAAMS and SD-10s, not to forget the local version of R-Darter to get the job done?

Absolutely!

In fact, PAF deliberately went for MAR-1 because not only it gives more range, but a safer mode of operation, we can use existing HARMS after shelf life up gradation which i am sure PAF have done already but MAR-1 is exclusively a JFT asset.

No offence Guys

This quote is so annoying

12 months ago i dared to suggest that it was almost impossible to induct more than one complete fighters sqd in one year suggesting reasons of

Pilot training transformation
cost
maintenance and base up tooling
working and evolving a new combat doctrine

And was shot to peices with TROLL FEST jeal;usy and the usual childish comments

Here we are TODAY admitting the TOTAL SAME and not a mumour other than great post thank you :angry:

SF, i hope you remember that JFT entered service in 2007 and this is the first time that a squadron induction is delayed due to a lack of pilot availability, the point is that this has NOT happened for the last 3+ years! Hope you understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom