What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
lets say 3rd squarden is delayed because Pilot conversion and the other related problem
all together this is PAF headache

bt dnt knw why the PAC is delaying the JFT 2 production?
are there any serious upgrade coming up?

lets say 3rd squarden is delayed because Pilot conversion and the other related problem

What is the point of manufacturing if they can notbe entered in to active service immediately? Let the first three squadrons to be fully operational. Let the integration of new weapons to be completed. Let the JFT modifications to be completed. Manufacturing will start only when PAF places an order, This is not something you can make in advance and keep as inventory. Millitary armamant is not off the self stock, they are made to order.

Because you would have to involve reps from LockMart and that would mean opening up the MAR-1 to them..
And hence you will compromise on both operational security and customer-company confidence.

we were talking abut HARM not MAR-1 sir jee

let me tell u a crazy story, both AIM-7 Sparrow and AGM-88 HARM were delivered but the 89 sanctions stopped delivery of radar upgrade to use these rounds!!!!!!!!

global security is wrong with the delivery years +++

What is the point of manufacturing if they can notbe entered in to active service immediately? Let the first three squadrons to be fully operational. Let the integration of new weapons to be completed. Let the JFT modifications to be completed. Manufacturing will start only when PAF places an order, This is not something you can make in advance and keep as inventory. Millitary armamant is not off the self stock, they are made to order.

50 More JFT already ordered and deal signed with CAC as well in may 2011 i guess.

I can agree about the modification part

We keep saying that in previous pages, that the main problems are financial support. And another reason why it is delayed (by now, it must have been made public appearance) is the radar integration problems. This also suggests that a new radar is likely used.

We keep saying that in previous pages, that the main problems are financial support. And another reason why it is delayed (by now, it must have been made public appearance) is the radar integration problems. This also suggests that a new radar is likely used.

who, what where?

main issue is a OCU sqdn with a 2-seat trainer. remember while we ramp-up conversion of pilots to JFT, at the same time we are also ramping up conversion of pilots for the F-16 blk-52's. its easier on the latter as we have the F-16D available, not so for the JFT. i think the PAF planners have missed a important milestone in the JFT procurement plans. alternatively a an AJT should have been inducted like FT-2000 or L-15 or Hawk's.

who, what where?

main issue is a OCU sqdn with a 2-seat trainer. remember while we ramp-up conversion of pilots to JFT, at the same time we are also ramping up conversion of pilots for the F-16 blk-52's. its easier on the latter as we have the F-16D available, not so for the JFT. i think the PAF planners have missed a important milestone in the JFT procurement plans. alternatively a an AJT should have been inducted like FT-2000 or L-15 or Hawk's.

Sir jee, talking about Block II, not the induction of third squadron. :)
The new radar on Block II again took some problems in integration of weapons just like Block I did.

Sir jee, talking about Block II, not the induction of third squadron. :)
The new radar on Block II again took some problems in integration of weapons just like Block I did.

Well I am not sure where this "new radar" things came to your mind, but one thing is clear production lines haven't slowed down. Everything is going as planned, its just no announcement of third squadron that is creating these rumors.

Shortage of trained pilots is silliest rumor I have ever heard ... There was no shortage nor there is . It is just not been announced by PAF and that is wise.

Well I am not sure where this "new radar" things came to your mind, but one thing is clear production lines haven't slowed down. Everything is going as planned, its just no announcement of third squadron that is creating these rumors.

Please, I am talking about the Block II. Someone asked why is Block II not ready yet and I mentioned that integration of weapons with the radar took longer time than expected.

Please, I am talking about the Block II. Someone asked why is Block II not ready yet and I mentioned that integration of weapons with the radar took longer time than expected.

Block 2 ...block 2 ...Block 2 there is nothing so difference b/w both but IFR and 20km extra radar coverage. Every1 must know that block 1 is still awesome its not just a fighter that u neglect you should be thankful that just 3 years ago we never had any 4th gen fighter except f16 .... sabar tou karo yaar agar jf17 block 2 aye ga bhi tou wo foran publicly announce nai karege ...

Block 2 ...block 2 ...Block 2 there is nothing so difference b/w both but IFR and 20km extra radar coverage. Every1 must know that block 1 is still awesome its not just a fighter that u neglect you should be thankful that just 3 years ago we never had any 4th gen fighter except f16 .... sabar tou karo yaar agar jf17 block 2 aye ga bhi tou wo foran publicly announce nai karege ...

what IF new radar is going to be an AESA???

what IF new radar is going to be an AESA???
Block-2 for PAF will have AESA while the export version will have an upgrade KLJ..and no there are no shortages pilots...PAF like to keep the upgrades secret from others due to limited resources..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom