What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If AESA radar, JFT's nose have to make bigger nose to fit this radar system. So far, I know KLJ-7 final radar in JFT system, no confusion.

for radar most will agree that
nose size isnt the issue,
power isnt the issue,

only issue would
be avaliablity and cost

Don't believe the rumors of JF-17. They are purposely spread to keep your hearts elevated. Show me any Past rumor which has become true? JF-17 Program Director in clear terms stated. "We are happy with KLJ-7, There will be no AESA in Block-2". Guys we are already have shortage of funds. How you gonna fit AESA? With AESA you need Upgraded RD-93 with more thrust which needs Money? Use your brain guys before advocating something again and again and again.
Man guyz luv JF-17 so much that they can't compromise on its low quality gadgets/accessories....They want it to be on top of the line.They want it to have the best radar and avionics.so they feel happi in this kinda discussion with optimistic approach towards JF-17.Plz don't try to disappoint them at least......umm.....:smokin:

for radar most will agree that
nose size isnt the issue,
power isnt the issue,

only issue would
be avaliablity and cost

Prove that? Talk is cheap. If going by what everybody, said JF-17 would have IRST and retractable IFR by now in Block-2. Read RD-93 Specs, By Adding static IFR, There is a strain on RD-93 already, that's why they dropped the idea of retractable IFR because it was not feasible for RD-93. This is what Pshamim said. Now By further adding AESA, Do you want to compromise on JF-17 capabilities?

Man guyz luv JF-17 so much that they can't compromise on its low quality gadgets/accessories....They want it to be on top of the line.They want it to have the best radar and avionics.so they feel happi in this kinda discussion with optimistic approach towards JF-17.Plz don't try to disappoint them at least......umm.....:smokin:

This will cause disappointment in the end. Better to be save than sorry

528371_412711512113135_105212793_n.jpg

Downloading flight data in a rugged laptop by Test and Evaluation team for analysis, from the avionics shaft.

Images like that is breach of secrecy. No one should be allowed to take pictures and post on public forums like that.

power isnt the issue, most experts will believe that.
even with IFR and some minor changes the T/W ratio is far better than fighter say like Grrpen both NG and C, mirage 2000
especially when we consider good upgrades available for engine to take the thrust near 96 kn..
some guys even argue that AESA in end might consume less power than a traditional Mechanical steered array. also presumably AESA weighs less. correct me if i am wrong
P.S
i am not expert in this field just suggesting. how can i prove it??

what is the latest with respect to JF-17's KLJ-7 radar? Are there any plans to upgrade to a more capable one ?

RADAR change is coming IN BLOCK II for sure...

now its yet to be seen whether it comes an AESA or KLJv2...!

@ ramu

latest about KLJ-7 of block I is that they have tweaked the range and enhanced it upto 130 km against fighter sized object..!

power isnt the issue, most experts will believe that.
even with IFR and some minor changes the T/W ratio is far better than fighter say like Grrpen both NG and C, mirage 2000
especially when we consider good upgrades available for engine to take the thrust near 96 kn..
some guys even argue that AESA in end might consume less power than a traditional Mechanical steered array. also presumably AESA weighs less. correct me if i am wrong
P.S
i am not expert in this field just suggesting. how can i prove it??

That's the maximum thrust.... JF-17 will not operate on maximum thrust always . That's why i said there is a operating thrust of JF-17 b/w 60-80 KN. Now with operating thrust and put all other weapon load. Internal EW systems. Radar, and maneuverability. It will surely effect JF-17 performance.

I

That's the maximum thrust.... JF-17 will not operate on maximum thrust always . That's why i said there is a operating thrust of JF-17 b/w 60-80 KN. Now with operating thrust and put all other weapon load. Internal EW systems. Radar, and maneuverability. It will surely effect JF-17 performance.

I

no aircraft always operates at full thrust so jf-17 is no exception here.

can any one plz compare AESA and KLJ-7.if we are getting KLJ-7 is it good or not?

can any one plz compare AESA and KLJ-7.if we are getting KLJ-7 is it good or not?

i think no body knows the specs of KLJv2 as of now,
but its quite obvious that AESA will be better than KLJv2..(if going to be employed)

by the way KLJv2 can meet the requirements,i think,if not more but 20-30 km range is increased in v2 then its more than good..!!!

no aircraft always operates at full thrust so jf-17 is no exception here.

That's what i'm trying to say from last couple of posts. RD-93 will be over stretched if Aesa, Extra hardpoint, IRST or any other weight consuming or power consuming thing is added to JF-17 and will put a negative effect on JF-17. Already Maximum thrust of RD-93 is 86 KN~

but we are not getting extra hardpoints, nor nay extended range. also merly a fixed refueling probe..these things really dont stretch the engine ..
secondly we really dont know whats the max thrust we have figures from 86-96kn...??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom