What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it real or photo shopped
319884_469159249777930_304267489600441_99781018_1669875172_n.jpg

There have been several pictures of SD-10s. Additionally, SD-10s have been shown at every exhibition showing JF-17. Even several pages in this thread show pictures of JF-17 with SD-10.

Unfortunately, I am surprised to see some still questioning old news. By the way, here is a Chinese video of SD-10 test on a jf-17

JF-17 Thunder (SD-10/PL-12 BVR test + Kamra avionics factory) - YouTube

Also, this page at *********** shows some pictures of JF-17 and SD-10.
http://www.****************/pictures/jf-17-thunderpak/p45591-jf-17-with-sd-10-bvr.html

Thanks Shamim Sahab. Hopefully this would end this debate about bvr integrated or not integrated. Although those people who are under delusion that PAF could have bought Gripen would still question it after some time.

An aim-120 is under $200,000. Difficult to pin point what SD-10 costs but is farless and price to Pakistan is less than what some one else will pay for it.

SD-10A was already integrated, Now we are going for upgrade to 10B. At this point and time, I am more interested in SD-10N as Chinese reported some time back.have no information since. I do not know what this version, its mission or performance is. But I think that it may very well be part of discussions in the future if Pakistan opts for it.

An aim-120 is under $200,000. Difficult to pin point what SD-10 costs but is farless and price to Pakistan is less than what some one else will pay for it.

SD-10A was already integrated, Now we are going for upgrade to 10B. At this point and time, I am more interested in SD-10N ABN as Chinese reported some time back.have no information since.

ABN? Further improvement over the B version?

SD-10A was already integrated, Now we are going for upgrade to 10B. At this point and time, I am more interested in SD-10N as Chinese reported some time back.have no information since.

Just a future roadmap.. nothing more yet..the "horse's mouths" are more interested in the B since their experiences with the A has been very good,

No, that was a typo. I have revised my post. Please read it again. Thanks

No N version is different that the B. I cannot verify. It seems to be shrouded in mystery.
I had heard that is has only 25km range but a maximum tange of 50 km with boosters. Cannot confirm but they did say that it was to protect against an ABN attack.

Really cant say anything with confidence.

SD-10A was already integrated, Now we are going for upgrade to 10B. At this point and time, I am more interested in SD-10N as Chinese reported some time back.have no information since.

Mr.Shamim a Question : Why hasn't PAC taken advantage of our low costs and an ever improving skill set to entice the Chinese into out-sourcing some of these manufacturing concerns to Pakistan ? Perhaps if the SD-10A is going to be superseded by the SD-10B then why didn't we offer ourselves (I'm assuming that they didn't) as a viable entity to continue producing them on a profit sharing basis with China ? Or atleast that some of the components of one of these missiles be manufactured in Pakistan !

What I'm trying to say is that why haven't we tried to go (I'm assuming that we didn't) for much greater integration with CAC or some of the other Chinese manufacturers and manufacture some of the stuff that the Chinese themselves don't use and isn't that high-tech anymore either but it still attracts a limited but decent audience ? Surely some bit of diplomacy and a good profit sharing agreement could have achieved that ?

SD-10A was already integrated, Now we are going for upgrade to 10B. At this point and time, I am more interested in SD-10N as Chinese reported some time back.have no information since. I do not know what this version, its mission or performance is. But I think that it may very well be part of discussions in the future if Pakistan opts for it.

ARMRAAM Costs more than 1 million in 2010

c8af593c5d19.jpg

Pakistan purchased 500 C5 version at 2007price .
Pakistan paid a lesser price due to large for an overstocked inventory which was going to be replaced by C-7 and D version.
It did get a very good deal because of the prevailing situation in AFPAK region at the time.
It was a FMS sales and not a commercial purchase as India makes and pays a heavy price.

Pakistan purchased 500 C5 version at 2007price .
Pakistan paid a lesser price due to large for an overstocked inventory which was going to be replaced by C-7 and D version.
It did get a very good deal because of the prevailing situation in AFPAK region at the time.
It was a FMS sales and not a commercial pyrchase as India does.

IN case people want to know..

The AMRAAM P3I (Pre-Planned Product Improvement) program led to the AIM-120C, first delivered in 1996. The major new feature of the basic AIM-120C (P3I Phase 1) are the clipped wings and fins. Although this feature was introduced to allow carriage in the internal weapons bays of the F/A-22 Raptor, the -120C can also be used from other AMRAAM-capable aircraft. The guidance unit of the AIM-120C is upgraded to WGU-44/B standard. The first P3I Phase 2 missile is the AIM-120C-4 (first delivered in 1999), which has an improved WDU-41/B warhead. The AIM-120C-5 is a C-4 with a slightly larger motor in the new WPU-16/B propulsion section and a new shorter WCU-28/B control section with compressed electronics and ECCM upgrades. Deliveries of the AIM-120C-5 began in July 2000. It was followed on the production line by the AIM-120C-6, which features an updated TDD (Target Detection Device). The AIM-120C-7 (P3I Phase 3), development of which has begun in 1998, incorporates improved ECCM with jamming detection, an upgraded seeker, and longer range. The latter feature was specifically requested by the U.S. Navy to get a (somewhat) suitable replacement for the AIM-54 Phoenix very-long range missile, which was then planned to be retired together with the F-14D Tomcat around 2007 (actual official retirement was already in September 2004). The AIM-120C-7 was successfully tested against combat-realistic targets in August and September 2003, and IOC was then planned for 2004. This has slipped somewhat, but as of early 2006, the AIM-120C-7 is beginning to be fielded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom