What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, what ever became of the Darter project, there was a lot on the air waves including Denel offering some joint venture.
SAAF is arming it's Grippens with this weapon.

Denel offers Pakistan missile deal

for those who have doubt we don't care them its confirm and as we seen pictures was taken of upgraded Darter in Pakistan by new name of black arrow

my older post on it

0003-1.jpg
aamdarterr.jpg
[/QUOTE][/IMG]

for those who have doubt we don't care them its confirm and as we seen pictures was taken of upgraded Darter in Pakistan by new name of black arrow

my older post on it

can you post the pictures that were taken in Pakistan?
Thanks

No, that was a typo. I have revised my post. Please read it again. Thanks

No N version is different that the B. I cannot verify. It seems to be shrouded in mystery.
I had heard that is has only 25km range but a maximum tange of 50 km with boosters. Cannot confirm but they did say that it was to protect against an ABN attack.

Really cant say anything with confidence.

ABN attack?? :confused:

Guys, what ever became of the Darter project, there was a lot on the air waves including Denel offering some joint venture.
SAAF is arming it's Grippens with this weapon.

Denel offers Pakistan missile deal
Pakistan did enter into a deal with Denel and acquired several members of the Denel Darter family with ToT (modified by Pak according to PAF requirements). They include both BVRAAM and PGMs. I've paraphrased Pshamim's words below:

This is R-Darter:
281f9k.jpg

and this is the Pakistani copy (taken by Pshamim):
286pfs.jpg

Pakistan's copy is extensively modified. It is more agile, has improved maneuverability, a superior seeker and is far more lethal.
Seeker has been improved in Pakistan. Range is 100KM+ (around 120KM). It's called the "Crescent Arrow."

Ohh looky here too: New BVR missile (Pakistan) (Pakistan) - Jane's Air-Launched Weapons

what are the details for black arrow..i mean its specification?
and will it be integrated with thunder?

what are the details for black arrow..i mean its specification?
and will it be integrated with thunder?

sir jee its still very effective and surprise for foe in air combat even seniors of PAF refuse to open their mouth on it . so forget more details . i remember sir murad post he said IF PAF WAN'T TO KEEP IT SECRET WHOM I AM TO TALK ON IT ?.

sir jee its still very effective and surprise for foe in air combat even seniors of PAF refuse to open their mouth on it . so forget more details . i remember sir murad post he said IF PAF WAN'T TO KEEP IT SECRET WHOM I AM TO TALK ON IT ?.

Imran Bhai...i think it's called the Crescent Arrow, not Black Arrow (according to sir Pshamim).

That project is still a dead end mystery.. like many pragmatic projects in the PAF..killed off by quicker solutions.
Some say it lives.. some say it died with the AMRAAM and SD-10..
The mysteries that linger in halls of places such as SPD and NDC.. will surprise many here..
The day they ever come to light.. will put many myths to rest..
some exaggeration will be put to nought.. and others shown to be much more than what was let on.

Imran Bhai...i think it's called the Crescent Arrow, not Black Arrow (according to sir Pshamim).

may be you are right sir jee its now 3 years old so i forget it .no matter the name but its R.DARTER and improved in pakistan . its still effective on rose .just think rose with IFR BVR AND Exocet FLIR at night naval attack mission or CAP mission .

looking at this thread..it looks like PAF has sufficient BVR capabilities...
so why all this criticism on PAF?
Looks like they are doing fine.

looking at this thread..it looks like PAF has sufficient BVR capabilities...
so why all this criticism on PAF?
Looks like they are doing fine.

It is in the nature of man to angrily reject what he does not know about..

That project is still a dead end mystery.. like many pragmatic projects in the PAF..killed off by quicker solutions.
Some say it lives.. some say it died with the AMRAAM and SD-10..
The mysteries that linger in halls of places such as SPD and NDC.. will surprise many here..
The day they ever come to light.. will put many myths to rest..
some exaggeration will be put to nought.. and others shown to be much more than what was let on.

My dear the presence of H-2 & H-4 does lend some credibility to it being alive and kicking.
A very credible source also reported SA supplying Pakistan with at least one stand off weapon. ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom