What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please educate me and let me know how many planes come in 1 squardon? and so far how many Jf17 already pkaistan build.

My second question is when is Pakistan planning to induct J10-b? thanks in advance.

depends, upon country , squadron role , fighter availibility--- ranging from 12 to 24 fighters

paf has built 2 squadrons worth of fighters , meaning around 30 [21made + 9near completion]--- but the 2nd squadron has not had the official induction ceremony yet

paf squadron have somewhat 18 fighters
j10b--- 2013

And probably one day we & China will land on moon as well?:cheers:

And what would be the notions, in your quoted post, that you are pointing at with your statement???

Can someone please educate me and let me know how many planes come in 1 squardon? and so far how many Jf17 already pkaistan build.

My second question is when is Pakistan planning to induct J10-b? thanks in advance.

Well a squadron may consist anywhere from 14 to 21 aircrafts. Really depends on the air force and the squadron. So far we have built 21 JF-17s with 9 more in final stages. A new squadron is expected to be raised in March 2011.

The estimated time for J-10b's induction is around 2013.

Hope this helps :cheers:

Edit: place your bets on what Antibody said.

Last edited:
sir fatman indicated that paf is allocated for 21 squadrons---

sir murad indicated that there is no deficiency of airbases or pilots-- only need to add more fighters / sqd

Machoman , you can google the info, even look at wiki for paf fighter aircrafts distribution, and go through jf17 info pool thread

one thing important to add from my side-- ive no internal sources, only theinfo from various forums

Some post from pakdef forum :
by Munir
Already produces and active + final stages + to be produced = 50.
x + 21 + 9 = 50
So we probably have 20 ready now. Which seems to be in line with what I wrote earlier... Production 2010 batch numbers 117-129.

by,EagleHannan
Yet again, great Munir sahib brought correct news, Confirmed from my contacts. We have already expanded the production capability as posibility of export is very fair and since Chinese production lines for FC-1 are at present limited, PAC might support it for major parts. Confirmation on this from Chinese side is pending. IN that case, production lines will be further expanded. It's good that this time around, we'll be helping Chinese as well.
The 21 Munir sahib mentioned are ready. Status is confirmed. I wonder why there is no ceremony held so far for formal induction. Its already Month's end. INshallah after 31st, there would be more good news.

Some post from pakdef forum :
by Munir
Already produces and active + final stages + to be produced = 50.
x + 21 + 9 = 50

Now that is interesting!
So we are already hitting almost 50 mark :woot:

what if the Block II is nt ready and the 50's are already inducted.

will they will stop the production lines or will continue manufacturing the jf-17 block 1

Hi Mr. Farhan_9909, I highly doubt the PAF would close the production line. They just added 2 more jigs to ramp up production.

Moreover, reopening a closed down production line is extremely expensive. For example, simply restarting the South African Roivalk attack helicopter production line is estimated to cost 1B dollars (hence no sales to this date).

It depends what part of the Block II would get delayed. For example, other parts of the plane could still be built and held for future assembly, or production could be simply slowed down. But a temporary shutting down of the line would be to expensive in the long run. Take care.

Hi Mr. Farhan_9909, I highly doubt the PAF would close the production line. They just added 2 more jigs to ramp up production.

Moreover, reopening a closed down production line is extremely expensive. For example, simply restarting the South African Roivalk attack helicopter production line is estimated to cost 1B dollars (hence no sales to this date).

It depends what part of the Block II would get delayed. For example, other parts of the plane could still be built and held for future assembly, or production could be simply slowed down. But a temporary shutting down of the line would be to expensive in the long run. Take care.

Man you scaring me :argh::cry::argh:

Can't the block 1 aircrafts be upgraded to block 2 versions, shutting down or even slowing down the production lines doesn't make any sense.

elite-falcon07

Last edited:
it might be that we have lot jf17's but paf has kept that secret jst to hide frm enemies spies

i admire ur optimisim but friend check the link of jf 17 blk 2 ull see same aircraft pick with different weapons and loads u r new hear ull get to see a lot of photo shop which looks real ,any way welcome to PDF :pakistan:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom