What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
10133238b.jpg

No official words till now

The same was the perception for the J-20.
Indian bloggers were referring to it as a paper plane.

The JF-17 has recently entered service, in due course it will mature into a formidable platform and no doubt will go through various stages of enhanced airframe and avionics.

No official words till now

why do you guys can't come out of this "official word" mentality. Its a completely change Pakistan military against Indian DRDO which is notorious for giving advance dates for testing ,"in two years, in 5 years, in just a year, in 10 years" :P

Jan 26/11: Iraqi Government spokesman Ali al-Dabbagh tells a press conference that the Council of Ministers has approved the purchase of 18 F-16s, and budgeted an unspecified sum. Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki who is also the acting Defense Minister, would negotiate the deal’s final parameters. There has been talk of a $13 billion weapons buy, which would include the existing DSCA request for F-16IQs, but no confirmation as yet.

The USA will reportedly deliver the F-16s to Iraq within 2-3 years, but in the meantime, and even for some time thereafter, Iraq will not be able to police its own airspace effectively. Iraq Order of Battle author DJ Elliott believes that 2018 would be the earliest. The French are presenting a complementary offer of upgraded Mirage F1s, and DJ Elliott reports that the Iraqis may also be looking at a 3rd option: China & Pakistan’s JF-17 Thunder. Iraq-Business News | DJ Elliott’s Montrose Toast | UPI | Saudi Arab News re: Iraqi readiness.

Hi, I heard the Iraqis had reduced the number of F-16s, and were looking at refurbished older French Air Force Mirage-2000s (Air Forces Monthly). I highly doubt the US will let Iraq buy the JF-17. Take care.

I tried searching all over...can some one tell me what is the sustained AoA of the JFT?

The most important thing to remember about AOA is that the amount of lift the aircraft is producing is roughly proportional to the angle of attack times the square of your airspeed. What this means is simple - if you are flying slow, you will need to maintain a higher angle of attack in order to keep the airplane in level flight. If you maintain a constant angle of attack while slowing down, the aircraft will begin to descend. Likewise, if you maintain an angle of attack while speeding up, the aircraft will begin to climb.

In Support of 1991 F-16 High-Angle-of-Attack (AOA) Flight. Improvement Project: (CFD) Modeling of Vortex -Shedding from NACA
http://www.izmiraerospace.com/presentations/2_ArsevEraslan.pdf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom