What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, to follow up on Mr. MK's point. I am hoping the PAF can leverage some of the developing technologies from the J-20 stealth aircraft. I am not saying the JF-17 can be made into a stealth aircraft, but rather its RCS (radar cross-section) could be cut down. This could be accomplished by using RAM materials/paint, non-protuding antennas, a redesigned nose, etc. Regardless, I am excited about the future Block II and III versions. Take care.

Sir TaimiKhan ,
What are the capabilities of JF-17 in "Mist or Foggy weather".
(Can JF-17 strike in this Condition's?)

Hi, to follow up on Mr. MK's point. I am hoping the PAF can leverage some of the developing technologies from the J-20 stealth aircraft. I am not saying the JF-17 can be made into a stealth aircraft, but rather its RCS (radar cross-section) could be cut down. This could be accomplished by using RAM materials/paint, non-protuding antennas, a redesigned nose, etc. Regardless, I am excited about the future Block II and III versions. Take care.

I still remember a post by nabil05 saying that JFT is already using RAM coatings

Sir TaimiKhan ,
What are the capabilities of JF-17 in "Mist or Foggy weather".
(Can JF-17 strike in this Condition's?)

Hi Mr. Mughaljee, the JF-17 has been displayed with the WMD-7 day/night targeting pod at Farnborough and Zuhai. I am assuming this pod can handle targeting in all types of weather conditions, including adverse ones. Take care.

China National Aero-Technology Import & Export Corporation - Airborne EO Equipment

Well in fog or misty kind of conditions, the performance of FLIR does goes down, it can't perform at its best, but that depends on the version. One of the reason JDAM was developed that the laser designator could not work or mark its target in bad whether, clouds, smoke, thus to overcome this problem, JDAM was ideal since it did not needed laser guidance.

The latest of the pods may have a better working performance or their best performance in such conditions, but don't know about what WMD-7 can do.

In such conditions, the radar can work and provide ground target details if it has good SAR ability and a good resolution of the mapping done through SAR.

But yeah, these military targeting pods are good at looking through fog, smoke or clouds as it works on heat identification.

JF-17 with a FLIR for navigation can work at any kind of condition.

Mirages gone through ROSE upgrade having FLIR under their noses are meant for ground attack role and are fully capable to perform low flying capability due to their ability to see at night through the FLIR they have.

27_5847_02a66fbff7e571f.jpg

27_5847_fec2f2a14ee4722.jpg

WMD-7 has performed better than expected in all weather, foggy, day night conditions in China and Pakistan. It has replaced Chinese legacy pods and is now the standard targeting pod in PLAAF service. In PAF, it falls between the SNIPER, ATLIS, slightly inferior than former, much enhanced than latter. Should be on par with Litenning 2 at least.

WMD-7 has performed better than expected in all weather, foggy, day night conditions in China and Pakistan. It has replaced Chinese legacy pods and is now the standard targeting pod in PLAAF service. In PAF, it falls between the SNIPER, ATLIS, slightly inferior than former, much enhanced than latter. Should be on par with Litenning 2 at least.
Nabil...

Do WMD 7 require one of the hard point which are already 7 or there is separate space for WMD 7??

Whats the difference between JF-17 and FC-1???

I saw i other thread that BD finally decided to go for FC-1.

Whats the difference between JF-17 and FC-1???

I saw i other thread that BD finally decided to go for FC-1.

FC-1 is the Chinese designation, and the export orders would most probably be equipped with all Chinese equipment, while JF-17 is the designation used by PAF, which is a customized version having western, pakistani and Chinese equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom