What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is what i have worked out
hasnain0099-albums-wallpaper-blaw-blaw-blaw-picture4306-t1ioc.jpg

That thing is called LERX, or Leading Edge Root Extensions
These generates vortex Lift at lower speeds, allowing exceptionally high Alpha, or Angle of Attack.

A Leading edge extension is a small extension to an aircraft wing surface, forward of the leading edge.

Leading edge extension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
princeiftikharmirza-albums-jft-edited-picture4308-user11178-pic4306-1293914874.jpg

Ok Hasnain check this out ... in ur picture I have added the picture above ... and check these highlighted features ...

1. totally changed nose cone more like having stealth features neither in 1st 1 nor in 2nd ...

2. Seems to be similar or more blended DSI intakes as in top 1 not present in the middle 1 ...

3. Convex strakes (Neither I was confirmed its from Wiki :D) leading edge root extensions, which generate a vortex that has the effect of providing more lift to the wing at high angles of attack encountered during combat manoeuvres ...

4. ECM Present in top and bottom picture but not in middle 1 ...

5. Stabilizers below are looking longer and thinner ...

That's what me think this is may be a newer version ... but its smaller Convex Strakes makes me thinking may be this is the version before final 1 ...

I am no expert but the difference is their and we have experts here at Defence.pk ... so please any buddy can explain ... I highly appreciate ...

Last edited:
In simple words the one who photoshopped this bubble canopy on jf-17 may not have the knowledge of bubble canopy being a single piece one so he made a mistake in photoshopping ,if it had been real pic probably you would have seen bubble canopy with single piece ,that was my point .

Rest ALLAH knows best
Hmm you mean next badge will be carrying bubble canopy hmmmm interesting ... :cool:

Hmm you mean next badge will be carrying bubble canopy hmmmm interesting ... :cool:

nah i never said that, i said that in case if it would have been real............

what next block brings nobody knows but i don't think there would be any structural changes in next block apart from IFR ,third block might have some of them but not the second one

Current canopy gives a good all round view as is the case in most modern fighters. Bubble canopy, as good as it is, also comes with additional drag and has its share of disadvantages and some airframe modifications will also be required. So far, at least, i never heard of a bubble canopy option on the JFT but i could be wrong.

I am interested here in the "greater than Mach 5" speed!! .... ... and how it relates to the range considering it is "only greater than 70km". I want to bring this speed in the discussion and how it comapres with other missiles and their ranges.

At 156kg and Mach 4, the maximum kinetic energy for the AIM-120 = 144.481 megajoules.

At 199kg and Mach 5, the maximum kinetic energy for the SD-10 = 287.555 megajoules.

The SD-10 has twice the kinetic energy and with an indentical body (???) it is interesting that the SD-10 will not have at least the same range!!!

Any thoughts?

2l9nx5g.jpg

I am interested here in the "greater than Mach 5" speed!! .... ... and how it relates to the range considering it is "only greater than 70km". I want to bring this speed in the discussion and how it comapres with other missiles and their ranges.

At 156kg and Mach 4, the maximum kinetic energy for the AIM-120 = 144.481 megajoules.

At 199kg and Mach 5, the maximum kinetic energy for the SD-10 = 287.555 megajoules.

The SD-10 has twice the kinetic energy and with an indentical body (???) it is interesting that the SD-10 will not have at least the same range!!!

Any thoughts?

2l9nx5g.jpg

My thoughts:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/wmd-missiles/81157-sd-10-vs-aim-120-latest-versions-9.html#post1382786

TK,

Tempest has brought up an interesting engineering issue. What is becoming evident is that the americans are at the top of their game---smaller, better, more efficient, performance wise, weight wise, capability wise, in range, in target acquisition and percentage of kill ratio.

This engineering capability has 60 plus years of labour behind it--of top notch world class---scientists---who were and are the leaders of missile technology---scientists who set the standards and wrote the standards of which the american missiles are known by.

Now the interesting thing about the chinese is that they acknowledge the fact about the supremacy of the american weaponery--they know what it can do---they know their own short comings "and they are waiting----to get a bite of the morsel--someone will feed them the info andthey they will run with it".

Or Chinese could have not disclosed the range of their missile coz it is surprise factor foe everybody .............. American technology is no doubt very advanced but we cannot under estimate SD-10 a missile defending Chinas own air space .

I think we can rely on them and PAF guys know what they are up to and what they are against.
As temptest mentioned the knietic energy i think the range of SD-10 could be easily 120+km .............but this is just my thoughts

Now the interesting thing about the chinese is that they acknowledge the fact about the supremacy of the american weaponery--they know what it can do---they know their own short comings "and they are waiting----to get a bite of the morsel--someone will feed them the info andthey they will run with it".

I agree .... ... and this goes for other technologies like tanks, the J-20, satellites, etc. I work in research and have worked in the US for US companies. They know you have to study and understnad your rival's products and technology and if they are ahead of you, YOU LEARN (COPY) FROM THEM. (just make sure you make minor changes to avoid copyright/patent infringments). The term used for copy parts if "will fit". It would have take the originator 5 years and lots of $$ to perfect a technology, and the rival will produce a "will fit" in 6 months at a fraction of the costs.

So where the USA lead the world and took 20 years to develop stealth technology, don't expect the new kids on the block to take as long or to spend as much money.

Last edited:
Tempest,

That analogy is very correct---it is always the first time---that is the problem. Once you cross over the hurdle---it becomes easier.

The chinese have limitations---but they are not id-iots---. One of their major problems is that as they are not the innovators---that creates a major problem in creativity and creative thinking. But that is only good for pride and feel good.

im looking forward to a day when AESA comes in JF 17 boy it will make JF 17 as capable as any 4th generation fighter jet and i want to ask you that current radar in JF 17 is better radar than our F 16 or what

im looking forward to a day when AESA comes in JF 17 boy it will make JF 17 as capable as any 4th generation fighter jet and i want to ask you that current radar in JF 17 is better radar than our F 16 or what

Actually AESA is not God sent my man. An AESA with LPI i great. But right now there are only 4 countries who make it and one is not even fully operational. A great PESA radar is more than enough for the JF 17. An AN/APG 80 onboard the JSF costs you around 6-7 million dollars. Just think the JF will lose it's main advantage of low cost and it would shoot up to a costlier aircraft.

And yes the AN/APG 68 V9 is a better radar and has better resolution than the KLJ 7. So the KLJ 10 that is on PAF JF 17 is an inferior radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom