What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting info form Eagle Hannan

I knew it Janes was wrong. I did point it out. The displayed SD-10A was not the one Pakistan opted for nor was it the latest one. I remember very clearly the team that evaluated SD-10 back in 2006 telling me that this missile was tested in Pakistan over a Mirrage (yes Mirrage. And Pakistan did acquire many missiles to test back in 2007 because of of experience with SD-10. 3 different ones including Darter as well) and they were not very happy with the weight and anti-jamming capability. It was SD-10A they tested again in 2008 and finally other options for JF-17 was dropped in the favour of SD-10B. It will be lighter and much more potent.
The whole avionic thing for thunder was pending back in 2007 just because of the BVR options. R-Darter was not selected because the manufacturer was suffering from economic crunch and did not show good promise in future development. Honestly, I thank Allah for helping us in our decissions because the Denel Dynamics did offer us partnership in development but we held back. At that time, it looked like we made a mistake but now its clear that Denel Dynamics would have dragged us down if we were to do partnership with them and for sure would have made us dependant on Western Radar manufacturers presenting another headache of integrating home grown lot of weapons.
China on the other hand made much more faster progress in all sectors of miliatry jets including Missiles and Avionics. Look at the faster transission from SD-10 baseline to B model. The same team was full of phrase for it this time around. I can bet with this pace, siding up with China was best decission.
With that PL9C is also an interm solution. A western option (not sure which one) and an all new Chinese option is on the table. Yet again Chinese Vs West is on for the next block of JF-17 for SRAAM. PL9C will serve on F7PGs for as long as they are in service.
Thunder's new batch is ready and already in testing Only induction announcement is left to be made.

I think the two competitors are south african A-Darter and PL-10 ASR:sniper:
I love both of them

27_66_e4e81a530dd7103.jpg

27_66_de9f565ceeb50d2.jpg

7059_200707311936112.jpg

Can some 1 please explain something about the above image ... it has been posted under J-20 Aircraft:News and Discussion thread ... it looks quite different then the current JFT its nose and other features ... If some 1 knows any thing please do share ... Sir Wangrong or sir Taimi Khan or any senior or junior member ... Thanks

Last edited:
7059_200707311936112.jpg

Can some 1 please explain something about the above image ... it has been posted under J-20 Aircraft:News and Discussion thread ... it looks quite different then the current JFT its nose and other features ... If some 1 knows any thing please do share ... Sir Wangrong or sir Taimi Khan or any senior or junior member ... Thanks

Its just a photoshop,nothing real in it dear

Its just a photoshop,nothing real in it dear
No dear its not photoshoped ... I've been working with graphics since 1995 ... but may be what written over it is photoshoped but not the whole plane ...

I am editing it ... I've seen the photo after writing this and I think this whole thing is not photo shoped ... but now I am going to save it on my DT and analyzed it again ... and yes Thanks for your comments ...

No dear its not photoshoped ... I've been working with graphics since 1995 ... but may be what written over it is photoshoped but not the whole plane ...

I am editing it ... I've seen the photo after writing this and I think this whole thing is not photo shoped ... but now I am going to save it on my DT and analyzed it again ... and yes Thanks for your comments ...

The tail ,intakes,stabilizer and fuselage part is the original thing but look at the canopy and the nose ,someone had played cleverly with it to give the plane a whole new look while keeping the rest body same .

princeiftikharmirza-albums-jft-edited-picture4305-front.jpg

This is an expanded frontal view which needs to be noticed ... It seems to be that if some 1 played with it then he tried to make it look like T-50 ... and if it is edited then this DSI part is making it suspicious ... but still doesn't look edited:confused:

Last edited:
princeiftikharmirza-albums-jft-edited-picture4305-front.jpg

This is an expanded frontal view which needs to be noticed ... It seems to be that if some 1 played with it then he tried to make it look like T-50 ...

the canopy looks like f-22's one but the thing to notice is that the canopy copied on jf-17 is not a single piece bubble canopy unlike f-22 or f-16 where the bubble canopy is always single piece .If the canopy would have been real one it would have been a single piece canopy not like the one in the pic

the canopy looks like f-22's one but the thing to notice is that the canopy copied on jf-17 is not a single piece bubble canopy unlike f-22 or f-16 where the bubble canopy is always single piece .If the canopy would have been real one it would have been a single piece canopy not like the one in the pic

Again as you mention Looks like f22 I think more like F-35 as its not a 1 piece ... and in later comment what you write is giving if its real 1 it may have a bubble canopy :azn: ... am I getting the point right or is this just miss judged by me ??? :) and secondly as you said
"the canopy copied on jf-17 is not a single piece bubble canopy unlike f-22 or f-16 where the bubble canopy is always single piece". this 1 neither single piece :confused:

Last edited:
Again as you mention Looks like f22 I think more like F-35 as its not a 1 piece ... and in later comment what you write is giving if its real 1 it may have a bubble canopy :azn: ... am I getting the point right or is this just miss judged by me ??? :) and secondly as you said
"the canopy copied on jf-17 is not a single piece bubble canopy unlike f-22 or f-16 where the bubble canopy is always single piece". this 1 neither single piece :confused:

In simple words the one who photoshopped this bubble canopy on jf-17 may not have the knowledge of bubble canopy being a single piece one so he made a mistake in photoshopping ,if it had been real pic probably you would have seen bubble canopy with single piece ,that was my point .

Rest ALLAH knows best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom