What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are those PAF pilots in the pics of jammer and nabil?

I doubt it for some reason.

Are those PAF pilots in the pics of jammer and nabil?

I doubt it for some reason.

Nothing can beat our RUMOR Factory here.

How come JFT-I is integrated with the HMD/S when it was stated to be integrated on JFT-II under modernisation plan at Dubai Air Show 2011 in the hall while the same bird 11-130 was on display outside and already integrated with HMD. What a pity, Team JFT in the hall was totally dumb.
I could think of the HMD thing again if the aircraft had serial b/w 150 to 160 or beyond.

Secondly the Picture is not clear hence one can even say "OH LOOK JFT PILOT WEARING JHMCS, PAKISTAN ZINDABAD." Though I respect patriotism but one should be realistic as well.

Nothing can beat our RUMOR Factory here.

How come JFT-I is integrated with the HMD/S when it was stated to be integrated on JFT-II under modernisation plan at Dubai Air Show 2011 in the hall while the same bird 11-130 was on display outside and already integrated with HMD. What a pity, Team JFT in the hall was totally dumb.
I could think of the HMD thing again if the aircraft had serial b/w 150 to 160 or beyond.

Secondly the Picture is not clear hence one can even say "OH LOOK JFT PILOT WEARING JHMCS, PAKISTAN ZINDABAD." Though I respect patriotism but one should be realistic as well.

HMD needs to be integrated electronically. Usually anything that is electronic is easy to integrate on the older models. There is no reason to believe that PAF cannot implement HMD on JF-17 blk 1. BLK2 is not coming with new avionics, but the same, just minor software tweaks. So i don't see why this cannot be done on BLK1!!!

HMD needs to be integrated electronically. Usually anything that is electronic is easy to integrate on the older models. There is no reason to believe that PAF cannot implement HMD on JF-17 blk 1. BLK2 is not coming with new avionics, but the same, just minor software tweaks. So i don't see why this cannot be done on BLK1!!!

Which HMD ? Second question that comes to mind ! South African one ? I guess no one has any idea because nobody has the details.

The Picture is beautiful, no doubt in that. but I see no HMD in there or plz post another clear picture.

@Windjammer

I,think JHMCS isn't compatible with the JFT's

@Oscar

Doesnt seem to be a HMD, the Chap has his visor up.. which gives the impression of a HMD.

Look at where his oxygen mask is.. then keeping its size into account you can tell the eye is well below to what is being supposed as the HMD visor.. which basically in my view is just the normal visor turned up.. after all. its looks like a cloudy day and why would you want a visor to protect your eyes when there is no sun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesnt seem to be a HMD, the Chap has his visor up.. which gives the impression of a HMD.

Look at where his oxygen mask is.. then keeping its size into account you can tell the eye is well below to what is being supposed as the HMD visor.. which basically in my view is just the normal visor turned up.. after all. its looks like a cloudy day and why would you want a visor to protect your eyes when there is no sun.

At last, Someone with sensible post. :tup:
Thanks

886428_522382094479409_1085034158_o.jpg

4ByLTpO.jpg

I cant make out any thing from it :undecided:.Its just the returning photo from the dubai airshow

despite all the opposition, i stick to my opinion, :D

jf-17_thunder_pakistan_air_force_china_kamra_cockpit_hud_pilot_01.jpg

this must be some special cloud cover where the sun is shining with full glow as can be seen from shadows and nose cone ;)

4ByLTpO.jpg

closer..

nFrgTfu.jpg

Came across this piece of info on the question of HMD. !!

State-of-the-art Digital Glass Cockpit

A highly efficient Man Machine Interface (MMI) has been integrated into FC-1/JF-17 to substantially ease pilot workload, particularly in combat situations. The digital glass cockpit is dominated by three large, full color Multi-Function Displays (MFDs), digital moving map, Helmet Mounted Display (HMD), Hands-On approach and a wide angle Smart Heads-Up Display (SHUD)

Aviation and Defense Magazine | Articles

Which HMD ? Second question that comes to mind ! South African one ? I guess no one has any idea because nobody has the details.

The Picture is beautiful, no doubt in that. but I see no HMD in there or plz post another clear picture.

I didn't say that it is definitely an HMD. What i am saying is that if it has to be integrated, it can be integrated. Not a big task. The question is what is the source of the HMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom