What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
224605b119be1b9a2f5pzl.jpg
photo from zhuhai airshow. the jet in photo is JF17(FC1). it showed how it work with CM400 and C802 in antiship mission.

can JF 17 carry two cm400akg and two c802 at same time for antiship mission?
JF17 can carry more than 4 tons. and single cm400 ,c802 is less than 1 ton.

Yes, but the 4 tons are not distributed equally across the hardpoints.

Quoting H Khan from Pakdef.....

"Well, PAC is running at 18 JF-17 units per year presently and they can max it at 25 units per year. More than likely, Sri Lanka JF-17 will be manufactured at PAC.

Block II will have improved or upgraded KLJ-7 radar, a dedicated station for a targeting pod plus IFR probe."

"Well, PAC is running at 18 JF-17 units per year presently and they can max it at 25 units per year. More than likely, Sri Lanka JF-17 will be manufactured at PAC.

Block II will have improved or upgraded KLJ-7 radar, a dedicated station for a targeting pod plus IFR probe."

the issue is not capacity and expertise - it is financial!!!

the issue is not capacity and expertise - it is financial!!!
and hopefully once it is resolved, we will see some major upgrades for JF-17, specially in radar and engine department!
This is one of the many benefits that comes with your own platform, that too, designed with an open structure with all the room for improvements!. No IF's and BUT's are there.
Changes can be made and will be made when required and feasible
JF-17 was and is surely the right way forward for PAF. We will get a lot from this.

So......... it means that Sri Lanka's JFT order is confirmed ?
If Yes...... than what about Serbia's ?

So......... it means that Sri Lanka's JFT order is confirmed ?
If Yes...... than what about Serbia's ?

As per some Sri Lankan and Chinese media, it is. Lets see what happens in 2013

This is PT-04 in China, rumoured to be tested with RD-93MK (9300-9500lb thrust class) and Block 2 configuration..... notice the dark coloured engine nozzle..

Vg0UB.jpg

9Eyj6.jpg

As per some Sri Lankan and Chinese media, it is. Lets see what happens in 2013

This is PT-04 in China, rumoured to be tested with RD-93MK (9300-9500lb thrust class) and Block 2 configuration..... notice the dark coloured engine nozzle..

Vg0UB.jpg

9Eyj6.jpg

Engine thrust upto 91.2kn

will bring jft twr over 1.
*seems like this engine will have FADEC control as well

lets see what come out from this .i have no high hopes .:)

agreed. Nothing MUCH seem to be changing for Blk II as for now. However, i hope the improvements we are hearing about are enough. I would have loved if they managed an extra under fuselage forward hard point for recon POD and and mid air refueling capability to Blk-II. let us keep our hope real and in achievable range. Don't see a MAJOR improvement to radar but slight improvements are supposed to be coming in Blk-II.
I guess it will be later Blk III or Blk IV that will see major transformation into a true 4.5 generation. For Blk-II, an advanced and improved 4 generations are going to be achieved and that is a great achievement. It will be nice upgrade and will make JFT more effective and efficient in its current role.
All this is my personal assumptions i got from reading and listening what is going on. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom