What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since when did airshows become a performing stage for 'competitors'??

the Mig 29 and F-16 friendly fights back in the day are long gone!!!

I don't think they are gonna say lets Fly Rafale vs Typhoon or Gripen vs JF-17....!!!

Flying displays show off maneuverability very well, and seeing a series of them is quite informative.

A claimed 1:1, but let's see it perform back to back with its competitors then!

Claimed by the people involved with this project, thats as authentic as it gets my friend. PAF refrains from pushing its aircraft to the limit or exposing any of its manoeuvres during Air Shows as we want our enemy to keep guessing and the last thing we want is to loose a $20 million plane. Thus, i doubt it if PAF will be pushing the JF17 to its limit during any of these Air Shows.

Claimed by the people involved with this project, thats as authentic as it gets my friend. PAF refrains from pushing its aircraft to the limit or exposing any of its manoeuvres during Air Shows as we want our enemy to keep guessing and the last thing we want is to loose a $20 million plane. Thus, i doubt it if PAF will be pushing the JF17 to its limit during any of these Air Shows.

Of course I understand and respect that approach. However, claims are only claims until proven.

Sure there is no other reason for it ? Something like may be the claims are really not right ?

Of course I understand and respect that approach. However, claims are only claims until proven.
PAF will not put you down. The claims will be fulfilled which will amuse everyone, but act worrisome to the enemy.

Sure there is no other reason for it ? Something like may be the claims are really not right ?
Only time will prove/answer that.

Interesting that the JF-17s will be on static display again at Farnborough … Farnborough 2012 | Static Aircraft Display … we consoled ourselves 2 years ago that they had not had time to prepare … … would like to hear what they have to say.

You have posted the 2010 list over here,2012 list will be out in May,And yes Thunder is flying this time.

Flying displays show off maneuverability very well, and seeing a series of them is quite informative.

Hi,

Flying displays are only for show now----nothing more---just to please the crowds----. The days of one upmanship are gone---. Today it is all about electronic packages that the plane can carry and missiles that it can launch---.

Hi,

Flying displays are only for show now----nothing more---just to please the crowds----. The days of one upmanship are one---. Today it is all about electronic packages that the plane can carry and missiles that it can launch---.

I agree, but given the gap between the design parameters of the platform, and the sometimes overly tall claims made, it is important to keep in mind that the JF-17 is not the greatest thing since sliced bread, including the inherent maneuverability of the plane, so that an assessment of its abilities is kept realistic. That is all.

Reactions: SQ8
Hi,

Flying displays are only for show now----nothing more---just to please the crowds----. The days of one upmanship are one---. Today it is all about electronic packages that the plane can carry and missiles that it can launch---.

I must agree with you over here.
The era of 4th generation fighters was probably the last joyable era. Latter, no idea what the technology will bring, a few birds would be enough for attack and defense.
The bright days of fighters are over, the future is dark. Even shooting down an enemy plane on it's own runway, from your airspace.

No engaging the bogey and 'dogfights', the name should be changed from 'fighter flying' so something else...

I agree, but given the gap between the design parameters of the platform, and the sometimes overly tall claims made, it is important to keep in mind that the JF-17 is not the greatest thing since sliced bread, including the inherent maneuverability of the plane, so that an assessment of its abilities is kept realistic. That is all.

Hi,

What do you need maneuverability for ( you do need it )---the off bore missile doing 20 + G's will eat you up---7 to 9 G is good maeuverabilty---. All the tall claims are being made by the kids---.

This aircraft is to replace aircraft like the mirage 3 / 5 , F7's, A5' and similiar with a new frame design, ne engine, upto date electronics package, offencive and defences weapons systems at a very reasonable cost----. It does all that---.

Am I disappointed with this aircraft---yes I am---because this is what was not needed by the pak air force and people of pakistan---. It is not the PIT BULL that pak needed---but as an air craft---it is very well placed to get some share of the market.

The only problem is in production and assembly.

Hi,

What do you need maneuverability for ( you do need it )---the off bore missile doing 20 + G's will eat you up---7 to 9 G is good maeuverabilty---. All the tall claims are being made by the kids---.

This aircraft is to replace aircraft like the mirage 3 / 5 , F7's, A5' and similiar with a new frame design, ne engine, upto date electronics package, offencive and defences weapons systems at a very reasonable cost----. It does all that---.

Am I disappointed with this aircraft---yes I am---because this is what was not needed by the pak air force and people of pakistan---. It is not the PIT BULL that pak needed---but as an air craft---it is very well placed to get some share of the market.

The only problem is in production and assembly.

With a defence budget of less than $10 billion, you cannot afford to induct 150 pit bulls. You need an aircraft that can be procured at a reasonable price and fulfil all the criteria that has been laid down by the AHQ. The JF17 does exactly that, in fact it has superseded PAF's expectations of what they were expecting from this aircraft.

JF17 is primarily assigned with the task of AD and CAS. There is nothing of value that other aircrafts such as Grippen, Rafale, J10 or SU30 could offer for the roles that have been assigned to the JF17. I could understand your point if we were talking in terms of AS but we have the FC20's and Block 52's fulfilling that role. The aircraft has the ability to take shots at stand off BVR ranges, easily go mano to mano against any IAF aircraft in WVR fight as proved by its consistent WVR fights against the king of dog fights (F16) and deliver loads with precision guidance. With a price of $20 million, this aircraft is a God send for the PAF if we take our finances into consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom