What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Najam,

Off-topic but who elects/selects the defense minister?

In our country, PM selects his cabinet. Personal likes/dislikes and loyalties to the ruling party/coalition partners are given precedence over knowledge and experience in the field.

Question: Is JF-17 Participating in 2012 Farnborough airshow?

Yes it will.

Is this some more mis-information from politicians? Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

He deeply appreciated the ongoing cooperation between the aviation industries of Pakistan and China and mentioned the successful joint production of the JF-17 Thunder fighter aircraft that was being used by the air forces of both the countries.

I was tempted to reinterpret the statement from Dubai about a 4th squadron as to mean “a squadron of FC-1s for the PLAAF” which would agree with the statement above. However, the statement from Singapore that the PLAAF is not even telling CATIC what they want disagrees with there being FC-1s in the PLAAF.

I think we need to transform PAF base Minawalli with JF-17s. IMO, its the best location:

img-3.gif

It has this current fleet that will need replacement:

K-8P
F-7P, FT-7P
F-7P, FT-7P
Alouette III

I think as this base is being used as fighter conversion of pilots we might not see Thunders there unless a proposed two seat version arrived. There are lots of other bases and squadron which need replacements remember we have 180+ mirage (III/V) plus many F-7/F-7P which needs to be replaced ASAP.

Not sure about the last question...but didn't you yourself post that you saw some planes landing at Masroor?????

Anyway, it is confirmed that 3rd squadron jets are ready and to be equipped at Masroor. Even i am concerned due to slow nature of deliveries. 2 squadrons per year is too less.
This is slow, as PAC Kamra has to concentrate on other objectives too, making K-8 and Super Mashak, maintenance of jets, making the supplies and spare parts of several aircraft and supplying them to customers, including Boeing.

3 JF-17 factories will be set up which will produce them, for sales to PAF and other AFs as per ex-ACM Rao Qamar.

This is slow, as PAC Kamra has to concentrate on other objectives too, making K-8 and Super Mashak, maintenance of jets, making the supplies and spare parts of several aircraft and supplying them to customers, including Boeing.

3 JF-17 factories will be set up which will produce them, for sales to PAF and other AFs as per ex-ACM Rao Qamar.

I though Precision Engineering was producing spares for Boeing out of their Kirthar Facility. It was an offset arrangment when buying 777's.

I though Precision Engineering was producing spares for Boeing out of their Kirthar Facility. It was an offset arrangment when buying 777's.

Pakistan Aeronautical Complex is qualified to undertake manufacturing of 36 aircraft metal parts using Titanium, Steel and Aluminum raw material. All processes of heat and surface treatment, NDI and Shot-peening are done at PAC following stringent requirements of Boeing Quality Management System requirements. The special processes are carried out under Nadcap accreditation for Heat treatment, Surface treatment and NDT.

List of products of Pakistan Aeronautical Complex

Pakistan Aeronautical Complex is qualified to undertake manufacturing of 36 aircraft metal parts using Titanium, Steel and Aluminum raw material. All processes of heat and surface treatment, NDI and Shot-peening are done at PAC following stringent requirements of Boeing Quality Management System requirements. The special processes are carried out under Nadcap accreditation for Heat treatment, Surface treatment and NDT.

List of products of Pakistan Aeronautical Complex

Thanks for the info. Yes it seems from the website that they are indeed producing Boeing parts.

Have u any info. on what precision engineering is doing these days?

Thanks for the info. Yes it seems from the website that they are indeed producing Boeing parts.

Have u any info. on what precision engineering is doing these days?
I guess they are concentrating more on Avionics these days, trying to integrate different weapons on KLJ-07, modifying KLJ-07, AESA and EW related research and similar stuff.
Cannot say more.

Interesting that the JF-17s will be on static display again at Farnborough … Farnborough 2012 | Static Aircraft Display … we consoled ourselves 2 years ago that they had not had time to prepare … … would like to hear what they have to say.

A flying display back to back with its competitors in front of potential buyers would perhaps reveal the lackluster T:W ratio?

A flying display back to back with its competitors in front of potential buyers would perhaps reveal the lackluster T:W ratio?

I am making a guess here, it has more to do with certification. I canbe wrong here but my be would be on this issue and the TTWR.

I am making a guess here, it has more to do with certification. I canbe wrong here but my be would be on this issue and the TTWR.

Experimental certification is not too big of an issue for Farnborough.

A TW ratio of 1:1 is not at all lacklustre in my opinion. In fact the aircraft has proved to be quite manoeuvrable and nimble consistently zapping the Block 15's in dog fights.

A TW ratio of 1:1 is not at all lacklustre in my opinion. In fact the aircraft has proved to be quite manoeuvrable and nimble consistently zapping the Block 15's in dog fights.

A claimed 1:1, but let's see it perform back to back with its competitors then!

A claimed 1:1, but let's see it perform back to back with its competitors then!

Since when did airshows become a performing stage for 'competitors'??

the Mig 29 and F-16 friendly fights back in the day are long gone!!!

I don't think they are gonna say lets Fly Rafale vs Typhoon or Gripen vs JF-17....!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom