What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that note … … I do have little faint in politicians in general myself.

Unfortunately our Defence Minister is the biggest jerk ever to take charge of MoD. He is basically a businessman, with decades of experience in shoe making but no past experience of handling defence issues and military trades. By no means his statement can be considered authentic (unless he is reading something prepared for him by MoD people.)

You can expect such comments from a shoemaker. Last month while talking to media at new Benazir International Airport at Fatejang (100km from Islamabad), he mixed J-10 and JF-17 by saying 'We are making J-10 our self, we don't need to buy them from China'...thanks to Mr. Khalid Choudhray (ex Chairman PAC - now Chairman FAA), who whispered in his ear and saved his arse by replying to media men.

Najam,

Off-topic but who elects/selects the defense minister?

Question: Is JF-17 Participating in 2012 Farnborough airshow?

At some point.. when possible and appropiate. Members that have a better insight into the Jf-17 must clear up the guess work in a unified manner on the Jf-17 Batches. Since this question is being asked again and again in different guises and answers have to be give repeatedly.

Yes, true. So I guess while you need to be able to go manual as back-up, mastery in EW is very essential. I believe there is a strong argument to develop electronic optical systems as these are less prone to jamming or even “fire-and-forget” missile with EO guidance instead of radars. … … Yes, weather would be an enemy … … What about AESA radars for SAMs, AAAs and MRAAMs benefiting from the LPI hence jamming and ARM-proof? … … Yes, eventually someone will get there and counter these.
With IR-jamming and dazzlers/blinders, high energy, laser type dazzlers against EO systems will be coming.
If you imagine something like the WMD-7 pod weight about 200kg with its laser, TV and IR systems. Say by removing the IR modules, you reduce the weight by 50kg to 150kg and by miniaturisation you shed another 50kg, you then end up with a 100kg laser (for distance) and TV (for recognition) system that you mount as part the terminal guidance unit for a medium to long range missile.
Yes, I might be confusing and probably this should have been on other thread elsewhere … … sorry.
As long as a radar is emitting, be it LPI (That is low "probability" of intercept, still not immune) or anything it will be detected and tackled. I can recall the words of a USAF pilot saying, "turning your radar on is just like lighting a torch in completely dark room". Almost all of ARMs are designed with a mindset that radar will not emit as soon as it detects it being acquired or a threat closing in. So each employs its own tactics (HARM uses its high speed and HTS, ALARM uses its loitering capability, MAR-1 uses satellite co-ordinates to triangulate the position). As far as EO is concerned, yes certainly a handy capability but its limited range and passive nature makes it much more restricted. A combination of techniques is always handy, thats why a spectrum of ability is employed (i.e. most modern SAARMs use a combination of IR and EO capability).

At some point.. when possible and appropiate. Members that have a better insight into the Jf-17 must clear up the guess work in a unified manner on the Jf-17 Batches. Since this question is being asked again and again in different guises and answers have to be give repeatedly.
What about the third squadron mod? its April and still no hush about induction...

As long as a radar is emitting, be it LPI (That is low "probability" of intercept, still not immune) or anything it will be detected and tackled. I can recall the words of a USAF pilot saying, "turning your radar on is just like lighting a torch in completely dark room". Almost all of ARMs are designed with a mindset that radar will not emit as soon as it detects it being acquired or a threat closing in. So each employs its own tactics (HARM uses its high speed and HTS, ALARM uses its loitering capability, MAR-1 uses satellite co-ordinates to triangulate the position). As far as EO is concerned, yes certainly a handy capability but its limited range and passive nature makes it much more restricted. A combination of techniques is always handy, thats why a spectrum of ability is employed (i.e. most modern SAARMs use a combination of IR and EO capability).

What about the third squadron mod? its April and still no hush about induction...

it's confirmed third squadron this month (april)

Formation of squadrons is subject to number of Thunders available at Kamra(test flight).
Consider this that two sq are already ready.. and with numbers rising.. the third squadron will be declared operational once there is enough strength at Kamra to maintain its T&E fleet.

The PAF wishes to(read can only afford right now) to keep support structure major maintenance at Kamra. Therefore it concentrating all new squadrons of JF-17's in the north.
The South has received a major capability jump in the form of the Block-52's at Jacobabad.
Eventually as funds become available.. southern sq's operating obsolescent types will be replaced by Jf-17's.

If I remember correctly, for the Iraqi invasion, the radar guided SAMs and AAAs were silenced early or forced to operate blindly due to ARMs.

Hi,

Because the iraqi's did not have any aircraft to complement their defences---. They did not have one aircraft in their inventory to compete mano a mano with any coalition aircraft.

They didn't even have shoulder launch missiles.

Najam,

Off-topic but who elects/selects the defense minister?

Hi,

In our case---it is the president---goes to his closest and strongest 'buddy'---.

Hi,

Because the iraqi's did not have any aircraft to complement their defences---. They did not have one aircraft in their inventory to compete mano a mano with any coalition aircraft.

They didn't even have shoulder launch missiles.
Sir they did have some Mig-29s, Mig-25s and Mig-27s. But BVR and EW and Pilot Experience was the devide between USAF and IrAF. If an Iraqi pilot can bang his plane in ground when engaging an unarmed Raven, whatelse are you left with to speak about IrAF....

can someone confirm me that the 3rd squadron of jf-17 will raised in masror AB
coz last night i saw 4-5 palnes landed then a IL-78
tonight ones i count are almost 12+ planes landed at masror AB (every plane have distance of 3-4 mins time was around 9:30 - 10:15)
is there anyone knew about any it?

I think we need to transform PAF base Minawalli with JF-17s. IMO, its the best location:

img-3.gif

It has this current fleet that will need replacement:

K-8P
F-7P, FT-7P
F-7P, FT-7P
Alouette III

Not sure about the last question...but didn't you yourself post that you saw some planes landing at Masroor?????

Anyway, it is confirmed that 3rd squadron jets are ready and to be equipped at Masroor. Even i am concerned due to slow nature of deliveries. 2 squadrons per year is too less.

i vote for masror AB (coz its near my house and only way to see a flying jf-17 :yahoo:)

Not sure about the last question...but didn't you yourself post that you saw some planes landing at Masroor?????

Anyway, it is confirmed that 3rd squadron jets are ready and to be equipped at Masroor. Even i am concerned due to slow nature of deliveries. 2 squadrons per year is too less.

love you man for bold part.
damn. i knew it i knew if this is not an execise then these are my beloved birds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom