Status
Not open for further replies.
jf17q64026523.jpg

CAIC - PAC

JF-17 Thunder
D;26
Cu;26
On Order;24

- Note: Although a total of 8 examples had been delivered by mid-March 2008, the type didn't fully enter service until early 2010, when 26 Squadron stood-up with the type at Kamra. The initial production contract, for another 42 aircraft to bring the total to 50, was announced on 7th March 2009. The PAF's total requirement for the type is estimated as being as high as 250.

AFI

^Let us make few hundred before we jump to newer block.

At the moment, attention should be more on tactical avionics, increasing range, shedding weight by introducing composites.

Picture taken directly from a well-know reference source:

No doubt the JF-17 is a great technological leap for PAF and Pakistan, and that is a great article.

However, it should be kept in mind that "assemby" is not "manufacture", but "production" may rely on either or both.

We were able to "remanufacture" Mirages for decades now, but due to lack of indigenous "manufacturing" capabilities, critical airframe and engine components finally just wore out.

My hope and prayers are that we learn our lesson, and apply those lessons to the JF-17 program, and move from "assembly" to true "manufacturing" ability, otherwise this program will also end up like the MRF program in a few decades.

Flag waving is great, but is not an adequate substitute for actual work.

I write this with my heart and mind in the right place so please let me apologize beforehand for anybody who may be offended even slightly.

Last edited:
No doubt the JF-17 is a great technological leap for PAF and Pakistan, and that is a great article.

However, it should be kept in mind that "assemby" is not "manufacture", but "production" may rely or either or both.

We were able to "remanufacture" Mirages for decades now, but due to lack of indigenous "manufacturing" capabilities, critical airframe and engine components finally just wore out.

My hope and prayers are that we learn our lesson, and apply those lessons to the JF-17 program, and move from "assembly" to true "manufacturing" ability, otherwise this program will also end up like the MRF program in a few decades.

Flag waving is great, but is not an adequate substitute for actual work.

I write this with my heart and mind in the right place so please let me apologize beforehand for anybody who may be offended even slightly.

The Indians built the Marut years ago, and must have thought that now they were to become an aircraft manufacturing country. Where are they now?

We must recognise that there is a difference betweeen the interests of the PAF, and the aerospace industry. Their interests don't necessarily go together. The aereospace sector must have somebody lobbying for them, to keep the momentum and move forward.

According to my information, present facilities available at AMF:

Conventional milling
CNC milling
Sheet metal forming
Hand layup
Contact suction hot press molding
Stretch molding
Gravity molding
Reaction injection molding
Die/Mold/Pattern making in woodwork
Surface teatment and painting
Heat treatment
AC/DC MIG and TIG welding
Electric arc welding
Gas welding
Bronzing and soldering
Tube banding
Material testing
Spectroanalysis
Tensile testing
Precision measurement chemical analysis
CNC calibration
Co-ordinate measurement
Dies/Molds/Fixture designing and tooling facility
CNC copy milling
Spark erosion milling

Impressive as all of these are, these are simply not enough to actually manufacture planes.

We need a lot more investment and hard work before the dreams are actually realized.

Insha Allah that will happen, but not if we are too busy patting ourselves on the back too much!

Last edited:
^^ You giv me enough material for a whole week to research through~~

I look forward to your comments after your research has progressed. I am glad you found my post useful.

This is translation of Russina news link:
???????????? "??? ??????" / ??????? / ???????, 23.10.2010 / ???-????? ????? ?????????? ?????????? ???????????

As reported by Interfax, the government of this island state is now studying this possibility. According to local press reports, is currently in the military of the country to actively consider two possible options for the purchase - a Russian MiG-29 or Chinese JF-17.
"The Chinese have already provided us with detailed specifications of their fighters," - said the source. "Air Force of Sri Lanka would also like to get from Russia and more detailed data on the MiG-29", - he added.
It was reported earlier that Russia would provide Sri Lanka a 10-year loan of $ 300 million for the purchase of Russian military equipment. This, in particular, talked about buying a Russian transport helicopter Mi-17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom