What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
one question

does JF*17 electronic architecture permits it to accept weapon system from different blocs?

and if yes,is there a proof about that(figures,articles,pics,etc)

thanks in advance

one question

does JF*17 electronic architecture permits it to accept weapon system from different blocs?

and if yes,is there a proof about that(figures,articles,pics,etc)

thanks in advance

JF-17 has MIL-STD-1760 data bus architecture as well as the MIL-STD-1553, thus whatever is compatible with these two standards, can be integrated with the JF-17, provided the source codes are available.

And 500 million dollars for 24 JF-17 doesn't exactly sounds cheap to me.

24 JF-17s for $500 Million is cheaper then cheapest with All different weapons and of-course the 24 Fighter Jets that makes it an ideal deal for 20 Million dollars per unit.
Is there any other Fighter Jet that can compete? The answer is absolutely Not.

Production costs are still high compared to projections..
Since we are heavily dependent on manual labor.. and even with max manpower we can only output around 14 to 15 a year locally.
Not to mention those damn technicians that kept running away until we put them on contract.

Production costs are still high compared to projections..
Since we are heavily dependent on manual labor.. and even with max manpower we can only output around 14 to 15 a year locally.
Not to mention those damn technicians that kept running away until we put them on contract.

Projects of national importance such as this one should NOT be judged by ordinary accounting practices, since the benefits are part of a much bigger picture.

Reactions: SQ8
Hello... I know almost nothing about fighter jets (being a highschool kid), but I have a few simple questions to ask:

1) What "generation" fighter is the JF-17?
2) When the next upgrade (e.g. block) is made, are all existing JF-17s upgraded as well?
3) They said they were working on a stealth or atleast a semi-stealth version of JF-17. Don't you need to overhaul the whole shape of the aircraft to do that?
4) Also, do we have any purely indigenous systems or parts in our version of JF-17?

Projects of national importance such as this one should NOT be judged by ordinary accounting practices, since the benefits are part of a much bigger picture.

Agreed.. but production efficiency must be.. if targets of such national importance are to be met.

Agreed.. but production efficiency must be.. if targets of such national importance are to be met.

Efficiency is a different issue.

I agree with you that targets must be met, but in doing so a conscious decision to accept increased costs sometimes needs to be made.

15+ aircraft per year is a fairly quick pace for a first production run given the size of the AMF.

Reactions: SQ8
While it may be quick for the size of the AMF...it could be faster with more automation.. something the ex-CPD of the JF project was frustrated about himself.

While it may be quick for the size of the AMF...it could be faster with more automation.. something the ex-CPD of the JF project was frustrated about himself.

It is true that certain aspects of the production line will move faster with more automation, and also have a more consistent quality.

I go back to my previous statements: The AMF and PAF are hampered by the lack of resources needed to do justice to the potential of this aircraft.

Frustration is only the first step in a process of improvement, and will go nowhere unless it is translated into action, and support is forthcoming from the right quarters.

Hello... I know almost nothing about fighter jets (being a highschool kid), but I have a few simple questions to ask:

1) What "generation" fighter is the JF-17?
2) When the next upgrade (e.g. block) is made, are all existing JF-17s upgraded as well?
3) They said they were working on a stealth or atleast a semi-stealth version of JF-17. Don't you need to overhaul the whole shape of the aircraft to do that?
4) Also, do we have any purely indigenous systems or parts in our version of JF-17?

its a fourth gen and most prob no the older planes might sold and as far as stealth is considered it is being made stealthy by adding more composite but as far as real stealth is concerned well i can only say dream on well i think that we are making a lot of body our self

I m not sure if you quite understood me.

Azerbaijan already operates Mig-29s. But they don't have strong air-to-ground capabilities.

So we need a real multi-role fighter. If JF-17 are not so good at it, I don't see a point with it.

Of course I m not very informed about JF-17, so if someone could enlighten me about JF-17.

OK let see what a multiple fighter can do
1- agility JFT is very good at this More Agile than Block 15 Flacons of PAF (pl note that Block 15 is considered as most agile design of Flacon Blocks 15-60)
2- BVR it can launch SD-10 and T Darter and possibly MICA BVRAAMs
3- It can launch PGMs , GBPs , UGBs (MK series) and SOWs
4- It can launch AL Cruise Missiles and Antiship Missiles (C-802)
5- It can probably launch Anti radiation Missiles ( I suspect MAR-1) but I am not sure on this
so what else do you require in a Multirole fighter?

OK let see what a multiple fighter can do

Sure, let's see:

1- agility JFT is very good at this More Agile than Block 15 Flacons of PAF (pl note that Block 15 is considered as most agile design of Flacon Blocks 15-60)

How so? What plane has a stronger airframe and better PW ratio, among other things?

2- BVR it can launch SD-10 and T Darter and possibly MICA BVRAAMs

Any successful firings so far?

3- It can launch PGMs , GBPs , UGBs (MK series) and SOWs

So can just about any plane with the proper pylons and avionics, what's your point?

4- It can launch AL Cruise Missiles and Antiship Missiles
5- It can probably launch Anti radiation Missiles ( I suspect MAR-1) but I am not sure on this

Please see above.

so what else do you require in a Multirole fighter?

How about more proven ability? ;)

Sure, let's see:

How so? What plane has a stronger airframe and better PW ratio, among other things?
PW ratio is 0.98 IMHO against the 1.01 of Flacon so Vertical climb rate will be lower than that of falcon, yet the turning rate and response time is better (Thanks to DFBW controls). The word out of PAF was out on the same forum after mock fights between Thunder and Falcon (you can verify this from senior people however, like sir Muradk).JF-17 airframe is made of semi-monologue structure
High strength steel and Titanium alloy adopted partially at some critical places. The design process is in compliance with MIL-A-8860 standard
http://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&s...sg=AFQjCNEwiXfq5i1eBLfLKFOEM_NPmPnkUg&cad=rja

Any successful firings so far?

at farnborough SD-10A was displayed in the weapons pack accompanying JFT. If SD-10A would have been incompatible with JFT then it would have not been shown to the customers.
4817334243_ecc2490285_b_d.jpg

27_96521_1ddd4c519740906.jpg

and yes about T Darter testing, here is a discussion in earlier parts of same forum
http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-...tirole-fighter-thread-4-a-15.html#post1091622

http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-...tirole-fighter-thread-4-a-16.html#post1095951

http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-...tirole-fighter-thread-4-a-16.html#post1096222

http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-...tirole-fighter-thread-4-a-17.html#post1098551

So can just about any plane with the proper pylons and avionics, what's your point?
Typhoon has limited A2G capability even though its 4.5th Gen fighter.....so sir every plane is not a multirole plane...if you are talking about MRF standard then 80 Million a Piece Rafale should be your choice.

How about more proven ability? ;)
Every plane is not war proven. Flankers have seen very limited action. typhoon, Grippen and Rafales have hardly seen any Action so its not possible unless a flighter engage in full scale war. Btw PAF has used Thunders in WoTs for A2G role as per posters around here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom