What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^at hasnaon0099
what makes you think that typhoon has limited A2G capabilities????

800px-Eurofighter-NellisAFB-2008.jpg

does this looks limited to u..?
and BTW TYPHOON IS THE BEST MULTIROLE AIRCRAFT IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW!

eurofighter1_30536a.jpg

6 BVR and 4 LGBs! thats what i call a true multirole fighter!

Last edited:
^^at hasnaon0099

eurofighter1_30536a.jpg

but not untill the tranch III was introduced, Tranch I and II had their main focus on Air Superiority yet we did not see much radical modifications which suggest that Typhoon still remains a AS Fighter. The Rafale was envisiged as a MRF so you see that it finds a balance in A2A and A2G role

but not untill the tranch III was introduced, Tranch I and II had their main focus on Air Superiority yet we did not see much radical modifications which suggest that Typhoon still remains a AS Fighter. The Rafale was envisiged as a MRF so you see that it finds a balance in A2A and A2G role

but thats how fighter evolves!
even f-16 went through the same steps, the orignal A/B could not carry BVRs and many smart bombs like JDAM!
same goes for typhoon and thunder!
but nonetheless u have a point...

Last edited:
OK let see what a multiple fighter can do
1- agility JFT is very good at this More Agile than Block 15 Flacons of PAF (pl note that Block 15 is considered as most agile design of Flacon Blocks 15-60)
2- BVR it can launch SD-10 and T Darter and possibly MICA BVRAAMs
3- It can launch PGMs , GBPs , UGBs (MK series) and SOWs
4- It can launch AL Cruise Missiles and Antiship Missiles (C-802)
5- It can probably launch Anti radiation Missiles ( I suspect MAR-1) but I am not sure on this
so what else do you require in a Multirole fighter?

The agility of the JF is reported to be as good as the F-16 in the horizontal.. and around 80% of the vipers vertical performance(this may have more to do with the TW ratio).

2. Sd-10 has been tested on PT-06...as far as I know.
NO integration of MICA's.. or T darter.

3. Agree with Vcheng

4. Anti ship tested in captive flight..not launched.. standoff weapon integration not yet scheduled.

5. Not yet..

The program is still in the development stage.. and like the Typhoon..which was first optimized for the A2A role.. then the A2G integration began..the JF shall be given the same road.

Aircraft now dont have the issue of having to rewire for an additional task.. what is required usually are detailed weapon integration tests.. separation tests.. and a software update to add a new weapon capability.
The Italian Typhoons are known as F.2000's in service.. since the Italians dont want A2G as a primary task..their typhoons are only capable of dumb bombs.

Hello... I know almost nothing about fighter jets (being a highschool kid), but I have a few simple questions to ask:

1) What "generation" fighter is the JF-17?
2) When the next upgrade (e.g. block) is made, are all existing JF-17s upgraded as well?
3) They said they were working on a stealth or atleast a semi-stealth version of JF-17. Don't you need to overhaul the whole shape of the aircraft to do that?
4) Also, do we have any purely indigenous systems or parts in our version of JF-17?

1. 4th generation
2. surly all existing jf-17 will be upgrade if any major change does not happens to the airframe.
3. Its still a rummer of stealth version is under going .
4. most probably not yet.
thanks .

^^at hasnaon0099

eurofighter1_30536a.jpg

What you see on the pics are possible LGB configs, mainly from tests to integrate Paveway 4 and some from Farnborough. But the important part is the one that you don't see, no targeting pod!
The only pod that was integrated yet is the litening pod and the EF has no dedicated pylon for such pods. So far it carries it on the centerline station which causes the lack of 1 centerline fuel tank => reduce range. More important although are the lack of nearly all A2G missiles, not anti tank, anti radiation, anti ship, or cruise missile was integrated yet, although they are displayed on air shows, or EF specs.
That all makes the EF very limited in A2G and hardly multi role capable. Also the EF members still have not decided which new weapons and capabilities will be added in Tranche 3, because of funding problems and that makes the future prospect for multi role capabilties also not good.

What you see on the pics are possible LGB configs, mainly from tests to integrate Paveway 4 and some from Farnborough. But the important part is the one that you don't see, no targeting pod!
The only pod that was integrated yet is the litening pod and the EF has no dedicated pylon for such pods. So far it carries it on the centerline station which causes the lack of 1 centerline fuel tank => reduce range. More important although are the lack of nearly all A2G missiles, not anti tank, anti radiation, anti ship, or cruise missile was integrated yet, although they are displayed on air shows, or EF specs.
That all makes the EF very limited in A2G and hardly multi role capable. Also the EF members still have not decided which new weapons and capabilities will be added in Tranche 3, because of funding problems and that makes the future prospect for multi role capabilties also not good.

well litening adds a very good ground attack capabilty!!!
go to this link!
LITENING targeting pod

^^at hasnaon0099

eurofighter1_30536a.jpg

How many of these garbage european built planes have crashed ? lol
Its amazing how much marketing mumbo jombo effects us , every next day I hear a Euro fighter crashed or had problems ... and yet ppl are expected to pay huge amount of funds for it typical European scam

Sell overly priced hyped items :smokin:

well litening adds a very good ground attack capabilty!!!
go to this link!
LITENING targeting pod

I know about Litening pod, IAF is using them too, but I guess you missed the point:

The only pod that was integrated yet is the litening pod and the EF has no dedicated pylon for such pods. So far it carries it on the centerline station which causes the lack of 1 centerline fuel tank => reduce range.

Which means, in reality and not at air shows, it can carry only 4 LGBs and 2 fuel tanks, to way lower distances. Even the Gripen can do that and has already A2G missiles too, not to mention the Rafale.
However, in A2A it remains to be one of the best fighters around!

P.S. Here is another pic from an airshow and this time with the litening pod, but no fuel tanks, so just for show:

IMG_8825-5.jpg

Last edited:
Typhoon is a good plane but ten years late.Should have been inducted in 2000.Now it's too late.They're still developing it and other nations are building up 5th Gen Fighters now.Money Wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom