What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, it is a little premature to be talking about the Block 2, as not much infomation is out there, and the PAF has been very tight lipped.

I have read that it is meant to have an increased TWR (thrust-to-weight) ratio, helmet mounted display, IRST, and composites. Only time will tell though. Kindly please remember, that the PAF still has to complete production of Block I, which will take another year and a half. Who knows what will be in store in 2012. Take care.

Nice man..
i think we should stop buying f-16 any more and spend these 1.2Bn USD on j-10..to get around 65 j-10 till 2014..

j-10B wil be much more advance then f-16 block 52

Yes that 1.2bn can be use for procuring more fc-20 and jf-17 instead of f-16 but you have years of experience of f-16 where fc-20 willbe a new plane for you, so i think f-16 will continue serving pakistan airforce for atleast 15 years and then get retired by more advance aircraft like f-35.in this time frame you will get familer with fc-20 and jf-17 block-I and block-II and build/procure required number of this plane.:coffee:

i dont think Pakistan will be receiving J-10b in its initial order of 36 because testing has not been completed and it has not yet been inducted into the PLAAF so it would take a min of 3-4 years for tech to mature and PLAAF would start induct them so may be the initial batch would be j10a and remaining would be J10b

JF -17 is definitely one of the biggest accomplishments achieved by P.A.F as of all the PSOs of P.A.F one of them is the Chief Project Director of JF-17 Thunder. . .

i dont think Pakistan will be receiving J-10b in its initial order of 36 because testing has not been completed and it has not yet been inducted into the PLAAF so it would take a min of 3-4 years for tech to mature and PLAAF would start induct them so may be the initial batch would be j10a and remaining would be J10b

They are expecting to arrive between 2014 and 2015, 4 years is long enough for testing don't you think?

3 left and the current strength is 11 now.

I just can't believe 11 leaving for the air show,If that's the case why not send the whole squadron?

pic22.jpg

Can't wait to see it performing over skies of China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom