What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
During this time most countries would be in a 4.5/5 gen environment. Still the induction of more F-16s and modernization of older ones will keep PAF capable in their defensive role. The technological edge will not be on their side though simply because pakistan is not in a state to put multibillion dollar tenders for 4.5/5 gen aircraft.

Come on, now - Air forces are not making their procurement decison based on generations of Acft - they are making decision based on their assessment of the threat, their assessment of how that threat can be deterred and/or countered and their politicians decisions on their budget.

Saudi Arabia does not have budget problems, is it going to get any 5th generations acft? Israel on the other hand does have abudge problem and yet it is going to get a 5th gen. acft , based not on any threat assessment but on a political assessment--

Similarly PAF goes through the same calculations -- all this Indian, huff and puff and blow your house down stuff, is just plain silly - PAF do not, at least at this stage, need anything more than to ensure that the IAF cannot assure victory to Indian politicos -- in the mean time, for the PAF it's time to learn "how to" , to institutionalize the know how and at least my wish list, to develop public-private enterprises and plan for the day that it will get out of the manufacturing business.

Come on, now - Air forces are not making their procurement decison based on generations of Acft - they are making decision based on their assessment of the threat, their assessment of how that threat can be deterred and/or countered and their politicians decisions on their budget.

Saudi Arabia does not have budget problems, is it going to get any 5th generations acft? Israel on the other hand does have abudge problem and yet it is going to get a 5th gen. acft , based not on any threat assessment but on a political assessment--

Similarly PAF goes through the same calculations -- all this Indian, huff and puff and blow your house down stuff, is just plain silly - PAF do not, at least at this stage, need anything more than to ensure that the IAF cannot assure victory to Indian politicos -- in the mean time, for the PAF it's time to learn "how to" , to institutionalize the know how and at least my wish list, to develop public-private enterprises and plan for the day that it will get out of the manufacturing business.

this will be a great acheivement indeed.

That's rather a curious statement, especially when offered without any evidence for such claims -- Please do elaborate, how, who, when and where have such failures hurt not just the PAF but also the nation - perhaps this thread is not ideal for such a exposition - but I'm sure your point of view is important and many will want to understand the issue further.

Probably the Kargil issue can be one example.

I'll like to say it in Kaiser Tufail's words.

PAF was entrapped by a circumstantial absurdity

Whole article can be found here.

Aeronaut: Kargil Conflict and Pakistan Air Force

(Sorry for being off topic)

I will explain my reasoning in a day or so.

Still not agreed, since no matter how PAF must orient themselves to India Centeric Dangers, but at the end of the day, it all boils down to how PAF would need to react in case unwanted War Obligation is enforced upon it by its Pakistani Politicians. This is exactly what happened in Kargil when Pakistani Generals and Politicians wanted some commitment to keep IAF at bay, but could not do so for obivious reason.

In short, more then anything else, PAF should be highly concerned about the decision and policy making body of its higher authorities and accordingly shape itself to gain Instituational knowledge of Operational Procedure and know how.

JF-17 Thunder participating in war against terror.
after recent display to hit ground targets with precision in military exercises Azm-e-nu, the JFT is now ready to be deployed against TTP in northern areas of the country.

here, watch the news report:

the birds were seen dropping bombs in the recent most military exercises:
1100897043-1.jpg

:smitten::pakistan:

regards!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, be thankful to China... they helped build this beauty.

Cockpit and Avionics Systems

The FC-1 / JF-17 features a ‘glass cockpit’ with three large multifunctional displays (Chinese Internet)

The FC-1’s avionics architecture is supported by two mission computers based on Multi-Bus System (MIL-STD-1553B). The heart of the system is a 32-bit Weapon and Mission management Computer (WMMC) which performs mission computations, flight management, reconfiguration / redundancy management and in-flight system self-test.

fc1_04large.jpg

Navigation -- Hybrid inertial navigation system (INS) and global positioning system (GPS);
Communications -- Independent data link with two Independent wide-band radios with anti-jamming capabilities;
Electronic warfare (EW) -- Self protection jammer, missile approach warning system, radar warning receiver (RWR), chaff & flare dispenser;
Identification of Friend and foe (IFF) -- IFF interrogator for target verification at the BVR range;
‘Glass’ cockpit -- Three large Multifunction Colour Displays (MFD) and smart Heads-Up Display (HUD) with built-in symbol generation capability;
HOTAS;
Targeting -- Laser Designator and Targeting Pod (LDTP) for target illumination and detection with day/ night capabilities.
fc1_04large.jpg

jf-17_cockpit1.jpg

I have never been in cockpit but looking at the picture, i believe the both side LCDs shall be tilted slightly forward from top or atleast straightend up , for better ergonomics.
Just like the LED display with knobs, in top of mid LCD.

Stealtgh your picture of Thinder next to Q5 does not do it justice looks to basic. almst the same as the Q5 FANTAN.

Thunder is better than that though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom