What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opinion is like an ar-se hole and everybody got one---like all people are not equally respectable---so are not all opinions.

sir , i was just mentioning you a second back--hahaha mashalah youll have a long life.

as always your metaphors are EPIC :partay:

Sir,

Welcome to the board---.

Your experience is the most important part of you and what you say---it substantiate your statements and claims---basically it lends you legitimacy---.

Opinion is like an ar-se hole and everybody got one---like all people are not equally respectable---so are not all opinions.

You should talk about some of your background.:cheers:

Thank you for the welcome. We can take this conversation to my member introduction thread rather than here.

V-cheng... you have no understanding of design development and ecnomic viability behind any product development.
Do you really think JF-17 would be viable if we start producing every bit and piece locally?
JFT is a our design and it dosn't matter if the parts come even from Timberland.
Today, you will hardly find any product which does not have Chinese parts.... so going by your formula we can claim US don't build cars, TV, computers etc?

Remember, what matter is a working design.

Trust me you are not the first one to bring up this issue, these issues had been discussed..... perhaps from the second page of JFT thread and you are certainly not last.
For a change........how about learning about what JFT has to offer after integrating all those parts.
It never bothered me where the paint or tiers come from!
What bother's me is spoiling a geniun and my favorite thread.

JFT is an A$$ buster and Pakistan is a co-designer, co-producer, co-financier and co-operator and nothing would change that.

Of course you are correct about the JF-17 and what is represents. I agree with you here.

If you wish, I will not spoil your favorite thread. However, as a member, I would like to respectfully say that, unless prevented by Admin or Mods, I have as much a right to participate, as you do.

My opinions are formed not lightly, please trust me on that. Please do not assume anything about my knowledge base before allowing me time to adjust to this website in general and the JF-17 fora in particular.

The JF-17 is a great step forward for the PAF, no doubt. It meets PAF requirements appropriately. However, it is what it is, no more and no less and I cannot use hyperbole to describe quantifiable specifications of the aircraft.

However, it is what it is, no more and no less and I cannot use hyperbole to describe quantifiable specifications of the aircraft.

we are not touting jf17 to beat su30 one on one. [ but it might give su30 a run for its money if in paf airspace under awacs giudance.]

there are generaly these jets in iaf
jag ,mig21--- mig29,m2k -- su30 -- pakfa

paf will make sure that jf17 can easily take care of the first 4 easily

as paf acm has already said , j10 will NOT BE THE ONLY chinese jet we buy-- so ive my fingers crossed

Last edited:
Hi Guys, a very interesting case study about fighter designs and as expected JFT lead the way.
Sorry it was originally in Spanish and i'm posting web translation of same:

Fuerza Armada Bolivariana: Desbaratando el mito adverso sobre los cazas chinos PARTE 1

021lj.jpg

As early times before the coup, in 2000 ~ 2001, with more emphasis had been showing a longstanding interest in acquiring new fighter jets that were gradually supplemented and / or replacing those who were possessed. But he also noted a number of commercial and political stratagems asphyxiating very well concealed to obscure these aspirations that would lead finally in 2005 to the ineffable veto on Western military technology systems and orchestrated, directed and hosted by the imperial military monopoly as immoral web covers almost all industry.

The Russian Federation, sent a delegation to the country in 2001, with two demonstrators MiG-29, a UB version (training) and the other version M2 (MRCA, tandem specialized variant of the MiG-29M ( 9.15) of attack) that never went into production.

But the fighters to replace existing 1:1 was only part of the problem.

Venezuela in 1991 had lost its deterrent capability modest but long-range attack ("long range" under the Venezuelan reality, clarify), with the replacement without immediate relief of the legendary bombers BAC Canberra and a couple of years later remained seriously impaired advanced training / tactic with the recent withdrawal of Rockwell T-2D Buckeye. Also, Venezuela, after the failed coup of April 2002 Cave, faced with new realities in terms of its geopolitical context, for obvious reasons, the braying of the Empire of the day, who do not accept their "backyard" it collapses, he intensified his tutelage in those governments and / or armed forces docile and submissive, as the Colombian government and military forces, to push for a military to Venezuela.

Venezuelan Military Aviation, through the Executive took a decision: buy the Sukhoi Su-30MK2 *. This decision was not a whim but a necessity attended, previous study. A decision that has consequences, the scope has not yet been assimilated by many.

When we say that the scope of the consequences of deciding on the Su-30MK2 * has not yet been assumed by some, is precisely the fact that some (not sure that encourage) are requesting a waiver for the venerable F-16 to meet some of the functions they had to meet (and not ever met), but today is not that, it seeks to substitute a set of tasks, not a specific model.

Without going into detail on the critical geopolitical situation in the 80's that pushed and led its acquisition on the basis of perceived enemies. The tragedy of the F-16 in Venezuela, is that possessed the most advanced fighter throughout Latin America, but only very specific tasks could play ground attack and interception in the short and very short-range (dogfight) in fact interception responsibilities middle and attack naval targets fell on the Mirage-50, in short, light fighter possessed the most exquisite and expensive parade, but that was it. Countries like Saudi Arabia Task understood that air superiority was the best high-performance fighters like the F-15 and other miscellaneous tasks for ground attack, interdiction, and interception performance against smaller fighters, it was best fighter lightweight, surprisingly even for a country like Saudi Arabia, the combination F-15 + F-16, I was somewhat expensive, and opted for a much cheaper light fighter but could massively: they chose the F-5 in his generation "Tiger. "

We assume you are looking for now (by plain common sense) is a rational complement Su-30MK2 *, nothing else. The Su-30MK2 * assumed tasks on paper, were assigned as the Canberra, as the Mirage-50, and F-16 themselves, to know and to name a few: bombing, naval attack, air superiority, deep attack . These tasks were (so to speak) scattered among the three models and are brought together for the first time in a single plane, even surged past.

In short, what is sought is not a direct replacement for the F-16, the Mirage-50 and even F-5, looking for a lightweight fighter broad spectrum to address their own tasks and complements other less demanding, because for other operations of greater scope and capacity to wage war, we have the Su-30MK2 *. What must change as well (modernity and natural progression), is possessed by three models of lightweight fighters (logistical nonsense), and now possess a heavy fighter plus a lightweight fighter that could share technology and logistics.

(*): Сухой Су-30MK2 - Sukhoi Su-30MK2 - Sojoi Su-30MC2.

The modern Cyrillic alphabet includes 33 letters, many of them are pronounced as its equivalent in Spanish.

The source word in Russian is "Сухой Су-30MK2.

Commercially accepted English transliteration is "Sukhoi Su-30MK2. (Find information about the transliteration system BGN / PCGN). The Latin transliteration and translation into Castilian would be: "Su-30MC2 Sojoi."

MK uppercase letters correspond to the initial letters of the Russian words transliterated into Latin would be "Modernizirovannyi kommercheskiy" and Castilian as "Business Modernization" or "MC". Not to be confused with "Mark" (abbreviated MK) is the term that the British give to the different series of the same model. "Mark" in its literal translation would mean "mark", but in a more appropriate translation is meant to use "model." The digit "2" belongs to the step of improvement.

Models selected for study

We decided to make a technical exercise, public outreach information, and conduct a comparative study JF-17/FC-1 specification considers two sets of fighters like: A first group of fighters that currently possess (the F-16A Block 15OCU, the Mirage-50EV, and the F-5A Freedom Fighter), and another group with similar aerodynamic fighters (the F-5E Tiger III, and the prototype of the F-20 Tigershark).

Main Data
(In the tables are more detailed)
00001u.jpg

Model: China: FC-1 Xiaolong (Fighter China-1 Fierce Dragon) unconfirmed military designation J-13 or Q-7 as the final version. / Pakistan: JF-17 تھنڈر (Joint Fighter-17 Thunder).
Manufacturer: Chengdu / PAC
Country of Origin: China / Pakistan
Generation: 4.5
Radar Doppler type multi / multiple targets and fire control: If
HOTAS controls: If
Hard Points: 7
Belica load: 3629kg
Barrel: Type 2 pipe gun, or 1x2x20mm 1x2x30mm (GSH-30-2 or GSh-23 respectively.
Air-Air Missile (Short-range) *: If
Air-Air Missile (Long-Range) *: If
Capacity Missile (Cruise Missile): If
Capacity Missile (Anti-Radar Missile): If
Capacity Missile (Anti-Ship Missile): If

001pfd.jpg

Model: F-16A Block 15OCU
Manufacturer: Lockheed-Martin
Generation: 4
HOTAS controls: No
Hard Points: 11
Belica load: 7700kg
Barrel: Type M61A1 Vulcan gatling 1x20mm.
Capacity Missile (Cruise Missile): No
Capacity Missile (Anti-Radar Missile): No

000cig.jpg

Modelo: Mirage-50EV .
Fabricante: Dassault
País de Origen: Francia
Generación: 3
Radar tipo Doppler multimodo/blancos múltiples y control de fuego: No
Mandos HOTAS: No
Puntos Duros: 7
Carga Bélica: 4000kg
Cañón: 2x30 DEFA 552A.
Misiles Aire-Aire (Corto-Alcance)*: Si
Misiles Aire-Aire (Largo-Alcance)*: Si
Capacidad Misilística (Misiles Cruceros): No
Capacidad Misilística (Misiles Anti-Radares): No
Capacidad Misilística (Misiles Anti-Buques): Si

003vq.jpg

Model: F-5E Tiger III.
Manufacturer: Northrop
Generation: 3
Radar Doppler type multi / multiple targets and fire control: No
Belica load: 3200kg
Cannon: M39A2 2x20mm.
Capacity Missile (Anti-Ship Missile): No

004ud.jpg

Model: F-20 Tigershark.
Manufacturer: Northrop
Generation: 3.5
Belica load: 3600kg
Capacity Missile (Cruise Missile): If
Capacity Missile (Anti-Radar Missile): If

0000ay.jpg

Model: F-5A Freedom Fighter
Manufacturer: Northrop / Canadair
Generation: 2
Radar Doppler type multi / multiple targets and fire control: No
Belica load: 2900kg
Air-Air Missile (Long-Range) *: No
Capacity Missile (Anti-Ship Missile): No
(*): Refers to the spectral function of the aircraft (horse), not the exclusive range missiles.

Tables

First, we show the tables for the relationship between the JF-17 and F-16A Block 15OCU, Mirage-50EV and F-5A Freedom Fighter:

SPECIFICATIONS:
00tablacomparativa1.png

EQUIPMENT AND SYSTEMS:
01tablacomparativa2.png

The following tables show for the relationship between the JF-17 and F-20 Tigershark, F-5E Tiger III

SPECIFICATIONS:
00tablacomparativa3.jpg

EQUIPMENT AND SYSTEMS:
tablacomparativa4.jpg

In the next installment of the study, the comparisons show the performance of all these fighters, regarding the JF-17 (to call it that, it has several designations), and then present some conclusions.

good high-angle of attack performance without stalling or flameouts.

..not going to happen. Low speed high alpha is difficult to achieve with divertless inlet.

Welcome to PDF, I look forward to your posts.

..not going to happen. Low speed high alpha is difficult to achieve with divertless inlet.

Welcome to PDF, I look forward to your posts.

Thank you for the welcome! I look forward to my participation here. :)

To stay on topic, are there any updates on the SD-10A test firing and integration of the WS-13 in the JF-17 program?

So the point proven by that detailed comparison is what exactly?

Adverse myth on disrupting the Chinese fighters PART 2

We continue with the second part of this study, asking them to apologize to everyone who has followed the same study, for we have been slow to continue. If you want, give a brief explanation of this delay, we do not think that we did not have the permission of the author, nor any possibility of conflict with anyone.

Basically it is a study that we did, we just reported, making the respective comments to support it, because as we agreed long before these ideas (except that we lacked further studies on the surface were evident, and hold it that from the beginning we said: what is sought is not a direct replacement for F-16, but an aircraft to complement the Su-30), the fact that this study came to us through prevented us from third person to consult author of the study details of this simple but interesting work, fine detail needed to make the following comments. We finally got access to the creator of the study and until we did a brief interview, which also publish in the coming days. Well, thank you to Canberrero old friend of the forums, but who did not know in person.

STUDIES ON THE POWER AND HANDLING

The following pictures Canberrero sent us emerge from the general tables published in the first half. This time they have to do with the factor-G (structural strength) and, in his words, "the spirit of the mount" (thrust-weight ratio) clearly indicative of maneuverability.

It is emphasized from the first part that these tests were made with public domain data were organized on the basis of two hypothetical comparisons: 1) the FC-1 fighter against fighters that has our Military Aviation (Mirage-50, F- 5A and F-16A), and 2) The FC-1 fighter jets against similar performance (F-20, F-5E).

Sometimes the numbers, operations and results may be unpleasant or contrary to our myths. But that's part of objectivity.

G LIMIT

Clarify that what we call "gravity limit", "Limite G" or "G Force" is not a force is actually a comparison between the force caused by an acceleration of an object relative to its weight. Engineering is what is called dimensionless number, or what is the same, which has no unit of measurement. Although they are usually compared with the value of gravity (hence the name referred to the gravity or G) to give an intuitive idea of the value of number.

The effect of a "G force" is similar to that your weight is multiplied by the number of Gs, in the opposite direction to the acceleration of the reference system.

In areas of aeronautics comparison can be made with the maximum lift force exerted on the wings held tight turns applied or multiple demanding maneuvers. It is the safe margin of acceleration or "Limite G" that can take the aircraft structure without the collapse.

The sign "or -" after the "G" indicates the direction of this relationship in the system, usually called "G positive or compression" or "negative G or traction."

Without going into tedious aeroelastic theories. G simply limits that can withstand a fighter aircraft is a good indicator of the structural strength of the unit and its limited maneuverability.

Thrust / Weight

The thrust to weight ratio is one of the most important parameters for determining the performance of an aircraft (the thrust to weight ratio of a fighter aircraft is a good indicator of the maneuverability of the device).

The thrust to weight ratio varies constantly during the flight. The thrust varies with throttle setting, airspeed, altitude and air temperature. Weight varies with the amount of fuel available and load changes. For an aircraft, the thrust to weight ratio is usually calculated the maximum static thrust at sea level divided by the maximum takeoff weight.

For example. According to the values in Table 1, the Russian RD-93 engine producing 84.4 kN maximum thrust at sea level and has a maximum weight of 9,100 kg. Using a gravity of 9.80665 m / s ², thrust to weight ratio is calculated as follows:

(1 kN = 1000 N = 1000 kg ⋅ m / s ²)

84.4 kN / (9100Kg * 9.807 m / s ²) = 0.000945 kN / N = 0.95 (± 4)

Tolerance (± 4) as the structural fatigue life or in flight hours (+4 New Media Life Limit Life 0 -4).

http://fuerza-armada-bolivariana.blogspot.com/2010/03/desbaratando-el-mito-adverso-sobre-los.html

So the point proven by that detailed comparison is what exactly?

Fighter jets are evaluated not base on where their parts and paint is produced rather it is its specifications, parameters, performance and over all design which determine its class.

HOW MANY JF-17 WE HAVE IN INVENTORY........

We had 8 in PAF JF 1st SQD, and around 12 were in PAC along prototypes ...that was the newz in APRIL 10.

I guess we may hav 10-15 more now making total around ~30 units.
Can any one confirm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom