What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got few things right and few things wrong

1.who are you looking to fight with.

Nobody, its just a deterrent so that when push comes to shove we dont sit on our arse and see it happening.

2. You said " You have not succeeded in your local venture but keep trying"
Even if its true(so many that I can name which is a success) is it a bad thing to try.. Apollo 13 landed on the Moon great story but do you know it was the third attempt.

3. You said " the russians will keep supplying you hardware which is at par with what you will be getting from the EU at grossly over inflated price"

Not necessary its in the same par, when you have many vendor you have many choices.

4. You said " if the F20 comes in at the same time that PAkfa comes in you will always maintain parity with the chinese"
Even if the PakFA come early its not like we are gonna attack, China is huge country. Her enemy is just not India so her defense budget is much more than wht we have

4. You said" As to the Pakistanis , we are not worth worrying about. As a country we just are not big enough or have depth enough to worry you"

True, but our defense acquisitions is not just done keeping Pak in mind.

5. You said" So why these acquisitions worth billions when the same money invested in your country would yield dividends beyond the advantage gained by having 126 fighters which will be white elephants never used in war during their lives"

A country just doesnt buy mil. hardware to go to war, they buy so that it act as a deterrent

A few responses since you have been kind enough to read what i have written. There was ,by the way no sarcasm involved in my post.
1) Dont you think the the SU30s that you have are deterrent enough and what are you stocking your nukes for if not that specific purpose.
2) That was just encouragement . You got it totally wrong. By keeping on trying i meant keep at it. The question is not whether you have any aggressive designs , but to allay your anxiety vis a vis China , whom your elites think is the next bogey man for you.
3) I would actually contest the fact that the russian equipment that you have gotten has been at par with what you will be getting from the West. If instead you relied on subsystems, you would have gotten the whole package for much less.
4)Again then why are you saying what you have stated above.!!! You want to adopt a defensive posture against China, otherwise there is no one in the region who can challenge you.
5) Precisely my point, then why are you going spending billions when you can get the same equipment of equal parity from the Russians.
Araz

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

^first of all this is not the thread to discuss the indian procurement of MMRCA and other matters - stick to the JFT.
Sorry I read your post after i had posted a response. No more MRCA.
Araz

Just wondering if there will be some structural modifications for JFTs with WW and low level strike, Till now we havent seen Anti-radiation weaponary on JFT. This also makes me wonder that why was the crashed JFT flying so low, considering it was brand new and on its madien flight, why would it be doing so? can we establish a connection here?

Just wondering if there will be some structural modifications for JFTs with WW and low level strike, Till now we havent seen Anti-radiation weaponary on JFT. This also makes me wonder that why was the crashed JFT flying so low, considering it was brand new and on its madien flight, why would it be doing so? can we establish a connection here?

The crashed aircraft was on a routine envelope testing sortie..
The most weaponry trials are being carried out using the prototype aircraft at chengdu.
Low level strike missions will not warrant any aerodynamic or structural modifications as the airframe is strong enough to survive any low level buffeting and the weapon aiming component of the avionics core is capable of enabling the JF to make accurate and precise low level dumb bomb drops.
What is missing from the JF is an anti-armor missile system... cluster munitions require extremely risky exposure to enemy tactical AD assets.

Yes JFT is coming to Singapore air show in Feb. 2012 and guys just to let you know PAF has got an invitation from RIAT,UK the largest military air show organizers for 2012 July air show,Strong chances of Thunder to appear over there not to mention that Farnborough 2012 is also displaying JFT and this time aerial one not static.

Thanks for the share Taimi.

So there were 3 of them flying. Seems like they are practicing for some Air Show.

Thanks for the share Taimi.

So there were 3 of them flying. Seems like they are practicing for some Air Show.

I saw one of them flying high above the skies and regular sorties were happening beside that. It has been the only time i have seen JF-17 making contrails, has seen it do its regular aerobatic drills few times, but this incident has been the only one so far. Don't think the Sqd at Peshawar prepares for aerobatic drills as this is an Operational Sqd, and so far JF-17s at air shows have been flown by the T&E team guys, thus the airshow preparations would happen at Kamra most probably.

I saw one of them flying high above the skies and regular sorties were happening beside that. It has been the only time i have seen JF-17 making contrails, has seen it do its regular aerobatic drills few times, but this incident has been the only one so far. Don't think the Sqd at Peshawar prepares for aerobatic drills as this is an Operational Sqd, and so far JF-17s at air shows have been flown by the T&E team guys, thus the airshow preparations would happen at Kamra most probably.

Trying to chase their movements?
New type of training or evaluation.
Makes no sense either as 26th Sqd is operational and has got JF-17s on it's ADA after the tensions on western border.

Next time, try to keep a camera with you. Most likely it's going to appear for few more days at same time if it is preparations for some Air Show or special training/evaluation. It happens over here in KSA.

The F-15 starters usually have training in my region once a year, and they fly for a week. Same route, same maneuvers and same time everyday.

Sorry for the poor footage,.....Thunder doing it's stuff over Peshawar.

At about 1:40, Thunder scared the kid....:cry:

Anyway, seems like the exhaust issue resolved. From this much distance you can't see much exhaust.
So i guess, Rest In Peace, exhaust BS proponents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom