What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is this man .............

277498e38647ca1840e1f.jpg

is JFT getting in to fights . . . . . .

clearly shows burn marks and smoke . . . .

can any on shed light on it . . . .

that PTO6 in china!

blk 2 from july 2012 onwards, blk 1 will be completed by april-may 2012.

Sir bt the block 2 from 2012 july means that the mass production will start by 2012 july and we might induct first squarden after an year?

or we may see JFT 2 induction into PAF by 2012 july?

Sir bt the block 2 from 2012 july means that the mass production will start by 2012 july and we might induct first squarden after an year?

or we may see JFT 2 induction into PAF by 2012 july?
Yes! We are going to see Blk II JF-17 Thunders induction from July 2012.....Insha-Allah.....:)

that PTO6 in china!

Sir fatman I am Very much interested to know about the display type which has been used in glass cockpit ... I have googled around but hardly found something ... are they using Traditional CRT which is in my opinion highly unlikely or AM-LCD (Active Matrix Liquid Crystal Display ) which is a better choice in my opinion as this tech is matured so far or they are using AM-OLED (Active Matrix Organic LED ) ... and from where they are getting them I mean the source is china or some other country ... as well wanted to know about its mission computers but lets discuss this display thing first ...

looking forward for you kind Reply Post :) ...

Sir fatman I am Very much interested to know about the display type which has been used in glass cockpit ... I have googled around but hardly found something ... are they using Traditional CRT which is in my opinion highly unlikely or AM-LCD (Active Matrix Liquid Crystal Display ) which is a better choice in my opinion as this tech is matured so far or they are using AM-OLED (Active Matrix Organic LED ) ... and from where they are getting them I mean the source is china or some other country ... as well wanted to know about its mission computers but lets discuss this display thing first ...

my friend i dont have this technical answer but forum members like tempest, najam, nabil etc can certainly throw some light on this question!

lol but seriously why is the J20 so FLAT from top it almost can land a mini attached plane on top if needed

With JF17 thunder and J20 almost identical size you can literally fit a JF17 thunder on top of the J20

cZi4l.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

One thing for sure is that they are not using any CRTs for display. The LCDs are more like Active Matrix, but that should be the least of their concerns, as most newer LCDs are designed to be compatible with the older ports/plugs....so you can take the old one out and plug a new one in.

French-made Rafale aircraft are likely to fight with the plane made ​​in China, JF-17, to fight over contract Serbian Air Force fleet rejuvenation. State ex-Yugloslavia it has budgeted about 1 billion euros ($ 11.8 billion) to buy about 12 new aircraft.

"Ideally, we would need about 12-16 new aircraft to secure our airspace. One billion euros I think fairly," said an official with the Serbian Defense Ministry told Reuters on Friday (16/12/2011) local time.

In a separate occasion, Serbian Air Force Chief of Staff Brigadier General Ranko Zivak say, the Kemenhan Serbia will invite manufacturers from around the world plane to make an offer next year. Some Serb fighter who ogled among others Sukhoi Su-30 from Russia, the F-16 and F/A-18 from the U.S., Sweden's Gripen, Eurofighter Typhoon from the European consortium, the Rafale from France, and the JF-17 from China.

AU Serbia is currently living with three MiG-29 and about a dozen old MiG-21 aircraft from the Soviet Union era. Most of the ancient Serbian air force because of unkempt damaged after it got from the UN arms embargo-related involvement in the Balkan wars in the era of the 1990s. Some fleet of MiG-29 Serbian also destroyed in NATO bombing campaign in 1999.

According to the magazine Zivak Odbrana defense, fighter procurement plans will enter the final stage, this month. Serbia must decide whether to choose a product developed by NATO or remain faithful to its main ally, Russia and China.

Link :

Rafale dan JF-17 Akan Bertarung di Serbia - KOMPAS.com

French-made Rafale aircraft are likely to fight with the plane made ​​in China, JF-17, to fight over contract Serbian Air Force fleet rejuvenation. State ex-Yugloslavia it has budgeted about 1 billion euros ($ 11.8 billion) to buy about 12 new aircraft.

"Ideally, we would need about 12-16 new aircraft to secure our airspace. One billion euros I think fairly," said an official with the Serbian Defense Ministry told Reuters on Friday (16/12/2011) local time.

In a separate occasion, Serbian Air Force Chief of Staff Brigadier General Ranko Zivak say, the Kemenhan Serbia will invite manufacturers from around the world plane to make an offer next year. Some Serb fighter who ogled among others Sukhoi Su-30 from Russia, the F-16 and F/A-18 from the U.S., Sweden's Gripen, Eurofighter Typhoon from the European consortium, the Rafale from France, and the JF-17 from China.

AU Serbia is currently living with three MiG-29 and about a dozen old MiG-21 aircraft from the Soviet Union era. Most of the ancient Serbian air force because of unkempt damaged after it got from the UN arms embargo-related involvement in the Balkan wars in the era of the 1990s. Some fleet of MiG-29 Serbian also destroyed in NATO bombing campaign in 1999.

According to the magazine Zivak Odbrana defense, fighter procurement plans will enter the final stage, this month. Serbia must decide whether to choose a product developed by NATO or remain faithful to its main ally, Russia and China.

Link :

Rafale dan JF-17 Akan Bertarung di Serbia - KOMPAS.com

if they want 12-16 a/c, they would only need US$ 500m for the JFT. for rafale which will cost around US$60m/unit, they will need US$ 1.0 billion and more for infrastructure.

Rafale is desperate to get foreign orders otherwise the manufacturer may have to shut down the assembly line (just like the mirage 2000). this croation order for 16 a/c will not save them. they are desperate to win the indian MMRCA order.

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

PK does not have very cordial relations with Croatia. i cant say how their relations are with PRC. anyway, the a/c which will be offered is the FC-1

One thing for sure is that they are not using any CRTs for display. The LCDs are more like Active Matrix, but that should be the least of their concerns, as most newer LCDs are designed to be compatible with the older ports/plugs....so you can take the old one out and plug a new one in.

I am very much interested to work out some small scale research and may be development (outsourced if got a chance) in sub systems ... for now working in software industry ... as I have learned some primitive things about embedded systems ... I am hoping just for a small scale nothing big just to create some understanding in this field ... and more then happy to spend some $$ ... but I am not connected with peoples so I thought I am here from more then 2 years may got some better advice :) ... so any senior member who is willing to guide may PM me ... remember for now its only for my own consumption (Tharuk) :D ...

if they want 12-16 a/c, they would only need US$ 500m for the JFT. for rafale which will cost around US$60m/unit, they will need US$ 1.0 billion and more for infrastructure.

Rafale is desperate to get foreign orders otherwise the manufacturer may have to shut down the assembly line (just like the mirage 2000). this croation order for 16 a/c will not save them. they are desperate to win the indian MMRCA order.

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

PK does not have very cordial relations with Croatia. i cant say how their relations are with PRC. anyway, the a/c which will be offered is the FC-1

If Rafale doesn't get the Indian Tender, then the production line is doomed. Even if it gets it, the production line is still doomed because after 5-7 years, all orders would have been completed and there will be no need to keep the Dassault line running. This isn't anywhere near the Mirage success or F-16s, where production went for decades.

So regardless, Rafale will see production ceasing in not so near future. If India Takes Typhoon, then 12-16 jet order for Serbia wil mean at most a 2 year life for Rafale's production. Unless someone else comes in (Middle-East) and buys hundreds more jets.

Dassault has been a failure from Marketing and Revenue generating point of view for the Dassault company. Or maybe all of us were expectin too much? Compared to Mirage Series (III/IV/V, 2000....F1), Dassault has failed to stir up any demand for their product and those who were or might be interested (PAF) or were there former, BIG, Customer (Again, PAF, Israeli AF etc ) have other plans, newer jets, more cost effectiveness.

Simply put, The French lost their Charm, as they incorporated more technology and came up with fine product, but the times of the day simply didn't heed them anything. Fate or luck, you pick.

I just passed by an interesting fact while reading through Janes's coverage of MKAS 2011. Janes state that a new generation BVR missile was on display (A-12 RVV-BV) now as per seeker manufacturer AGAT, its seeker has a range of 200KM (janes say its active, but active seekers cant have that much range unless they carry fighter AC's radar, so janes must be referring to passive seeker). Now a few months ago the Same manufacturer said that it was funded for the development of a passive seeker with 200KM range by a "third country" (China). SD-10A is speculated to have AGAT Passive as well as Active seeker (200,20KM ranges respectively). This shows that even the first generation SD-10 had better seeker than Russian RVV variant and now as they apparently catch up with RVV-BV, Chinese are already a steap ahead with SD-10B :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom