What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
jft cockpit displays are AMLCD or Active Matrix Liquid Crystal Display known to give good visibility in direct sunlight. As per a source, its so much fun to fly it as it is remarkably easy to handle and weather impact (day/ night/ cloudy) is a non issue in JFT cockpit. Sigh!

Nabil-05 ,
any picture of cockpit.

Browse JFT info pool or previous pages of this thread. Look at displays closely and tell me what it looks like? It is surely not TFT based.:)

If Rafale doesn't get the Indian Tender, then the production line is doomed. Even if it gets it, the production line is still doomed because after 5-7 years, all orders would have been completed and there will be no need to keep the Dassault line running. This isn't anywhere near the Mirage success or F-16s, where production went for decades.

So regardless, Rafale will see production ceasing in not so near future. If India Takes Typhoon, then 12-16 jet order for Serbia wil mean at most a 2 year life for Rafale's production. Unless someone else comes in (Middle-East) and buys hundreds more jets.

You are assuming the fact that India will not place a follow on order- which might not be True since India has time and again demonstrated the propensity to place follow up order. Also you are assuming the fact that there will not be any new tenders in coming 5-6 years which France will not win - who knows ? Maybe Indian win might do Rafale a world of good in terms of PR.

Anyways i agree with you on marketing department of Dassault - These guys are notoriously old fashioned and should i say stubborn.
Sorry for the OT.

You are assuming the fact that India will not place a follow on order- which might not be True since India has time and again demonstrated the propensity to place follow up order. Also you are assuming the fact that there will not be any new tenders in coming 5-6 years which France will not win - who knows ? Maybe Indian win might do Rafale a world of good in terms of PR.

Anyways i agree with you on marketing department of Dassault - These guys are notoriously old fashioned and should i say stubborn.
Sorry for the OT.

With all due respects the whole MMRCA acquisition is a disaster. I mean who are you looking to fight with. You have a long tradition odf useing the Russian equipment. You have not succeeded in your local venture but keep trying.Meanwhile the russians will keep supplying you hardware which is at par with what you will be getting from the EU at grossly over inflated price. You can always approach the Israelis and the EU for subsystems which you can buy rights to build in house. If the F20 comes in at the same time that PAkfa comes in you will always maintain parity with the chinese, although technically you have already lost the battle before it has begun. As to the Pakistanis , we are not worth worrying about. As a country we just are not big enough or have depth enough to worry you. So why these acquisitions worth billions when the same money invested in your country would yield dividends beyond the advantage gained by having 126 fighters which will be white elephants never used in war during their lives. This is just my view, I have no prejudice either way.
Araz

With all due respects the whole MMRCA acquisition is a disaster. I mean who are you looking to fight with. You have a long tradition odf useing the Russian equipment. You have not succeeded in your local venture but keep trying.Meanwhile the russians will keep supplying you hardware which is at par with what you will be getting from the EU at grossly over inflated price. You can always approach the Israelis and the EU for subsystems which you can buy rights to build in house. If the F20 comes in at the same time that PAkfa comes in you will always maintain parity with the chinese, although technically you have already lost the battle before it has begun. As to the Pakistanis , we are not worth worrying about. As a country we just are not big enough or have depth enough to worry you. So why these acquisitions worth billions when the same money invested in your country would yield dividends beyond the advantage gained by having 126 fighters which will be white elephants never used in war during their lives. This is just my view, I have no prejudice either way.
Araz

You got few things right and few things wrong

1.who are you looking to fight with.

Nobody, its just a deterrent so that when push comes to shove we dont sit on our arse and see it happening.

2. You said " You have not succeeded in your local venture but keep trying"
Even if its true(so many that I can name which is a success) is it a bad thing to try.. Apollo 13 landed on the Moon great story but do you know it was the third attempt.

3. You said " the russians will keep supplying you hardware which is at par with what you will be getting from the EU at grossly over inflated price"

Not necessary its in the same par, when you have many vendor you have many choices.

4. You said " if the F20 comes in at the same time that PAkfa comes in you will always maintain parity with the chinese"
Even if the PakFA come early its not like we are gonna attack, China is huge country. Her enemy is just not India so her defense budget is much more than wht we have

4. You said" As to the Pakistanis , we are not worth worrying about. As a country we just are not big enough or have depth enough to worry you"

True, but our defense acquisitions is not just done keeping Pak in mind.

5. You said" So why these acquisitions worth billions when the same money invested in your country would yield dividends beyond the advantage gained by having 126 fighters which will be white elephants never used in war during their lives"

A country just doesnt buy mil. hardware to go to war, they buy so that it act as a deterrent

Sorry for the OT.

A follow on order of how many jets? 126 more? Highly unlikely consider IAF is budgeting for Stealth tech....but in case IAF puts an order for a total of 126+126= 252 jets, that still is a small number considering the amount of R&D expenses that Dassault had to incur. Long gone are the days when jets would be produced in numbers of 1000s like the Migs, F-16s, Mirage etc....

Sorry to interrupt but just want to say India has got money let them do whatever they want according to my weak opinion.

Black Dragon would be lovely too :tup:
I guess we shold have at least three kinds of Dragons in our PAF squadrons Black Dragons, Red Dragons and Green Dragons...a whole combination of Dragons....that will be excellent.....:)

^first of all this is not the thread to discuss the indian procurement of MMRCA and other matters - stick to the JFT.

376083_10150542243765676_26224995675_10856516_1848049311_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom