What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think why most people don't consider KLJ-7 effective enough is due to non-availability of much data on KLJ-10 on which this radar is based.

307280_228330533900486_137726479627559_568119_1494786670_n.jpg

klj-7 is a very effective radar..its has similar performance to update mig29 SMT of indian airforce..
block 2 will be even better

range wise, apg 68 and klj quite similar. both radars are multirole in nature. apg 68 (v9) has more modes and a better SAR imagery off course but it has an edge on most PD radars out there. However, klj has a better anti jamming and few (undisclosed) goodies. Hope i didnt say too much. :D

range wise, apg 68 and klj quite similar. both radars are multirole in nature. apg 68 (v9) has more modes and a better SAR imagery off course but it has an edge on most PD radars out there. However, klj has a better anti jamming and few (undisclosed) goodies. Hope i didnt say too much. :D

:azn:

I think you said just enough ...

The SAR resolution is not just a capability issue, it is a requirement issue as well.
Lets just say it could have been done given more time and resources but the PAF did not need it.

There was another rumor abound regarding integration of a internal KG300 class system in the blk2..
then again..just a rumor.

just wanted to clarify one thing. Please understand the nature of a specific radar. for e.g. a multirole radar cant be compared with an Air superiority radar. Similarly, we cant compare apg-68 (any model) with an apg-63 (any model). One is designed to provide balance performance in all hemispheres whereas the other is meant to emphasis air superiority despite lacking in air to ground or other less important modes, thus more range, bigger antennae, more LRU (line replaceble units, more powerful processor and transmitter). BARS and APG 63 series are examples of air superiority, 68 series and klj are multirole with all necessary modes and a balanced range with appropriate power arrangement.

Any Idea whick radar will be used in Blck-2 and what would be its specs?

To be honest, KLJ was a good and ruggedly tested radar from the word go since it was developed under PAF engineer's supervision. From reports that i got, it was modular enough that every glitch was tweaked immediately. Currently, it is by far the best PD radar in PAF fighter fleet. This goes to show their trust in the radar. SAR mode is also better than that of Grifo-M series!

Just one question. If we take the word rugged by its literal meaning, it means the radar is tough....meaning it has a higher MTBF as compared to other, but really what advantage does it really have on a let say less rugged but a more sophisticated AESA radar?
Secondly sir you mentioned its SAS mode to be better then Grifo series......but Grifo series is hardly a benchmark we should be looking at, considering how the threats have evolved.

Most likely there will be sub division in Block 2. Like 50-100 Airplanes will come with the things mentioned in report.100-150 JF-17 comes with AESA and IRST and from 150 and onward it will be the Block 3 of JF-17

Most likely there will be sub division in Block 2. Like 50-100 Airplanes will come with the things mentioned in report.100-150 JF-17 comes with AESA and IRST and from 150 and onward it will be the Block 3 of JF-17

And based on what you find this likely?

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

Just one question. If we take the word rugged by its literal meaning, it means the radar is tough....meaning it has a higher MTBF as compared to other, but really what advantage does it really have on a let say less rugged but a more sophisticated AESA radar?
Secondly sir you mentioned its SAS mode to be better then Grifo series......but Grifo series is hardly a benchmark we should be looking at, considering how the threats have evolved.

I understood the message.. if it helps to you.. just changed the word 'ruggedly' with 'rigorously'

By rugged, i meant it id operated under harsh conditions i.e. temperatures and adverse conditions, has been put through paces in terms of power and constant use, even more than stated Mean Time Between Failure hours i.e. 220+ yet it has performed well. More modes of operation have been added while the radar was in active service. An evaluation team keeps all avionics, radar in check and propose modifications as per requirement. Current klj is much better than the one fitted on SBP aitcraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom