What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My information points to Egyptian acquisition of JF-17 in triple digits and not just for 30-40 copies. This explains why Egypt wants an assembly line. Also, Egypt and Pakistan are negotiating this project.

Avionics issue is under review and it may have an effect on the timimg of the project.

thanks alot sir your words have much value for me.:cheers:

Yea.. that's pretty much what I was trying to say..dunno why you understood it to compare to the 5th stealth..
And comprendo to the whole block 3 thingie.. but I doubt that is coming anytime soon.. maybe 15 years later..
and hence why I too dont like using stealth to describe features to reduce RCS, but then again.. even stealth termed aircraft do get picked up by radar if they fly close enough.. even the F-22..with its steel pellet sized RCS, will eventually be seen if it flys smack over the radar(hypothetically off course)..
Which brings me to my question.. Whats stealth?..noun, verb or adjective..or can we use it a little liberally with an adverb?:confused:

Didn't mean it on your post, but in general! Such art works confuses people only, because their close look to US stealth fighters. That all makes it hard to define LO, or VLO RCSs.

That's what i was thinking..
Thanks for further information pshamim

Last edited:
Tit bit....

The dark camo thunder has a different radar than others. My guess is klj-10. Also, MRAAM interface issue with klj-7 is resolved.

Any links to support that klj-10 is installed on them

After initial 8, radar was switched to klj-10 and today we have one operational squadron which will become 2 by the year end.

Chinese Military Aviation | China Air Force

in the initial batches of 8, then subsequently switched to KLJ-10 with a better performance (track 10 engage 2, look-up range 75km, look-down range 45km for RCS=3m2). A European high performance radar (e.g. Italian Vixen 1000ES AESA) has been planned in later batches

If this is true then expect thunders to stand in the high league.

See todays world radar is very important thunder has it all but a radar so lets see if it gets a Aesa how soon

I have made a query to my someone regarding the Air Superiority painted thunders if there is a different radar and other changes in it. Just waiting for his reply and will share with all.

I have made a query to my someone regarding the Air Superiority painted thunders if there is a different radar and other changes in it. Just waiting for his reply and will share with all.

it will be good

well egyptians asked usa for F 15 too what happened

Egypt indeed asked for F15 but Israel intervened and showed the Americans their satellite images that Egypt is preparing its armed forces against israel..from there onwards the deal regarding F15 was converted into a deal of F16's . . :sniper:

egyptian air force has as an organization terrible dysfunction.
Confusions of their plans and or are going no where except for American F-16s Block 52. What is egyptain air force planning; In simple words it's a mess out there with their hierarchy planning for their air force.
Purchasing F-16 blk 52, upgrading very old mig-21, Keeping F-7s/mirage V-2000, negotiations for Thunders, discussing mig-29smt, discussing su-30 purchase, discussing su-35 purchase.
Incompetence, greed and corruption is the main focus. If egypt wants to enter new era they've to get rid of mig-21/F-7/F-4, Mirage V replacing them with something better in relative performance Thunders/J-10, and drop plans for mig-29smt and jump to su-30/35. But at the end of a day EAF is in the driving seat deciding fate of the air force to enter into new or keep vintage at work for the next 2 decades.

F-4/Mirage 2000 25+18=45 replace by su-30/35 60-70
mirage V 60 replace by Thunders (supposed blk II/III) 50
mig-21 60 replace by Thunders 50-60
F-7 53 replace by Thunder 50
F-16 blk 40/42/52 216+20=236

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom